It's the right time to ditch the stasis mechanic

I'm really looking forward to making moas and some of the new set mods sound really cool and fun to build around. That being said, adding more utility to pets just makes the stasis mechanic more grating. Even with the nutrio incubator making stasis recovery immediate, it's still a chore to put a pet in stasis, take another pet out of stasis, and change your equipped companion in the arsenal every time you want to try a new build. It's a good time to get rid of it! It contributes nothing to the game.

Edited by atejas

I mean, yeah, sure. Lorewise it fits.

But sweet baby Clem does that animation set take forever. I unthawed two kubrows to take prints today and it took a good two minutes longer than it should have just because that dome kept going up and down and up and down.

Keep the stasis, just let all of our pets show up in the ‘select companion’ screen, when we select a pet that is in stasis, the animation will begin on its own and we don’t need to do anything. So we basically remove them from stasis in the companion screen 

It’s the best of both sides imo

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Keep the stasis, just let all of our pets show up in the ‘select companion’ screen, when we select a pet that is in stasis, the animation will begin on its own and we don’t need to do anything. So we basically remove them from stasis in the companion screen 

It’s the best of both sides imo

That would also be fine as long as you could keep different pets selected for different loadout slots and it would automatically send/remove them from stasis when you switched the active slot.