Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Will Fail. Here's why.

RadiantArin

So before you jump on me for the title of the thread, I just want to state that this is all my personal opinion. I would very much like for the Fortuna update to succeed and bring in more players, but that's only from the standpoint of the new player. The standpoint from the veteran side of me has some personal qualms about how all of this is being handled. And I want to start with a couple of reasons why Fortuna won't keep the interest of the veterans, who have been begging for new content for over a year now.

1. We were not given any glimpse of any of the Spider bot bosses in Fortuna. We got a very small sneak peek during one of the dev-streams/Prime Times where Reb fought a Spider Bot Boss that was about Level 500 or something like that. If the Spider Bot bosses end up just being shallow Level 50 bosses much like Eidolons are, then there really isn't any point in chasing after the content because we'll just steam roll it anyway. To me, this was the most interesting part of Fortuna and for it to be neutered like this is going to be a painful blow to deal with.

2. There is no challenge with Fortuna. This kind of ties in with Point #1. If the Spider Bot enemies are going to be capped at Level 50 or some low level that isn't going to give veteran players a proper challenge, there's no point in playing Fortuna. All the enemies that were shown off in Fortuna are Level 20 Corpus trash fodder enemies that can be killed with a literal stick. Again, to the new player side, that's fine. But for us veterans, there isn't going to be much of a challenge there. We would just rather do Arbitrations because those actually present a challenge to us. An artificial difficulty challenge, but it's still challenging than Sorties.

3. The farming will be atrocious. We already know that's going to be a given. Us Veterans don't want to sit down and have to start EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN with Fortuna. Given how immense and polarized the farming was for PoE, the farming for Fortuna will likely be three times worse.

4. Kitguns are bad. The bread and butter, the creme of the crop, the most hyped up aspect of Fortuna that EVERYONE was jumping on the bandwagon for......is terrible. 

new

If this image is anything to look at from what was posted on the official website, these gun stats are absolute garbage. This chamber says that the gun will do 58 damage with 22% Critical Chance and 2.3x Multiplier. You know what has better stats? A REGULAR #*!%ING LEX. THAT YOU CAN BUY FOR 50K CREDITS. THAT DEALS ALMOST THREE TIMES THE DAMAGE. To add fuel to the fire, let's say this particular chamber needs 10k Credits, some Rubedo, some Fortuna Material, and Fortuna Gems for example (this is a complete hypothetical situation). It would just be more convenient to buy a straight upgrade for 50k Credits that can literally carry you through the game instead of having to waste time and resources crafting these.

Speaking of time and money, if Zaws are anything to go by, Kitguns will be extremely expensive to Forma if you're crazy for some reason and want to upgrade these things. The best Crit build for Secondaries is 5 Forma and the best Status Builds are 2-3 Forma. The reason Zaws aren't THAT Forma intensive is because you can put on Stances to increase Capacity. No such luck with Primaries and Secondaries, meaning you'll be sinking more Forma into a gun that's not even going to be able to kill Level 50s efficiently. No veteran wants that and I don't even think a newer player wants that.

5. The size of the map will deter newcomers away. Bigger isn't always better. If the map is convoluted or confusing to get around in, especially on foot, when newer players don't have access to Archwing Launchers or K-Drives, they're going to get frustrated and not play anymore. Plus, there are a number of issues that STILL TO THIS DAY haven't been solved regarding PoE's quality of optimization. Yes, the map is big, but there are people still even on Steam that can't even access PoE because they can't get past the door. Forgive me if I seem a little rude here but that is bullS#&$. I had to build my rig specifically so that I could run PoE and thank goodness I did, because I am actually sorry for all those people that can't experience Eidolon fights and can't grind the required materials needed to make the end game gear from PoE.

6. The set mods are garbage. With the exception of Tek Gravity and Mecha Pulse, and MAYBE Tek Collateral for some meme-y builds, absolutely none of these Mods are going to be used. 

7. Garuda is extremely underwhelming. Garuda looks like a combination of a clunky Volt, Valkyr, Nyx, and Revenant. Garuda is too many frames trying to be one frame. Her entire idea needs to be scrapped and rethought of, especially if her release is coming with Fortuna. Newer players and even some veterans are going to see Garuda, see how clunky she is, use her for MR fodder, and never use her again. At least Revenant and Khora are decent and Gara is good, but Garuda is extremely bland and boring, with a hodgepodge of ideas tacked onto a single frame. Her weapons look cool though, so props.

Again, this is just one person speaking their own thoughts but personally I really don't think Fortuna is going to be that great. Warframe still doesn't have the identity it sorely needs. It doesn't have endgame CONTENT. And I'm not talking about Arbitrations where it's the same recycled mission type over and over again. I mean REAL ENDGAME CONTENT.

It feels like to me DE is slowly losing touch with the playerbase with what we really want, which is new content for endgame players. Not the same mistakes from PoE.

Riven mods that need to be unveiled in the Venus plains...
mandatory game progression tied to Venus open world system (Tau system)

A game within a game which otherwise you have no way to progress
than to play something that feels distant and detached from warframe as it has been for the past few years,

While I'm expecting the grind to be painfully laborious I'm at least going to give it a go before going all negative about it....

