Fishing from K Drive

Lewtenant

While on K Drive we can go over water. Ivara can throw spears from dashwire which increases her utility for fishing. Could we K drive over water and then throw our spears out in the middle of a lake or far off the coast? It would make it nicer to be further away from spiders, corpus, and combat. I'm not expecting it in Fortuna cause I haven't seen it in discussion so far, but at some point I would love it. Also this way we could track fish that start to swim away after something shoots at it or I miss my throw the first time.

Not an artist, but would also be awesome to see a warframe sitting on the k drive with spear by its side dangling feet over the water.

That sounds like a really fun idea - count me in for some K-Drive fishing 😉😉

It might prove difficult to hear the fish in the water from the engine K-Drive noise though.

I do hope, that it will also be possible to catch a bunch of new types of fish in Fortuna - but I have not heard anything about it yet...

hmm. shame we wouldn't be able to use Warframe Abilities at the same time, if we can use Gear.
the dream, floating above the Water and have Turbulence active, for maximum efficiency Fishing. :D

also Ivara is a dead meme for Fishing, upgrade to Zephyr :D

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

hmm. shame we wouldn't be able to use Warframe Abilities at the same time, if we can use Gear.
the dream, floating above the Water and have Turbulence active, for maximum efficiency Fishing. 😄

also Ivara is a dead meme for Fishing, upgrade to Zephyr 😄

Yea exactly or we just launch a bunch of rockets down in the water blowing up all the fish. Haha!

That would take the sport out of it though...😎

5 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Maybe so, but even if you catch them all intact with turbulence active - there has to be some skill and challenge in catching them - if not then the sport in the fishing has gone.

shrug - i'll be more concerned about being sporting if Fish are just a natural part of the environment just like Rats and Birds, rather than only existing when you Aim with a Spear.
and for Baits to be less dumb, 'Hotspots' redone since they're anti-variety as it is, make Host/Client not so incredibly broken with Fishing....
Et Cetera. the more like actual wildlife they are, the more i'll respect their existence. and the better it works overall, in the same vein.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

shrug - i'll be more concerned about being sporting if Fish are just a natural part of the environment just like Rats and Birds, rather than only existing when you Aim with a Spear.
and for Baits to be less dumb, 'Hotspots' redone since they're anti-variety as it is, make Host/Client not so incredibly broken with Fishing....
Et Cetera. the more like actual wildlife they are, the more i'll respect their existence. and the better it works overall, in the same vein.

Interesting - well my point was more, that fishing will get borring very soon, if there is no longer any challenge to it ☺️

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

new types of fish in Fortuna - but I have not heard anything about it yet

New types of fish will be in Fortuna. They are in the tanks swimming by the business. They are machine fish from the orokin era and will be used for crafting etc. They also showed a new type of spear recently that works for the orb vallus fishies. Not sure if we still need multiple fish, but the capture mechanic has also changed where you need to time the pull of the spear with a second click after the throw. There will be a bar (similar to tightbeam) where you have to click in the target region.

59 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

if there is no longer any challenge to it ☺️

They are adding a second click to the cast where you have to pull the spear at the right time after landing the hit like tightbeam from the ARG. It was shown in recent fortuna footage. Will probably be harder to time with rarer fish, and make using Pharoma (or fortuna equivalent) to cast multiple times more useful.

14 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

New types of fish will be in Fortuna. They are in the tanks swimming by the business. They are machine fish from the orokin era and will be used for crafting etc. They also showed a new type of spear recently that works for the orb vallus fishies. Not sure if we still need multiple fish, but the capture mechanic has also changed where you need to time the pull of the spear with a second click after the throw. There will be a bar (similar to tightbeam) where you have to click in the target region.

8 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

They are adding a second click to the cast where you have to pull the spear at the right time after landing the hit like tightbeam from the ARG. It was shown in recent fortuna footage. Will probably be harder to time with rarer fish, and make using Pharoma (or fortuna equivalent) to cast multiple times more useful.

I did not know that - thanks for the information. 👍👍

A bit sad that the fish will be mechanical and not real fish of flesh and blood...

It does sound like they have been playing around with the catching mechanics of the spear and I guess it's a new type even though it was not the fish type I had hoped for. I am still curious on how it plays out in praxis.

22 hours ago, Lewtenant said:

further away from spiders, corpus, and combat

This is exactly why you won't have this or there will be other threats made to combat this.

You won't have the ability to grind out resources from the new zones without threat.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

You won't have the ability to grind out resources from the new zones without threat.

Well the bait locations will still be close to the shore so it wouldn't be an end all be all solution for grinding fish standing, but it would make it easier to hit fish that are 20 m off the shore and 5 m deep.