Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited free customization colors replaced by pastel versions??

CarbonSX

I just built a few frames and I went to color them and the free color palette strip suddenly looked very faded...

I went back to look at my Trin Prime, Excal and Frost... sure enough, I no longer have access to the colors I used on them when I started the game in October... it looks like the 'Classic' palette that I had access to is called 'Classic Saturated' and locked!?  Really?

I'm a new player, does the available free palette rotate or something? I mean I was fine with the free strip down the middle limitation that I started with but this pastel/faded thing is terrible.

Am I missing something?  I'm no longer able to match my frames color schemes without paying for the regular 'Classic Saturated' palette?

Edit: I am a fool... 😭 I had randomly ticked Legacy Color Palettes under Gameplay in the Options at some point.  rapt0rman was kind enough to point out my error. 🏆

Edited by CarbonSX

Oh my g... that's what that does? 😱  I recall enabling it and couldn't figure out what it had changed, but I hadn't started a new frame or weapon since then. Good thing there's a tool tip or something explaining that...🙄

Why is it under Gameplay and not Display or Interface!? 🤔 Whatever... it's fixed and my OCD can calm down now... 😅

Thank you very much, rapt0rman!

TBH the option was entirely unnecessary in the first place, a small fraction of vocal players who were *cough afraid of progress cough* wanted to keep their old, washed out colors, and now pretty much all it accomplishes is confusing the hell out of people.