Make Stalker less of a Dread dispenser joke and more of this...

Bombarder0

The Shadow Stalker has a lot of potential,the fact that he can use other Warframe abilities and block them sounds very badass,but Stalker combat is VERY easy when it comes to figth people who has time in the game,the only way The Shadow stalker could beat a player is because they are MR5,I really wish it was more difficult and fun to fight against.

The main issue with that is that he's an assassin that spawns in your mission whether you have full civilization destroying gear or your summer-time water-pistol.
This alone makes it hard to balance it in a way that's fair and fun because essentially he's not here to be fun, he's here to kick your behind while you're getting overwhelmed by other enemies, but he's also somewhat built to give any type of player a chance to live through his encounter and receive his blueprints to progress in the game.

Can you even begin to imagine a way for him to be fun and challenging while keeping his status as an assassin that spawns mid-mission on any content at any given moment whilst making sure that he doesn't Random OneHitKO the average player?

While keeping in mind that Void damage is a thing and it's gonna destroy sentient content at any given moment.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Ok, first question, how? Adding him 100 layers of bullet sponge? Give him like 20 stages of invulnerability? Im not even joking, can you name one thing that will make it harder, but still fun? Lets be real, enemy AI wont be touched in a significant way, so whats left to do, that will not make it boring 20 minutes shoot the sponge\wait for invulnerability stages fight? Ive no answer to this.

And second question is why? Just because Stalker has big lore presence doesnt mean the random encounter have to alter entirety of whatever else youre up to at the moment.

If theres gonna be a boss encounter with Stalker, like the one on Lua, but an actual bossfight - sure, then its another deal, because you're there to fight him. But for random encounters Stalker fine as is.

11 minutes ago, Bombarder0 said:

could beat a player is because they are MR5

Pretty sure most mr5s have meta amps these days...."young punks and their fancy toys *spits* , back in my day when the Stalker showed up we had to fight him off with Bratons and Boltors *sips whiskey*, seperated the men from the boys those encounters"

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Pretty sure most mr5s have meta amps these days...."young punks and their fancy toys *spits* , back in my day when the Stalker showed up we had to fight him off with Bratons and Boltors *sips whiskey*, seperated the men from the boys those encounters"

Haven't seen too many honestly. Many middle mastery players don't even have more than the mote still in my experience unless helped towards getting theirs. Similar to archwing or focus nodes.

I could see the Stalker stats being based on the gear and MR of his target when he spawns, that way newbies would still have a fair fight and vets would need to blast him in the face more than once to kill him. But really the biggest reason why he's so weak is his AI and the fact that he spawns right next to you, by the time he gets up he's already sitting back down to leave. Make him spawn somewhere within 50m but no closer than 20m to the his target. And give him the Wild AI Umbra has when we fight him during Sacrifice. Even just these 2 changes would help increase the risk a little.

hace 12 minutos, TheRealShade dijo:

I could see the Stalker stats being based on the gear and MR of his target when he spawns, that way newbies would still have a fair fight and vets would need to blast him in the face more than once to kill him. But really the biggest reason why he's so weak is his AI and the fact that he spawns right next to you, by the time he gets up he's already sitting back down to leave. Make him spawn somewhere within 50m but no closer than 20m to the his target. And give him the Wild AI Umbra has when we fight him during Sacrifice. Even just these 2 changes would help increase the risk a little.

Lol rigth,the umbra one was challenging.

1) Instead of spawning right beside you, he will spawn randomly in the map.

2) Stalker will go after objective, if it is defense mission he will target the cryopod, 
if rescue mission he will hunt down the hostage, 
if survival he will start activating life support to waste them.
if spy mission he starts triggering vault alarms.
if excavation he will start destroying excavators
if mobile defense he will sneak up and snatch your data mass and run away, if he escapes the mission will fail.

3) Since he spawns remotely, players will need to find him and hunt him down
before he actually spoils the mission.

4) Stalker will camp out for you and shoot from longer range
in ambush

I don´t think it´s only a numerical problem but a mechanical one as well. I don´t really know what it is but Warframe in general lacks some kind of combat depth. Most of the time you are killing hordes of trash mobs mixed with some bullet sponges here and there. For a long time I didn´t even realise Healer provide a damage and cc reduction aura (probably because it´s invisible to the player).

I hate to say it but Nullifier are actually one of the more interesting enemy types.

However in my opinion there have to be changes on abilities (cooldowns?) and damage/armor scaling before de can improve enemy behaviour. In fact enemy ai isn´t that bad at all. For example Grineer use Shield Lancer as mobile cover. But the only reason I know this is because I like to test things in Simulacrum.

Edited by Arcira

A simple solution and the right one supposed to be is not so hard to come up. I find Stalker is an extraordinary element that make the game even more special but Stalker is indeed very easy to beat for players have times in anyway. So what they should do about Stalker is :

- Make him harder everytime he failed his incursion to the marked like increase a portion of his HP, his action speed ( Limited enhance ofc )

- Make his drop chance rate increase as his difficulty. ( And can't they just add War's part to his drop list ? just Dread most of the time is unfair for low strength player can beat him )

Also they should made a limitation to Operator transference static for High MR, many people have so high rank but they just reliable on their operator to beat stalker so weird.