Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stong Ember Builds

Roadle32111

Question

Whenever someone complains about the most recent Ember nerf, someone always replies that everyone is using her wrong and her 2 is one of the best damage buff in the game for specific setups. 

Could I get a few examples on these amazing setups? I don't know what to do with her.

4 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Roadle32111 said:

her 2 is one of the best damage buff in the game

not even close

26 minutes ago, Roadle32111 said:

I don't know what to do with her.

slap all range+ fire quake and natural talent on her and refresh your 4 everytime it gets above 50%

There isn't a whole lot you can do with her. Her 1st and 3rd powers are very lacking and her 4th power has lost a tremendous amount of potential due to the lowered range.

You can still make Ember work all the way up to level 70 and possible even further but compared to other warframes it's going to feel like playing with a handicap. If you enjoy that sort of challenge then stick with her. Otherwise I strongly recommend you play different warframes until the next rework or only use Ember for rushing low level missions.

As for builds, I'm only aware of two:

1) You can build her for power strength and sacrifice everything else (including survivability mods) and rely on weapons to kill heavily armored enemies. But no matter what you do you will eventually hit a wall because Ember's damage doesn't scale properly.

2) You can build her for power range and use the Firequake augment to keep enemies knocked down. This allows you to play higher level missions but only if you're able to handle World on Fire's energy cost (syndicate weapons might help). The moment the power turns off you die. So Nullifiers and energy leechers can severely harm this build. Ancient Healers will also completely cancel Firequake (be very careful when fighting corrupted).

Aside from that, the only real choice you need to make is whether or not you're going to use the Growing Power + Energy Conversion combo. If you use those two mods you get extra power strength without sacrificing your other stats but then you will need to hunt for energy orbs and proc status before you can use World on Fire.

Firequake build is the most useful build for her imo. But altogether she has one of the worst kits in the game. There's alot of NOT FUN happening in her kit. Prior to the range nerf on her ult, it also was alot of NOT FUN. But in that context, you were also ruining the game for others.

Maybe in 2019 she'll get a rework, considering that the rest of this year will probably only include hotfixes/changes for Fortuna.

EDIT: By rework, I mean hopefully it's a new kit.

Edited by Me.Church