K-Drive scrawl decal foreshadowing new peculiar mod?

evilChair

Highly improbable. Steve mentioned in one of the Devstreams prior to Peculiar mod release that they were going to be less "silly and cartoony" and more like works by Salvaor Dali, namely very surreal and fever dreamish.
RIP Crewman Birthday party. We'll always have Grunt birthday party. 
\o/ "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

4 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Highly improbable. Steve mentioned in one of the Devstreams prior to Peculiar mod release that they were going to be less "silly and cartoony" and more like works by Salvaor Dali, namely very surreal and fever dreamish.

Eh, I'd prefer absolutely ridiculous over fever dream-esque myself.

If people really don't want to see it just allow them to turn Peculiar effects off.

Give me the most ludicrous stuff imaginable. Killing an enemy with Blast Damage causes them to display a huge "BOOM" decal, make it so every Headshot sounds like a clown horn, etc.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Eh, I'd prefer absolutely ridiculous over fever dream-esque myself.

If people really don't want to see it just allow them to turn Peculiar effects off.

Give me the most ludicrous stuff imaginable. Killing an enemy with Blast Damage causes them to display a huge "BOOM" decal, make it so every Headshot sounds like a clown horn, etc.

im with you on this one. make peculiar mods super over the top, but have the mod be very hard to obtain.

both of the current peculiar mods are barely noticeable, which imo makes them completely useless since the whole point of them is to be funny.

6 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

I'm sorry but have you not seen the peculiar mod where it caused certain body parts to grow in size?
Don't know that you really know what you're talking about :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, Azlen said:

I'm sorry but have you not seen the peculiar mod where it caused certain body parts to grow in size?
Don't know that you really know what you're talking about :crylaugh:

Evidently unlike you, I actually bother to watch Devstreams and keep tabs on the stream of info from DE. If you're going to attempt to call me out for not knowing what I'm talking about, at least be bothered to go do some of your own digging to prove me wrong. Burden of Proof, boooiiii.

This mentions a leaked video of an exclusive panel with the team talking about what would become Peculiar Mods, and if I remember correctly, this is the video where Steve explains what he does and does not want Peculiars to be, for largely immersion related reasons.
Devstream 109 may also worth looking into as that is the stream where they publicly released the idea.
Cheers.

7 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

what he does and does not want Peculiars to be, for largely immersion related reasons.

what's so unrealistic and "immersion-breaking" about "turns enemies into confetti" given that peculiar mods were made by an empire of misanthropic, unhinged and manipulative sadists?