is the sniptron(and the vandal version) worth it?

(XBOX)VeryPoet8776145

Question

7 answers to this question

All snipers are good, but for slightly different reasons. Sniptron Vandal (Which is the version I suggest getting) has 3m punchthrough on every shot, which is 2m more than any of the other normal snipers, and only 2m less than a fully charged shot from the Lanka. It's also got solid crit stats, and deals mostly puncture instead of impact, which is actually fairly rare among snipers and helps is out a bit against grineer. (Even the vectis only does 45% puncture, the rest is impact) 

However, the snipetron's got somewhat lower status than other snipers, a worse combo counter, a rather noticeable recoil, and a sound that just seems like it belongs on a silenced weapon, so if those are things that might turn you off, well, there you go. My suggestion is to just try it out, and see if you like it. As I said at the start, all snipers are pretty good if you mod them correctly, and it's probably overall the best balanced weapon type that's out right now.

Personally, the Lanka and RubiP are leaps and bounds above all other snipers, with the VectisP at least managing to stay in the same time zone (barely). Reason being, neither the Lanka or RubiP need a riven to get reliable cold crits, which is the biggest "requirement" to being a sniper rifle worth a damn.

Sniptetron original is a piece of garbage. It's less atrociously bad than it was prior to the weapon rebalance, but it's still really bad. I personally had only kept mine because it was "limited edition" from all the way back to the Grineer Informer event in u8-9 ish (I wasn't playing when it was in the store originally). After they re-released its bp in Plague Star, I happily reclaimed the inventory slot it was occupying.

Snidal however is.... well, it's bad like all snipers that aren't the Lanka or RubiP are bad: it's more reliant on RNG than your own skill with the weapon. I do still have mine.... but it's largely also due to nostalgia since mine's an original from the Informer event. Maybe I should look for a riven for her. Only needs +108% ish crit to bag guaranteed, pretty sure a dispo-4 can net that easily, and riven.market has a bunch of fixer-uppers for sub-100p

Edited by Eirshy

I love the Snipetron Vandal for generic mission running. It's a fun gun and worth getting if you like snipers.

Is it the best sniper? No. It's actually near the bottom of the tier lol. And Snipetron itself is basically mastery fodder. 

But, it's a perfectly viable weapon in all content and you can get a riven for it dirt cheap. So the choice really comes down to whether you like it or not. I like the Vandal aesthetics so I still break it out from time to time, and it's my go to die sniper only sorties.

For Eidolons though, leave it home. An unrivened Lanka is better for that.

As a standalone sniper? Its fine.

In comparison to other snipers? its probably the worst so far.

There is nothing that makes it unique (other than the punch through) , if it had a decent gimmick or a good augment it would be considered good , but unfortunately it doesn't.

Snipetron normal is not worth it at all.

Snipetron Vandal is ok if you can get a Riven for it. The disposition is high enough to make it a good weapon, although it still loses out compared to the other snipers.

Even Vulkar at least has the dead aim mod.