Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Buffs

4thBro

Should be 90% damage reduction for a Frame, not some irrelevant amount of Strength.

Right now, all we get is a bunch of Jebaited Embers joining our Interception missions, dying, and ruining it for everyone.

Had a Titania say in chat, "wtf, I just got 1 shot."

How do you go through the game to the point of unlocking Arbs, and then also be the kind of person to play Titania, die in 1 shot, and then be surprised about it in chat???

I feel like I'm taking CRAZY pills!

If players are dying, they are ill-equipped. If players need damage reduction buffs with percentages at something like 90%, then that is simply a crutch.

I like the way the buffs are. They change up how you would use a Warframe in some cases. If players are ruining your experience, then you should look for players who don't or try playing alone.

hace 1 hora, 4thBro dijo:

Should be 90% damage reduction for a Frame, not some irrelevant amount of Strength.

Right now, all we get is a bunch of Jebaited Embers joining our Interception missions, dying, and ruining it for everyone.

Had a Titania say in chat, "wtf, I just got 1 shot."

How do you go through the game to the point of unlocking Arbs, and then also be the kind of person to play Titania, die in 1 shot, and then be surprised about it in chat???

I feel like I'm taking CRAZY pills!

Yeah , in a gamemode that the only "new" things is the punish for die you want that the same gamemode make you almost imposible to kill .... sound legit and has a lot of sense ..... Learn to play .

So make Arbitrations even easier...?

If people are dying easily in Arbitrations not due to boredom-induces lapses in conciseness then they should reevaluate their builds or be more wary of getting near Heavy Gunners, Scorpions, and Ancients.

Personally I'd rather get Elite Arbitrations with resource/credit/affinity buffs tied to weapon/frames instead.

I would say Arbitrations being "too difficult" is not their main problem, the drops are. I went into infested excavation, done like 16 excavators, literally every drop was either endo or a sculpture. If i wanted additional endo, i'd just go farm that...

That being said, i would like arbitration drones changed, so that instead of being invulnerable to warframe powers, they take at least 70% less dmg from them. Would also be nice, if Nyx-controlled mobs would be able to kill the drones...Honestly, i feel like there are a lot of things that can be done to improve player experience in Arbitrations: increased mob spawn in survivals, excavators not being one shot by everything, etc.

Edited by --RV--Draconian

4 minutes ago, --RV--Draconian said:

If i wanted additional endo, i'd just go farm that...

Then why did you queue for Arbitration? It's the endo farm just like Index is the credit farm. Sure you can get a few specific mods from the Index, or Arbitration, or some cosmetics like the John Prodman poster, but it's primary function is endo farm.

4 минуты назад, Erytroxylin сказал:

Then why did you queue for Arbitration? It's the endo farm just like Index is the credit farm. Sure you can get a few specific mods from the Index, or Arbitration, or some cosmetics like the John Prodman poster, but it's primary function is endo farm. 

Because Arbitrations were being promoted as hard missions aka endgame. And for hard missions, you expect relevant rewards, which endo is not.

And for endo, Grineer Arena exists, which is precisely like Index, but with endo rewards.

Edited by --RV--Draconian

2 minutes ago, --RV--Draconian said:

And for hard missions, you expect relevant rewards, which endo is not. 

What would be a relevant reward? Kuva? That would really step on the toes of the missions whose sole purpose is for Kuva, and completely invalidate the existence of Kuva survival, or be such a low value that it is basically a troll reward. IMO, Kuva is out. The same goes for prime parts in relation to fissures, Arcanes in relation to Eidolons(And soon to be whatever the spider on Fortuna is) etc.

We could have a low chance at say a Riven mod, there would be pros and cons to that. Like the above, it would somewhat invalidate the existence of Sorties. In addition it would flood the market with Riven mods, dramatically increasing supply and thus lowering prices. Some would call that a con, I would call it beneficial. Rivens are out of line with the rest of the economy anyway. I'd support something like this being added to the drop table, but I don't think DE will do it. The economic impact would be unpredictable.

There is also a case for reactors/catalysts/exilus adapter BPs, since currently there isn't a way of farming though really. But do we really need to be able to farm large quantities of those? I don't think so. I think we end up with more of those than we need over time anyway.

That really leaves Endo as the only resource we didn't have a dedicated farm location for that we actually need. I don't count Vodyanoi. That place's primary purpose is for the Sedna Boss, and you have to minmax specific builds to get it's endo farm up to an appreciable level, while Arbitrations are consistent by default delivering on average around 100-150 per minute(survival). The endo is not a bad reward and pretty much nothing anyone says can convince me it is. There are plenty of mods out there that need 40k endo to rank up. If you are already done with all of those, then you can still make duplicates to sell for plat.

2 минуты назад, Erytroxylin сказал:

The endo is not a bad reward and pretty much nothing anyone says can convince me it is.

If you think you're right and no argument can be made to convince you otherwise, i see no point in continuing the conversation.

But just to correct you a little bit - Grineer Arena nets you between 400 and 1400 endo per 3 minutes, tops. This is achieved simply by having two nekros with literally any build, and slash-heavy weapons. There are ways of going beyond that, adding more utility, etc, but this is the baseline. Even if on average you get 600 endo per mission, this is already better than Arbitrations. And to say you need specific setups for Rathuum, but you can just go in with whatever into Arbitrations is just ridiculous.

