Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stolen Grind

Vox-Lunaris

Giving free things ( and not just any free things ) is unfair to people that farmed/payed for them.
If DE wants to give new things, why not make new things specific to twitch?
Vectis prime, Trinity prime, Fang prime, Soma prime, Scindo prime, Frost prime, and now they're going to give Khora and Nidus.

If you buy those or grind them, isn't your money or time considered wasted?

If I have them, why should I care? I got them already, put time into them, and did, or did not enjoy them. Having someone else get it for free effects me in no way except having terrible players of those frames for awhile. eg, when Frost prime was first released and there were just bubbles everywhere...

2 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

If DE wants to give new things, why not make new things specific to twitch?

Because then one of two things will happen.

Either it'll be good stuff and people will feel forced to get Twitch prime for completion,

It won't be good stuff and it won't bring in customers for DE.

Neither outcome is particularly good.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Akram-The-Reaper-Panda:

Giving free things ( and not just any free things ) is unfair to people that farmed/payed for them.

You had those things first.

You don't loose the times when you used them and you don't loose the progress you achieved with those things.

You keep everything, thus this is not unfair and your progress IS NOT STOLEN.

#entitlement

Edited by Walkampf

il y a 3 minutes, PoisonHD a dit :

If I have them, why should I care? I got them already, put time into them, and did, or did not enjoy them. Having someone else get it for free effects me in no way except having terrible players of those frames for awhile. eg, when Frost prime was first released and there were just bubbles everywhere...

It affects the price, it affects the unique value of those items, if fashionframe is considered endgame, then being unique is endgame in warframe.

And i already wrote in my post, that it means your time and money were wasted. 

il y a 1 minute, Walkampf a dit :

You had those things first.

You don't loose the times when you used them and you don't loose the progress you achieved with those things.

You keep everything, thus this is not unfair and your progress IS NOT STOLEN.

#entitlement

We're not talking about the progress after you get them, but the effort to obtain them. Or do you want to give the progress too? It is still wasted effort for many. Having them earlier doesn't compensate for the grind against getting them for free.

#WhenYouCanNotSayItSoYouUseHashTags

people getting it for free doesnt affect me already having it ...

They are still going to have to put time forma effort in to get it to the same point as mine is...

If you dont have twitch prime then you still going to have  grind for them anyway ...

Edited by zNightWolfz

5 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

We're not talking about the progress after you get them, but the effort to obtain them.

"I got lucky with Maiming Strike in the first week I played this game and bought Nidus." 

Is this effort? Is it fair?

to be noted: This is just an example. I gladly take another Nidus/Khora. You cannot have enough Loadouts to test with

If I already have items that will be droped through Twitch: 

Yay, More slots for me or Yay, I don't need to tune in = saved time/plat.

OP, It's not like you would have been able to earn some plat from selling Nidus and Khora to others, after a while, weapons and frames will cost the same amount as prior to them being available. Besides, you also need mods and forma to make the stuff work.

Edited by Cephalon_9.52

26 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

Nah

I had fun (for the most part) grinding things out and I see no reason to be heckin' salty about what DE decides to add to their Twitchdrops prize pools. 

27 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

there are still sometimes 

They are? Huh. Well, as long as there is an alternative way to get a new frame by good old grind, I do not care much. I think I would only laugh (hysterically) if it was Xiphos (farmed last part 2 weeks ago and it took a year and a half).

Still... If certain things are going to be used as a bribe... incentive... small gift to watch that "outstandingly interesting" process of someone else playing WF, maybe it is time to bump drop chances a little?

I bought/farmed for all of those items, Ash Prime set just ~3 weeks before it was announced they would give him as a Tennocon stream drop.

I'm not salty at the slightest. Plat is easy enough to obtain.

45 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

It affects the price, it affects the unique value of those items, if fashionframe is considered endgame, then being unique is endgame in warframe.

And i already wrote in my post, that it means your time and money were wasted. 

Ah, so you're one of those players that buys / farms stuff to trade for plat?

If thats one of your main activities in the game, you really need to reconsider why you're playing.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

54 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

If I had fun grinding then no, my time wasn't wasted just because someone got the same item from Twitch.
If I didn't have fun grinding then my time would have been wasted regardless of how others obtained the same item.
Idk about the money part since I've never bought Prime Access with real money (I would if they offered just the frame without all the plat and boosters) and I've never bought prime parts with plat.. then again if I buy something from a store and it is later on discount I don't think I wasted money since I got what I wanted or needed at the time.

Edited by Leyvonne
hopefully fixed typos

You have to work a full year to obtain 1 million (insert your country currency here). Then suddenly right at the end of the year, you know someone that gets 1 million (Your currency) from lottery or something like that. After that, you complaining and feeling disappointed that your effort, time, etc are stolen by that lucky person. Why? Why you must do that? 

You already have your money, probably already spent it anyway. (In this case, maybe you already forma those particular frames several times)

*Please tell me if I compared this thing the wrong way.