Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knell is gonna be awesome secondary weapon

Ecustom

As you guys know , the Fortuna update is coming on this week.

I was searching on an official fortuna description site, and I found a new specific set mod.

• Synth Charge - Pistol: +80% Bonus Damage on last shot in clip

:)

Be prepared for KNELL !!!!

Edited by Ecustom

32 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

But will it be 80% additive with other base damage mods?

or 80% multiplicative with total damage?

maybe total similar to charged chamber.

Edited by Ecustom

The 80% confuses me. On one hand DE has set a precedent with most mods and mechanics in game that everything is additive. So, on a secondary, +80% damage would only be a 36% increase in damage, which is not worth a mod slot at all (elemental will give you a lot more bang for your buck or, especially on Knell, fire rate). However, given that percentage is so low it makes me wonder if DE is being sneaky about it, sometimes DE makes out of touch mods, but this seems too out of touch.

This could either be just okay (but pretty good on Knell) or a complete waste of time. I am definitely curious to see where it lands.

Edit:

6 hours ago, Ecustom said:

maybe total similar to charged chamber.

You're on to something there, it might very likely be multiplicative.

Edited by DrBorris

8 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Probably only works for that one shot and not the buff if you manage to land that headshot . 

I doubt that personally, mechanically if you land that headshot then every shot becomes the last shot in the clip, it just depends on when the buff runs out.

That assumes that the clip isn't actually converted into ∞ in the code, in which case yeah, it probably wouldn't work.

Will be interesting to see how this works with the Dual Toxocyst, I might look into a - Mag Capacity riven for it, although I suspect I couldn't get it down to 1 shot.

37 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So, on a secondary, +80% damage would only be a 36% increase in damage, which is not worth a mod slot at all (elemental will give you a lot more bang for your buck or, especially on Knell, fire rate). However, given that percentage is so low it makes me wonder if DE is being sneaky about it, sometimes DE makes out of touch mods, but this seems too out of touch.

Or it works just like the other set damage mod what gives +90% damage.

That too is low as hell and works like the regular damage mods.