Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not do this for Ash

(PSN)kingbrown2012

Because it would trivialize too many situations, and wouldn't fit his theme. Ash is supposed to be an assassin/ninja Frame. Teleporting to an enemy to assassinate them is fitting. Being able to blink-dash is not. And considering Loki can already ignore dangerous combat zones, environmental hazards, and 90% of spy puzzles by simply teleporting past them with Switch Teleport and Decoy, I shudder to think what allowing Ash to have a no-restrictions Teleport would wrought on this already tenuously-balanced game.

Ash's 4th is still pretty good, but I still use teleport with augment to take down the heavy guys for its faster and more reliable means of killing and does not require a full strength build to be effective.  Currently running maxed efficiency and 60% power strength, strong enough that blade storm kills the trash while teleporting to instant kill the heavies.  (Keep in mind this is what I use in lvl 40 starting lvl survival/deff for 1hr runs).   As it is, teleport can be made pretty cheap, even cheaper with augment for combat use.  With all things considered Ash does not need any adjustments at this time.

3 hours ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

I just ask that ash’s teleport ability to be free not requiring enemies or anything with a health bar. It also should keep the enemy mechanics in the game too

I would love that. It's a commonly requested feature for a long time for Ash. I've seen suggestions that were nice about having the Shurikens stick to the environment and be used as a way point for Teleport. I suppose they could have Shuriken have a hold-fire mode that sends a non-targeting shuriken to where you aim then Teleport to that. 

1 hour ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

And considering Loki can already ignore dangerous combat zones, environmental hazards, and 90% of spy puzzles by simply teleporting past them with Switch Teleport and Decoy, I shudder to think what allowing Ash to have a no-restrictions Teleport would wrought on this already tenuously-balanced game.

I fail to see the point here. After players complete The War Within quest all players unlock a mechanic that allow them to move completely invisible and invulnerable whenever they want, even through enemies completely undetected. The same mechanic also allows them to rapidly Blink in the direction they aim at will. How would Ash gaining a little free aim teleport capability that costs energy ruin our tenuous balance any further?

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

-snip-

Obvious vulnerabilities about switching to Operator mode aside, Void Dash still sets off tripwire alarms and can alert enemies you run into with it. That said, your point about dashing through combat unharmed does stand.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb EmissaryOfInfinity:

Because it would trivialize too many situations, and wouldn't fit his theme.

Debatable. To kill a target you have to reach it first, that's why many assassins in all kinda games have some kinda dimensional move... ryu from tenchu or corvo from dishonored would be good examples for that.

It wouldn't go against his theme in any way and just what is it you would trivialize? Those spy mission you can essencially speedrun with a volt after a while?...

Not trivializing allready trivial content sure sounds like a good reason to keep an assassin in a state where he feels clunky.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Clunky?

Not sure about that, use him alot and if anything he is smoother playing now then he has ever been with one exception, setting multiple marks on targets.  Full power strength build also not required if you use augments and dagger, allowing for use of all abilities not just blade storm.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Soulcharger:

Clunky?

Not sure about that, use him alot and if anything he is smoother playing now then he has ever been with one exception, setting multiple marks on targets.  Full power strength build also not required if you use augments and dagger, allowing for use of all abilities not just blade storm.

Yeah, clunky. Don't get me wrong, he is smooth af and while Bladestorm could target more enemies at once (if it's only like 3, optional to that multimark mechanic it has now...it could even get a small reticicle to make it easier for us console folks) but bottom line, it gets the job done... no matter if you swipe past groups, mark them as you pass or aim at them from a distance.

Teleport is a different story though. It's the only ability in his kit that forces you to aim at enemies, that breaks the flow if you wanna get closer to anything past close/mid range... or is there anyone among us who never had to spam the button just to get somewhere?

Might as well be something that doesn't break his flow... i mean straight up no-aim teleports are one thing but what if we go a step further? Make it end in a smoke screen that opens to finishers? Make you auto-finish/bladestorm all enemies in range using his clones with the augument equipped? (Would make more sense for its synergy with bladestorm too). That's much requested for smokebomb and Bladestorm and may just find its place on teleport.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Totaly forgot the guy I was replying to was on consol.  On pc he is much easier to play especially if you have mouse sensitivity hot key so you can spin 360* with blade storm in a 1/10 of a sec. Leaving you time while spining through the air to draw dread bow and fire in one smooth action.