As to the size of the map, you know what I kind of hope it does put of newbies, maybe the levels could be slightly higher for us 'veterans'....

I know one thing I am not looking forward to though, especially seeing as they're not upping min spec requirements, DE's host selection picking the weakest host even when there are considerably better options in the group....

8 minutes ago, RadiantArin said:

If this image is anything to look at from what was posted on the official website, these gun stats are absolute garbage. This chamber says that the gun will do 58 damage with 22% Critical Chance and 2.3x Multiplier. You know what has better stats?

The gilded weapon of the same type? If we compare it to zaws the one in the picture will get 32% CC with a 2.3x CD multi, that is not too shabby. Also dealing two elemental dmg types innately, quite interesting.

The entire rest of your post is also speculative and not very well thought out. Yes, interesting and challenging content is nice for vets, but you also need to have accessible content for other people. And the spiders will be exactly like the Eidolons, tough at the start until people figure them out and look for ways to farm as many of them in as short as time as possible. That is how this game works in case you haven't noticed.

i stopped after reading your level argument.

While the scaling does give some challenge in some sort of way until a certain degree, the level alone is doing literally nothing to add/remove challenge. These "veteran players" are just circling around their little "lul killed a lv3000 grineer yas" club which is nothing but using the laziest, most efficient and cheesiest way possible.

Getting into areas where you get oneshotted by anything is no challenge. That is Fake Difficulty and luckily DE seems to understand this part of game design.

op, for such an overblown title i really didn't wanna bother reading the post, so i don't know if you're a troll or just cocksure beyond reason, but if you're the latter it's unhealthy practice to repeatedly hit the fire alarm just because you're afraid of fires in general.

Edited by evilChair

Yes, Fortuna will be shiiiiiiit when first launched, just like every big content in previous version.

And No, DE will spend over a year to fix their shiiiiiiiit, it will be friendly accessible eventually.

So I suggest relax, sit back, keep low hype, and enjoy all bugs. 

Not really even worth responding to.

Every conclusion in the OP is drawn from a grand total of, what, three, four images and a devstream from way back in production?

For that matter, this post is kind of indicative of exactly what is wrong with player mentality and how it's harmful to the game.  Levels being high (as in sheer numbers and nothing else) is an absolute garbage way to increase difficulty, and I seriously question anyone who would genuinely want to fight (As in, FIGHT, and not just disable them entirely so that they are exactly as challenging as at level 3) anything significantly above level 100.  Also, apparently if anything isn't best-in-slot right out of the gate and it is made immediately apparent without any experimentation or thought by the players (as was the case for Zaws) that that is the case then it's 100% a waste of time.  Also apparently the Kitguns were the most hyped part of the update, and once again I'm wondering if I'm watching the same teasers as everyone else, because that wasn't the case at all.

25 minutes ago, RadiantArin said:

If this image is anything to look at from what was posted on the official website, these gun stats are absolute garbage.

1. this are the UNGILDED stats. When gilded you add 10% cit and 10% status as well as 0.3x crit multi, futher there are 2 innate elementals AND, most importantly, the gun showed of wasn't min-maxed so they can be more powerful.

2. FORTUNA was never meant for veterans but new players, although your argument that the size may be a problem, with loading yes, exploring maybe; some people like to explore vast worlds, which is what FORTUNA is.

3. It won't fail, will it disappoint some people, definitely cause people already are and it hasn't been released yet.

Honestly, Fortuna looks like a grindfest, for no reason. Eidolons was the best part of PoE and that became incredibly repetitive, unnecessary and easy, really quickly. Fortuna for me, is just something new to do (or rather, new grinding, cuz new grinding is more interesting than old grinding, at least), RailJacks is what Im looking forward to n thats not gonna be for a while. Like what tedious thing are we gonna hav eto do to build secondaries? and how useless are those gonna be? operator suits dont seem all that appealing imo. but who knows what we will get?

I just know a rewarding challenge, isnt gonna be it.

Its not even out yet and we alredy getting posts like this? oh boy this will be fun

90% of the things you said is just your personal opinion, whats definetly not a reason why something will fail, and you alredy lied in the first point, they did indeed, fight against one of the boss, and it looked pretty interesting

44 minutes ago, RadiantArin said:

There is no challenge with Fortuna. 

We just gotta hope that those  alert levels pump it up hard and those Dev Stream enemies were hopefully just placeholders 😞

We were not given any glimpse of any of the Spider bot bosses in Fortuna

yep thats a valid concern that I definitly share.

Kitguns are bad.

wouldnt judge just by the Devstream showcase, like Zaws there is much potential and they might get something similar to Plague zaw Parts in the future

25 minutes ago, Airikr said:

i stopped after reading your level argument.

While the scaling does give some challenge in some sort of way until a certain degree, the level alone is doing literally nothing to add/remove challenge. These "veteran players" are just circling around their little "lul killed a lv3000 grineer yas" club which is nothing but using the laziest, most efficient and cheesiest way possible.

Getting into areas where you get oneshotted by anything is no challenge. That is Fake Difficulty and luckily DE seems to understand this part of game design.

so? What would add challenge to the game than?

Edited by Kyoresh