Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question regarding Fortuna bounties

LarryYourWaiter

Question

Hello fellow Tenno,

i know we are still waiting for Fortuna but I was wondering if we knew about the bounty turn-ins yet?  I’ve read that we will be able to collect our bounty prizes and then go onto the next bounty while still within the Orb Vallis map.  Does this mean our progress will be saved at that point even if we get disconnected?  As it is now, I’m afraid to go out into POE for more than a half hour at a time due to dodgy internet maybe making me lose everything I’ve done.

Edited by LarryYourWaiter

7 answers to this question

PoE, and by extension Fortuna, saved your progress for each Bounty stage completed. You don't lose any progress by extracting or quitting after the bounty is completed.

There are also other triggers that saves your progress other than Bounty completion, though I already forgot what are those triggers. Maybe they're in the PoE update notes.

3 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

???

does it just save the bounty or everything you’ve done?  I’m sure I’ve lost 1.5 hours of mining and fishing before

I remembered it says that it saves everything, though I never actually tried this personally.

Do note though, that it saves at the bounty completion. If you fish and mine afterwards, I'm not so sure.

If you know about your horrible internet, why even taking the risk?
Just leave Orb Vallis once you finished a bounty. And if you want to go hunt/fish/mine, just join without a bounty.
I see where you're coming from. But if your issue is well known, then don't try to stretch anything and play it safe.

Bounties save each time you see the Banner on your screen, Fishing and Mining saves each time you... catch a Fish or mine a Rock.

so once you've completed any of those things, you can leave any way you want. you can quit to Cetus, to your Ship, leave through the gates, all as you please. in theory force closing the game without leaving to anywhere first should also be fine but i haven't done that since i don't really have any reason to do that generally.

mind you that's saving those things in particular - it's not saving Resources you picked up off the ground or Mods you picked up, Et Cetera.

so, Venus will be expected to be the same.

Edited by taiiat

It's been said that there will be NPCs on Orb Vallis (at captured bases or something like that) where you can select the next bounty you want to do.

As for saving progress, this is from the PoE initial patch notes here:

Saving your Progress on the Plains happens in a number of ways - most of which are automatic!

1) If you return to Cetus through the gates at any point, your mission concludes and all progress is saved.
2) If you return to your Landing Craft via the escape menu. 
3) All progress is automatically saved on completing Bounties or Incursions.
4) Fishing, Mining, or using consumables results in a specific save of that content (fish caught, minerals extracted, consumables used).

The stuff mentioned here was being saved even in cases where disconnections would occur and you end up back in Cetus with an empty rewards screen. Tested it with fish and gems at the time as host and client because numerous players were thinking they lost all their rewards based on the empty rewards screen.

Edited by Maicael