On 2018-11-06 at 6:58 AM, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Because it would trivialize too many situations, and wouldn't fit his theme. Ash is supposed to be an assassin/ninja Frame. Teleporting to an enemy to assassinate them is fitting. Being able to blink-dash is not. And considering Loki can already ignore dangerous combat zones, environmental hazards, and 90% of spy puzzles by simply teleporting past them with Switch Teleport and Decoy, I shudder to think what allowing Ash to have a no-restrictions Teleport would wrought on this already tenuously-balanced game.

We also have tenno that already teleport anywhere even if it has little precision. 

• 4 weeks later...
En 7/11/2018 a las 1:37, (PS4)CoolD2108 dijo:

Yeah, clunky. Don't get me wrong, he is smooth af and while Bladestorm could target more enemies at once (if it's only like 3, optional to that multimark mechanic it has now...it could even get a small reticicle to make it easier for us console folks) but bottom line, it gets the job done... no matter if you swipe past groups, mark them as you pass or aim at them from a distance.

Teleport is a different story though. It's the only ability in his kit that forces you to aim at enemies, that breaks the flow if you wanna get closer to anything past close/mid range... or is there anyone among us who never had to spam the button just to get somewhere?

Might as well be something that doesn't break his flow... i mean straight up no-aim teleports are one thing but what if we go a step further? Make it end in a smoke screen that opens to finishers? Make you auto-finish/bladestorm all enemies in range using his clones with the augument equipped? (Would make more sense for its synergy with bladestorm too). That's much requested for smokebomb and Bladestorm and may just find its place on teleport.

How about making Blade Storm a supermode with the wristblades that makes Finisher attacks spawn clones to do finisher on surrounding enemies, AND replaces Shuriken's 2 projectiles with 2 randomly assigned marks within LoS that are instantly spent on clones? I mean on top of the idea you give of a no-aim teleport. Also add an actual CC lingering smoke cloud to smoke screen (TP's one would just be the stagger). It would make the Wristblades relevant to the character, provide synergy and reduce overlap.

So make Fatal Teleport an empty mod? No thanks. If they want to do anything to Teleport it should be make Fatal Teleport's effect innate (at least the attack part) and then change Fatal Teleport so it deals lethal damage like Covert Lethality so Ash can always one shot things with it regardless of weapon.

Edited by Mifune013

I really am not following why Ash is center of soo much conversation for changes, and fixes, and rebuilds.  Really he is a very well built frame.  Yes not a party frame, but you want something really tough dead fast, Ash can make that happen.  Stealth, godly single target dps, not a bad 4th but is hardly used now that I have full built ignis wraith with riven.  In comparison I can think of a couple frames that need alot more love then him.

Also my most hours played frame is Ash, second is Oberon, 3rd Nidus.  So no I am not just somone that built 1 ash played him to rank 30 and wanting him overhauled with little to no experience with him.

On 2018-11-06 at 5:15 AM, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

just ask that ash’s teleport ability to be free not requiring enemies or anything with a health bar. It also should keep the enemy mechanics in the game too

Kinda redundant with emo void dash.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

7 hours ago, Soulvengeance said:
7 hours ago, Soulvengeance said:

Stealth, godly single target dps, not a bad 4th but is hardly used now that I have full built ignis wraith with riven.  In comparison I can think of a couple frames that need alot more love then him.

I leave 4 on and trigger it when I have a reload or weapon swap coming up, or gulp some coffee. It’s still fun to run (not slowed by shooting) by mobs streaming by in a hall way and press kill as you torch the goons in the next room.

It has its place and yes Ash is in a great spot. He doesn’t need a rework.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

12 hours ago, Soulvengeance said:

not a bad 4th but is hardly used now that I have full built ignis wraith with riven.

The issue with Blade Storm is how hard it is to use compare to just "use Teleport and Ignis everything". Hopefully they'll realize that some of the things they gave Garuda should be on Ash. Namely having a circle target system, rather than whatever the cross hairs pass over, and an innate weapon (there are so many things reliant on him having a melee weapon that he should just have an innate dagger or dual daggers, especially considering he already has daggers on his arms).