Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stolen Grind

Vox-Lunaris

I bought Khora and Nidus, both semi-recently as well. I didn't trade for the plat, I spent real, actual money to get these frames. I don't feel cheated or stolen from in any way. I mean I got Trinity Prime and Ash Prime for free(different occasions of course), it's a cycle that keeps on going. You can benefit from these offers just like anyone else, one offer giving away what you do have doesn't mean the next can't give you something you don't have.

It's still not free either way, as others have said. At the very least, it's not supposed to be free.

OP next time it might be you that gets something from a promotional givaway. 

Also Twitch Prime isnt free, it is free.

And with Khora and Nidus, you can also get them in order to get a free frame slot. Same deal with the Twitch Prime related thing, if you already have those items you atleast get free frame and weapon slots.

I've ground my way to both Nidus and Khora, ground out/bought pieces for my Vectis Prime, Trinity Prime and Fang Prime. Trinity and Fang are currently collecting dust. I do not feel cheated one bit.

The very definition of steal means that someone takes an item from you. Your example is not accurate. If you have an item and another person obtains said item you still keep your item. They haven't stolen anything from you. The word you're looking for is jealousy. You are jealous they obtained the item without grinding while you had to grind to get it. I'm not sure why people care so much about what others have or what others think. It is entirely irrelevant to you and yours. It doesn't affect you one bit, so why do you care? 

Hey, discounts shouldnt be a thing cause while i payed full price for 1 thing with my hard working plat another person payed 25% for it, stolen plat!

Hey, i had to buy a deluxe skin but someone else got gifted one, stolen skin!

Hey, i farmed for a rare mod but baro brought it, stolen mod!

I guess thats enough examples.

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker

If this is the sort of thing that bothers you, avoiding online games (particularly free to play ones) is likely the way to go. At some point the game servers will stop and all your grind will be wasted. In order to promote them, and keep numbers up they will do discounted older rewards quite frequently.

In general the tech industry is like that, just around the corner there will be something less expensive/faster/better. Your paying or putting in the work to have it now and not later. 

3 hours ago, PerfectCrime said:

You have to work a full year to obtain 1 million (insert your country currency here). Then suddenly right at the end of the year, you know someone that gets 1 million (Your currency) from lottery or something like that. After that, you complaining and feeling disappointed that your effort, time, etc are stolen by that lucky person. Why? Why you must do that? 

You already have your money, probably already spent it anyway. (In this case, maybe you already forma those particular frames several times)

*Please tell me if I compared this thing the wrong way. 

You forgot to mention that the "you" in this scenario also won the lottery, giving you (in effect) 2 million of [insert currency here].

Welcome to life lol

There's always situations where some people get things easier than others, or benefit a little more.  Stop hating and take the goodies.  Not everything is or can be equal for everybody.  

I bought Nidus with a coupon and farmed Khora.  Should people be angry that I bought Nidus for less than they did because I got a coupon and they didn't?  I got Khora in like 6 runs to rot C.  Is that unfair to someone who got Khora in 40 runs?  

On a side note, was there some announcement that Khora and Nidus will be part of twitch prime drops?

Life ain't fair. I guess neither is WF.

People are constantly getting things in life for free, things that matter, while others have to struggle, sacrefice. or make do with out them. Everything from a drink of water to education to job opportunities.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

On a side note, was there some announcement that Khora and Nidus will be part of twitch prime drops?

https://www.warframe.com/fortuna/info

Near the bottom:

Spoiler

LIMITED-TIME TWITCH DROPS

Watch Warframe on Twitch when Fortuna launches to get free in-game items! Possible drops include the Nidus and Khora Warframes, a Rifle Riven Mod and more!

9 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

https://www.warframe.com/fortuna/info

Near the bottom:

Reveal hidden contents

LIMITED-TIME TWITCH DROPS

Watch Warframe on Twitch when Fortuna launches to get free in-game items! Possible drops include the Nidus and Khora Warframes, a Rifle Riven Mod and more!

