Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How the heck do people reach the daily focus cap?

ModernGreg

Question

I see people posting videos on YouTube and messages in the forum where they easily farm 20,000 focus per Orb. That's about as much as I can get after an entire MISSION an Adaro, even when using sleep Ivara or Equinox and a powerful polearm with primed reach AND having Naramon's affinity spike maxed. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? I just don't get it, I've never managed to even remotely reach my daily focus limit.

18 answers to this question

Affinity booster helps tons to begin with.

Next to that its all about planning, speed, and efficiency.

There are two main methods when stealth farming

1. Going as fast as possible with Banshee. Here you sacrifice -per run- points for more missions and when done really well will generally be the faster of the two.
2. Using sleep Ivara or spider Equinox you IGNORE mobs who are in big clusters while scouting then go on a murder spree once you get a orb and backtrack to all the clusters you skipped.

All in all its about mastery of either method.

If those are not for you you can always look into the other focus farming methods like Tridolons, heavy affinity farms in a group, or ESO.

I rarely farm focus these days (I have what I want). I used to run Ivara, then Equinox, then the banshee method. These days I run ESO though if I'm in the mood.

Edited by Airwolfen

Like said: Equinox/Banshee/Ivara on Adaro or any high Level Grineer Mission or ESO

Pick one;

xxefMZ3.jpg

6T60NTL.jpg

LobT5j8.jpg

16 minutes ago, ModernGreg said:

in the forum where they easily farm 20,000 focus per Orb.

It is indeed easy

z1hyB9y.jpg

17 minutes ago, ModernGreg said:

That's about as much as I can get after an entire MISSION an Adaro, even when using sleep Ivara or Equinox and a powerful polearm with primed reach AND having Naramon's affinity spike maxed. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

What are your builds? How do you play? (Playstyle)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

First, you need Naramon's affinity spike. Then you pick one of the Warframes mentioned above.

I usually do with Banshee with Savage Silence. You don't want too much range on your build, because the enemies are stunned for a short duration and if you have too much range, you affect them before you can even get close to them. 

HOW? ;-;

That is absolutely insane

You can also go Saryn for that. She is pretty insane at wiping out the map. 

One thing that also has huge impact on your focus gains is what type of lens you use. Using for example (regular) Vazarin lens versus Eidolon Vazarin lens makes huge difference, that is compounded even more if you are using regular lens on both frame and weapon. At the very least you should get Greater lenses on your farming gear.

it's 50/50 experience and luck in Stealth Exterminate.

luck for Enemies Spawning close to each other, experience for being able to herd them a bit closer together but also know when to stop waiting and just get it done and play it again. mix that with luck of where the Focus Crystal Spawns, and experience of being able to Kill everything within a couple hundred Meters before the Timer runs out.
not breaking the Stealth Multiplier is the #1 goal you have for the Mission, and getting all of your Kills with that Multiplier (at max preferably) is what gets you your Focus.

Stealth Exterminate is also easier as a duo - one Player to Sleep everything and the other to do the Killing and get the XP. makes the Missions faster and can help with juggling the Focus Crystal and the Enemy Spawns.

Edited by taiiat

I am using a savage silence Banshee with a primed reach guandao and Naramon's Affinity Spike maxed out and I still only manage to get around 25k per Adaro Run, which some people are able to get with a booster. I still don't get what I'm doing wrong.

The only thing left is what kind of lenses you are using.  Normal, greater, or eidolon?  Banshee I think really works better with a whip.  If you don't have Scoliac, maybe a Secura Lecta or something.  There's also a specific range you have to have on Banshee.  I have 124% range.  Stretch + Narrow Minded r5.  Part of the silence trick is there's an intial stun that happens so you want to be hitting enemies during that point.  Too much range and it might yield results like you are reporting or too little maybe.  I had found a video quite some time ago that explained this so that's how I found all this.  I had similar trouble til I fixed my mod setup.  Hope it helps and you get things all figured out.

Bringing an Smeeta Kavat also helps from time to time. I've managed to get 250k  focus in a single run with a good streak of charm procs. Experience also helps a lot.

At first, I would get 60k in a single run. After doing runs everyday, I could get 120k focus (both with booster) in a single run, and would farm focus when there was 20min left for the daily reset.

I'm not about the fastest for focus, but I do try to get my cap each daily just because I want my waybounds on Maduari and Zenurik then be done with focus.

I have 3 frames. Octavia, Saryn Prime and Volt Prime all with different focus schools. I have no issues hitting 200k focus in a run of ESO with Volt and Saryn. Octavia I just get it passively in fissures with 5-10k or so with each orb, more if I have my Smeeta and a charm procs at the right time. 

I don't take screenshots often anymore, but this is the last screenshot I do have from a focus run. This was probably a couple months ago, don't really remember exactly. Got burnt out on ESO runs and stopped for a while. Just now getting back into it with new builds.

Q6bM7To.jpg

Saryn and one melee weapon both with eidolon lens plus smeetha charm proc usually reward me with 80k-160k depend of zone. my Max focus per zone was 210k, double smeetha charm proc.

My ranking of frame for focus on ESO is:

1. saryn - around 30k to 60k per zone. with smeetha charm proc double

2. volt - around 30k to 60k per zone. with smeetha charm proc double

3. equinox - around 15k to 35k per zone. with smeetha charm proc double

4. mesa - around 10k to 20k per zone. with smeetha charm proc double

5. octavia - around 10k to 25k per zone. with smeetha charm proc double

Affinity booster, eidolon lens on frame and 1 weapon recommended. If you want to increase the amount of focus use naramon Affinity Spike for 45% moar grofit with melee kill. 

Edited by xcenic

Yeah, go as @Brandt1 says.

Saryn P is the poor mans choice of focus farm and works fantastically well both solo or in groups in ESO (i changed her lens four times by now after finish 3 entire schools without almost no effort). If is a mindless grind, do it efficiently. You don't need good lens, group, only a solid build and a zaw (there are some tutorial out there, but don't trust much on ignis to do the job solo, go melee or you'll die fairly quick at first). A good dokrahm zaw (tempo royale stance, block combo) modded for speed, range, corrosive/heat combo and healing return can make Saryn practically immortal once you get the grip on how her combos work.