Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some weapons scale with enemy level... Whaaat ?

dwqrf

Yes, this mod is the best. There is also a variant for Detron and Jat kittag, but they are not as great. Equinox's Maim also has the ability to scale on enemy's Max Health. Trinity also has a Max Health damage output with her vampire, i think.

When weapons "scale", they don't gain damage with enemy's levels, it just means that the weapons are still doing enough damage to be viable even with enemies scaling up in health and defenses, with the exception of Octavia's mallet, since it reflects damage depending on the damage received, which is higher as enemies scale up. This is most likely a glitch, I mean is no one gonna mention the length of the enemy health bars? ._.

il y a 52 minutes, Vanille a dit :

This is most likely a glitch, I mean is no one gonna mention the length of the enemy health bars? ._.

I think this is a glitch due to using 4 shield disruption and leaving them shieldless. Maybe this is the cause, as well, of the high numbers, that might just be a UI bug on a none existing scaling shield, maybe ?

It's a bug with Shield Disruption. The same thing that used to cause invincible Eidolons, actually. Having four Shield Disruptions causes the shields to roll over into negative values, which actually amplifies the amount of damage they take. A shotgun weapon like the Kohm can take advantage of this by spitting out vast numbers of pellets, each dealing many times the intended amount of damage, to shear through the enemies' health. This would also work with any other pellet-based shotgun, as well as Oberon's 1, but the Kohm is the best due to its raw ammo output.

So to put it plainly, either the guy in that video is dumb enough to believe that this is somehow intended behavior (which I highly doubt), or he's lying to try and cover his ass for actively exploiting the bug. Given how stupid people can be about exploits in online games, the latter wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity

Hey,

this looks highly unusual and should be taken care of as soon as possible, preferably around the release of Fortuna.

This damage scaling bug completely trivialises the game at this point, and I thought that Warframe was relatively easy enough on its own in the current state with things like Maiming Strike and constantly increasing numbers on every new weapon.

Il y a 7 heures, dwqrf a dit :

People know about this bug since month and exploit it. This is disguting.

Gas stealth melees anyone? It was used for far more and by almost everyone to the point Youtubers pointed to that as a viable strategy... It won't be the first mor the last. 

il y a 41 minutes, VorticoseLine a dit :

That is self-damage Trin, and that has been changed since then.  essentially it was using abating link which would "reflect" damage to enemies when you are dealt damage, and a self damaging weapon.  It's a niche play that can't be achieved in the same way.

The self damage Trin was indeed what was used as a DPS form in this video, but that was using the exploit. Trinity wasn't the issue here.
But with this exploit, you can go with ANY form of huge aoe low damage dealing output and it works as well.