Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My problems with arbitrations

(PSN)EpICFreeDoMZz

For full disclosure this is mostly me just ranting about my feelings, I don't expect DE to see this nor do I expect people to agree with me. With that out the way let's get into this.

I have 2 main problems. 1) no revives and 2) having to wait twice the time before rewards.

My problem with no revives is there's so much stupid stuff that happens in warframe that can instantly knock you down. Yes it makes it a lot harder and even more risky but I've heard too many stories of going in surviving for 5 or 10 minutes then getting one shot. Before I was one shot in an empty area while I was following my team to the first drill. I'm not asking for it to be made easier I'm asking for at least a few revives. My solution would be to give each player 3 revives and half the time they have to be revived. Still difficult but it negates the problem of being knocked out from dumb encounters.

As for my problem with waiting twice as long is it doesn't equate to making you better. It was the same thing with when people would compare their times on Mot Survival. There are plenty of people who could go for hours in these missions but most people don't want to. I for one get bored after 5 or so minutes because the missions are so samey. Obviously I don't want the best rewards at 5 minutes but I do want something. Why not give us scaling rewards like 1 Vitus for 5 and 10, then 2 for 15-20 and ect. If I'm honest I don't like feeling like I'm being penalised because I get bored. I especially don't want to have to wait the extra time for my team to leave just so I can get my reward. 

Anyway rant over thanks for reading, sorry for the wall of text.

I could see allowing revives from bleedout, because the current setup negates mods, passives, and the one or two powers that work with bleedout - which seems like too much.  And also doesn't let you revive pets, which seems over the top even in a hardcore mode. 

There's not a huge deal with no revives being a thing, you just need to account for it in your build - though you could argue that it limits the viable frames to ones that you can tune to be tanky, which is a surprisingly large number and is already true for a lot of content anyway. 

On your other point, the time factor is a questionable decision, but a bearable one.  Mostly.  Its just ugly if you intend to do something like soloing and Excavation mission, though. 

PS: this is a reasonable thread, why is it in General/Off-topic rather than Feedback/Mission?

Well I have to disagree on getting revives and bleedout timers since it's part of the challenge. That does make you want to swing towards certain frames like Oberon + Trinity but from the little I've seen in public arbitrations, people don't swing that way and go off dying before 10 minutes so yeah you can probably find a lot of support for revives if those people find their way to the forums.

If arbitrations allowed revives, you could take any frame, mod it however you want and still get all the rewards because you get revived so much. I understand the sentiment and not saying it's all bad, I just don't see it benefical.

well my issue with arbitrations is that because of the little drones a lot of frames are useless.

make a game with a lot of classes, make most of them useless for "end game".

that's my only issue with this mode

P.S i am totally fine that for every mission would have its own meta, but make most of the dps frames useless in this mode kinda pointless

On 2018-11-11 at 4:18 AM, UnPlu99eD said:

well my issue with arbitrations is that because of the little drones a lot of frames are useless.

make a game with a lot of classes, make most of them useless for "end game".

that's my only issue with this mode

P.S i am totally fine that for every mission would have its own meta, but make most of the dps frames useless in this mode kinda pointless

I wholeheartedly agree. The drones aren't so much a challenge as they're just annoying and limit your warframe/weapon choices. They nerf cc frames too. I'm not saying I want the mode to be easy, I just think it shouldn't make half of the frames useless even if your build can survive higher levels under normal conditions. DE should really be encouraging a variety of frames instead of just tanks IMO. If you don't use a gun that uses an AoE like arca plasmor or ignis, it can be pretty difficult to destroy the drones too.