The problem with Arbitiration is not the 0 revive. Its the mechanics.
1 arbiters that makes everyone it link immune? meh..
Multiple different of arbiters with different ablities. Yes please.

Ive done enough arbitiration to know that soloing it sucks and if the host died and leave theres a chance that my game will stuck/crash in a loading screen. Rewards is not the problem as the can be changed/added later on, the gameplay/challenge for us to get the reward is the problem. I had this idea that reward the endo based on player performance but that required DE to remake the whole game engine. 10 rounds/minute per reward sucks, I rather have 500 enemies come to me at once per round to defend that guy for 1 reward than waiting for 10 transaction between round for 1 meh reward.
Also DE, please add 2 warframe/weapon at a time for the bonus strength/damage.

If they die, maybe they learn something and try to become better. Thats part of the learning curve.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb trst:

If people are dying easily in Arbitrations [...] then they should reevaluate their builds or be more wary of getting near Heavy Gunners, Scorpions, and Ancients.

+1 to this

I am not the only one to say that you can literally take any frame you want and be succesful in there (i take whatever frame has the buff mostly because im just curious what it does to the frame^^). If you play like you are in a Lith-Extermination with lvl 15 enemies... yes you gonna die fast.

Im gonna give you 1 example that amused me and made me sad at the same time:

McGamercz, a pretty popular Warframe Youtuber, talked about this gamemode aswell. Let me say this upfront, i kinda like that guy and when i was a new player he was helpful for me, but recently, seeing his way of playing the game simply induces headaches for me. He takes Rhino or Inaros all the time (i met him randomly in a Arbitration Defense recently, he was Inaros ofc) and he tells his community that "you have to use one of this 2 frames if you wanna survive". And this is what freaks me out, he got so bad at the game because he always played Inaros or Rhino and felt unkillable. Yes, if you play as braindead as he does, you need one of those 2 frames to survive, but you can survive with other frames if you play different.

Just watch his gameplays, and you will understand why i wanna smash my head on the table seeing it, it really hurts (the gameplay, not the smashing).

All he does is run forward towards any enemy he sees while constantly shmashing the E-Button. Even if no enemies are around, he hammers E the whole time until he reaches the next enemy to continue doing that. He doesnt care what enemies he could be facing, where they are, how strong they are, anything. It doesnt matter if there are 50 enemies next to him or 0 enemies, the way he moves will look completly the same. And if you play like this, yes you gonna die really quick if you dont take Inaros or Rhino, but its not the games fault.

I completely disagree. The only thing that makes arbitrations interesting is the fact that you feel vulnerable. Any type of damage reduction buff would make them meaningless.

I agree that that buffs are also pretty meaningless though. Never felt a significant difference with that 300%(eventhough it looks significant on paper). They could add more variety of buffs(like range, duration, efficiency, magazine size, reach) to keep things more interesting. But the main purpose the buffs serve is to give people the incentive to play different frames and weapons(I gave a shot to frames and weapons I usually don't use because of that). And they succeed in doing that imo. 

Edited by White_Matter

On 2018-11-06 at 4:04 AM, Tricky5hift said:

The whole point of Elite Alerts is to be challenging and you want to give all frames 90% damage reduction...

Not to mention there's a mod that already gives you 90% damage reduction called Adaptation which just so happens to drop from these alerts.

I didn't say "give every frame 90% damage reduction". It's not like every frame currently has +300% Strength, right? How on earth is that how you plugged in what I said?

My reason for saying that is because Arbitrations are very polarizing in terms of frame viability. And - spoiler - it's not because of Ability Strength. Give some Ember any amount of damage you want. The bottom line is, eventually something will hit her.

90% damage reduction is a "good minimum threshold" I personally use for this video game. If you have some half-assed damage reduction like a Trinity's 75% ultimate, I find you can still die VERY quickly to a lot of this game's content. Sometimes even instantly. So you can sit there and... act however you wanna act, but that's my piece on it. (Which I felt was obvious from my OP, but I guess I was being selfish in assuming English was everyone's first language. I understand that it is not.)

As for Adaptation, that mod does not read: "Reduces damage by 90%."

Adaptation, instead, and at max rank, says: "Reduces damage by 10%, stacking 9 times."

I want you to think about who this benefits.

If you think a Titania is gonna be flying around with 90% damage reduction because they use Adaptation, you got another thing comin'.

Adaptation helps out tanky frames the most - because those are the only frames that even get to reap its benefits. Although it's BEST on frames that are that "midway tanky" range, like say Nidus or Inaros who just need something a little more than their ~750 armor, even the tankiest of frames like Chroma can be surprised, which Adaptation covers. But a frame like, what? Nova? Banshee? We don't even see Saryns in Arbitrations. Can you guess why??? They have access to Adaptation, after all! Surely, every Warframe is viable now, right? In fact, you basically say so with your post, when you imply 90% damage reduction on all frames would make the game mode easy, and then in your very next sentence you talk about Adaptation.

So, what's up? How come we don't see literally every frame in Arb? How come we still, still, only see the same few frames?