Cool, thanks!  I stopped reading right above it at the Additional Updates so I missed it lol

Bloody hell, the way people talk is like Warframe is their job.  It’s not.  This is your leisure time.

if you got your vectis long ago and enjoyed playing with it, then there is no way you wasted your time because the ultimate goal of the game, any game, is to have fun.  If you’re not having fun, you’re not playing games correctly.

if someone else gets it for free, did you enjoy playing with it less?  Did you somehow have less fun months ago now that others have it?

I don't own khora but I think she is one of the frames that should never be given away simply because getting her is a pain, there are still people trying to get her and the ones that did hated every second of it so yeah it feels like DE is kinda giving everyone the finger. Same reply for Nidus plus he's a quest frame so you're promoting the idea that people just not play the quest. The Weapons well im not a fan but everyone will pull out the you already own it why do you care card, or it will help get knew players (who have no reference for what they're getting). 

For everyone saying "life is not fair" whenever faced with unjustice, You can roll over and let life kick you around. That's your choice. Don't tell others that they have to accept that too.

For everyone saying you lose nothing, like i said, wasted time and effort/money. Prime stuff and khora and nidus aren't that easy to get.

For everyone saying it does not affect you, it lowers the value of our items if we want to sell them. It lowers the uniqueness of what we have. If unique items didn't matter then fashionframe wouldn't matter and games like fortnite wouldn't get tons of money just from skins.

For everyone saying it's entitelement, yes, it is, and rightly so. If everyone can get an item then people should have the option to get something else if they already have it.

For everyone saying real life promotions and coupons in warframe, we know about that, we have them in steam sales all the time. But this is not giving a game for free, this is giving grinded items in a game. And we all get coupons.

For everyone giving insults and things like "get a life", "this is petty".... you can kindly fak off.

16 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I don't own khora but I think she is one of the frames that should never be given away simply because getting her is a pain, there are still people trying to get her and the ones that did hated every second of it so yeah it feels like DE is kinda giving everyone the finger. Same reply for Nidus plus he's a quest frame so you're promoting the idea that people just not play the quest. The Weapons well im not a fan but everyone will pull out the you already own it why do you care card, or it will help get knew players (who have no reference for what they're getting). 

yeah so you say that they should go throught the same suffering as the other doing ESO, just because "it's not fair". hey, tell me about a sadist answer.

"promoting the idea that people just not play the quest" ho, so everyone made the quest for nidus? nope. i did the quest for the LORE, and that's pretty much it. Nidus was a bonus.

second, the card of "you already own so why do you care" ... is pretty much right. you don't have your word to say, let the others have fun, it's none if your business. they will get new frames, will learn about it and learn how to play them, end of story.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

yeah so you say that they should go throught the same suffering as the other doing ESO, just because "it's not fair". hey, tell me about a sadist answer.

"promoting the idea that people just not play the quest" ho, so everyone made the quest for nidus? nope. i did the quest for the LORE, and that's pretty much it. Nidus was a bonus.

second, the card of "you already own so why do you care" ... is pretty much right. you don't have your word to say, let the others have fun, it's none if your business. they will get new frames, will learn about it and learn how to play them, end of story.

View it how you would like, ill praise alot of what DE does  making people feel like they wasted their time isn't one of them.

à l’instant, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

or you can make a meaningless rant post on a public forum. way to step up to the mark there.

This is warframe forums and a general discussion about the game in the general discussions part. The only meaningless thing here is your wannabe sarcastic comment.

3 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

View it how you would like, ill praise alot of what DE does  making people feel like they wasted their time isn't one of them.

except that they didn't made you lose time/money. looks, start from that : Every warframe/weapon can go to this, being given for free. now you're warned. you know it. it's up to you if you want to "WASTE" your money, and time, on something that eventually will be free.

up to you. but now you don't have any excuses.

So, as a Closed Beta participant. Muh Vandals.

Joke aside, there is nothing exclusive about these items. DE made no promises in any way shape or form that they would not give away frames and weapons. (besides the prime pack exclusives and Founder primes)

You also lose nothing by other people owning them. I purchased Nidus when he was released, I mained him and enjoyed every moment of it, am I upset? Nope.

Edited by Aoden