Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

damage types on rivens

Wrum

Question

so I have a Dokrahm riven that gives me a little over +100% electric and toxin which is basically 200% corrosive which seems pretty good. however i have seen some videos that say melee damage is the best thing for a melee riven.

what would the benefits be on having melee damage over elemental damage?

4 answers to this question

Elemental Stats on Rivens are just very niche/hyper specailized, they can let you deal the highest Damage in certain situations, but are mediocre or even bad vs some other Enemies.

so then, generic Damage is more flexible if not as strong in each particular situation. or any other non Damage Type related way of increasing Damage.

Its as others stated. Base damage is more flexible though elementals can be REALLY good in some situations like specialized builds and status builds. Like one the Silva and Aegis prime I have a Base + Toxin riven. That overall makes it a devastating status weapon.

With a good mod setup you can use your riven two ways though depending on where you put your elementals.

For example both Corrosive + Fire is an option as well as Gas + electric just based on where you place fire in relation to the other. Combine that with some status on the zaw build + CO and you have a weapon that goes both ways :)

Edited by Airwolfen