Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IPS and ELEMENTAL combos

(PSN)DorkWizard

Propose changes on IPS and Elemental damages

So here's what I think, first remove all slash damage on rifles and secondaries except for thrown weapons like kunais, bows and miter/panthera.

Change how IPS and elemental works. Make IPS the primary source of damage, make the elemental complement the 3 main damage types.

Impact - when procc'ed the target will get a bit of a knockback effect, and shatter x% of the armor/shield.

Puncture - when procc'ed will create a weakspot like banshee's sonar for x duration. Burst weapon will greatly benefit from this.

Slash - stays the same and will be limited to thrown weapons and melee weapons.

As for elementals;

Blast - prolly one of the least desired elemental combo because of it's ineffectiveness against armored enemies (grineer). I'd suggest buffing it by ignoring enemy armor by x%.

Corrosive - when procc'ed -30% on enemy attacks and will reduce enemy armor by 8%/sec for 5 secs for a total of 40% armor reduction permanently.  Armor reduction can be procc'ed multiple times on a single enemy. Corrosive should stack with one another and will have a counter i.e., 2 corrosive stacks will reduce enemy armor by 16% per second.            

It's still a WIP. Let me hear your thoughts fellow tennos!

edited sorry for the confusion.

Edited by (PS4)DorkWizard

I feel like Corrosive is already is a solid place. Blast damage and Magnetic damage are the real guys who need some help. Your idea for Blast damage is certainly an interesting approach!

What I do not agree with is Impact and Slash's changes- there are quite a few primaries that rely on Slash damage as their primary aspect; The Kohm, the Tigris, the Nagantaka, Dread, etc. It needs to remain available to all weapons. For Impact, while that would be an exceptional change, I feel like it infringes a bit too closely on Corrosive's territory.

TO conclude though, your idea for Puncture is one that the community have requested for a while and I feel would be quite useful!

Personally imo, Slash should remain a primary source of damage, from a rational point of view of course. If a bullet shatters it can be considered shrapnel or flak ... which in turn "slashes" and causes bleeding ... practical.

Having elemental damage compliment the IPS is an interesting concept, but having debuffs be "permanent" in my eyes is a little too strong, but i like the seedling of elemental damage complimenting the IPS in different ways.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)DorkWizard said:

Slash - stays the same and will be limited to thrown weapons and melee weapons.

This is and forever will be a massive red flag for anything the players suggest. It is simply not reasonable to change everything else to just be as irrelevant as they are now, if Slash does not get reduced effectiveness.

16 hours ago, Errodin said:

Personally imo, Slash should remain a primary source of damage, from a rational point of view of course. If a bullet shatters it can be considered shrapnel or flak ... which in turn "slashes" and causes bleeding ... practical.

Having elemental damage compliment the IPS is an interesting concept, but having debuffs be "permanent" in my eyes is a little too strong, but i like the seedling of elemental damage complimenting the IPS in different ways.

Actually corrosive decreases armor by -25% per tick permanently.