Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DoJo Upgrade Suggestion

sniper0269

So I had this passing thought about the Dojo.  It would be great if the Dojo had a resource pool for the members to deposit and withdraw from.  This would allow junior members to withdraw the resources they need and for all members to store resources they don't need.  This would allow the Dojo to have like a resource bank and really empower Clans to grow. Thoughts?

Dunno.

I think part of the motivation in Warframe is farming for ressources, even if its tedious sometimes.

But i remember that when i started out, it was a motivation for me to get to certain planets because once you get a blueprint for something that needs ressources you cant get yet you think "ok, i gotta complete this junction, do those tasks and reach that planet so i can get those ressources i need to build this weapon/frame". And you feel like you accomplished something when you reach that planet, gather those ressources and finally craft the desired item.

Lets be real, in a clan pool there would be enough ressources from everything (except polymer and plastids maybe) and new players would never have to care about anything. "I need this? Just go to the dojo and take as much as i need". I dont think that feels rewarding at all even if it would be nice sometimes.

Or, add the option to build defenses and turrets and for members to "deploy" their frames all with a capacity like decorations, other players can invade the dojo, trying to find and destroy the ascension altar, if they succeed, they get a resource, tradable for cosmetics/Kuva/Rivens...w/e. Add a scoreboard for attackers and defenders. The defenders lose nothing if the attackers succeed, but get the resource if the defense is successful. 5-10 minute time limit. Top 10 scorers get to build a monument, which slowly degrades into a rusted state over some time if they fall off the scoreboard.

This was really on topic, but regarding dojo upgrades this is always what comes up to my mind.

That, or choosing the planet(theme) the dojo is on along with adding NPCs and some ships flying by. Build it on Jupiter and get access to the skybox and the tile sets. Did someone say Bespin Cloud City?

On the original idea, I'll have to agree that:

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

new players would never have to care about anything. "I need this? Just go to the dojo and take as much as i need". I dont think that feels rewarding at all even if it would be nice sometimes. 

Edited by Ver1dian

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ver1dian:

Or, add the option to build defenses and turrets and for members to "deploy" their frames all with a capacity like decorations, other players can invade the dojo, trying to find and destroy the ascension altar, if they succeed, they get a resource, tradable for cosmetics/Kuva/Rivens...w/e. Add a scoreboard for attackers and defenders. The defenders lose nothing if the attackers succeed, but get the resource if the defense is successful. 5-10 minute time limit. Top 10 scorers get to build a monument, which slowly degrades into a rusted state over some time if they fall off the scoreboard

Not a good idea.Would take me less than 10 min to Hide my Altar out of bounds and destroy all out of bounds Transporter, Making it immune to 99.9% of the attacker.

Same with the Original idea, it would Remove the Motivation to Farm Things and farming is the Point of the game

Warframe is a grinding game. They want you to farm your resources yourself, which honestly outside of a couple rare specific ones, doesn't take that much. That's why resources aren't tradeable in this game. Clan members being able to withdraw them from the Treasury in the dojo would defeat the whole system purpose. A new player would just join, get everything handed to them and contradict the whole game in itself.