Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Ppl Get Mad For Ember/trinity Wiith New Up?

kamimegurine

Ok I know we all have our favorite frame and all of that stuff i was angry when they changed Iron skin into Paper skin,

But I wanna know why do you get mad for this 2 frames...

Ember was so wrong all the time, yes she may look cool but she wasn't really useful, she was only good vs infested and not that much to make a difference between Saryn, ppl who use her may know that she never was designed as a Tank or bullet sponge. 

Trinity doesn't really needs Link anymore, They buff Blessing making the cast time last shorter, almost 16s of invulnerability not only for you, all of your team!!!! in the survival event we made last weekend we learn that, i mean not even Iron skin was able to hold mobs lv 300 right? but Blessing is able to make even nova become an OP tank or bullet sponge... its like 16s of 0 dmg and 1s of chance to get yourself killed...

But however I maybe missing something... So yeah I'd like to know why?? but dont answere  like Ember and Trinity = Tank 'cause they never were Tanks (at least the main DE concept for them 1 is dps and the other 1 is support/heal)

Edited by kamimegurine

people don't really like having to adapt again, I guess. I personally aren't too pleased with link being a damage reduction instead of ignore, but I'll see how it works out. I kinda doubt I'll stop playing my lobstershark alltogether just because of these changes.

Edited by Alighierian

Their upset with Trinity because you could pretty much auto kill 90% of the bosses with link with taking no damage and being able to get energy ie endless loop.

Trinity was meant to be a healer/support and I'm am all for the change.

Why are people mad?

Because they are putting all of these changes in the perspective on how the game works now. 

Most are not realizing that these changes are coming with the huge damage overhaul that is coming.

Thus, all of this complaining is quite stupid and moot until we find out what it actually means when U10 comes. Yes, stupid. No one has any idea, except DE, of what all this means, no one. It may come to pass that Ember and Trinity might become some of the best warframes after the update, or not, we just don't know. All of the complaining needs to stop until the update comes. Period.

people don't really like having to adapt again, I guess. I personally aren't too pleased with link being a damage reduction instead of ignore, but I'll see how it works out. I kinda doubt I'll stop playing my lobstershark alltogether just because of these changes.

What happened to Rhino is happening to everyone now. They're (hopefully) trading invincibility for more overall useful and balanced abilities. Except for Vauban. As far as we know, only Bastille is getting changed, and for the worse.

Frost

Vauban

Trinity

No news on Frost yet though.

Edited by Jugganatha

What happened to Rhino is happening to everyone now. They're (hopefully) trading invincibility for more overall useful and balanced abilities. Except for Vauban. As far as we know, only Bastille is getting changed, and for the worse.

Frost

Vauban

Trinity

No news on Frost yet though.

well frost needs a rework of all his powers beside snowglobe

Right, and if they nerfed snowglobe without mentioning how they're going to make him more effective overall, he's going to be in the same position as Vauban is right now: poised to be instantly demoted to near-useless tier.

Edited by Jugganatha

TBF the DPS and healer never should have been better at tanking than Rhino in the first place, although overheat was a bit OP and Link did not fit the character at all and should have been trashed, buffing Iron Skin may have been the better choice, or if not they should get on that as well, it is garbage at medium and high levels, although it is OP at level 20 and below.

why?

6 formas + catalyst + slot (160 plat or ~8€). yes, i paid this 8€ for trinity!

and now they make trinity's most important skill crap... 

wannabe devs PROMISED that they will not "nerf" skills but they do it (loki is a joke now etc.)

this is blatant scam and the reason why they will never get more money from me. 

i don't support liars and scamers 

Edited by vladiko2

TBF the DPS and healer never should have been better at tanking than Rhino in the first place, although overheat was a bit OP and Link did not fit the character at all and should have been trashed, buffing Iron Skin may have been the better choice, or if not they should get on that as well, it is garbage at medium and high levels, although it is OP at level 20 and below.

I 'think' link was thought up with the aspect of ressing under fire. but blessing is now better (apparently) so link doesn't have to be as insane. and having a good damage reduction can also greatly help for combat ressing, whilst it slightly reduces the insane tanking the lobstershark could do with it

why?

6 formas + catalyst + slot (160 plat or ~8€). yes, i paid this 8€ for trinity!

and now they make trinity's most important skill crap... 

wannabe devs PROMISED that they will not "nerf" skills but they do it (loki is a joke now etc.)

this is blatant scam and the reason why they will never get more money from me. 

i don't support liars and scamers 

overreaction much? we don't even HAVE the new trinity yet. take a chill pill, preferably multiple.

and link isn't trinity's most important skill. you bring a trinity for the blessing, not for tanking. if I wanted a tank I'd bring rhino.

Edited by Alighierian

Trinity change is fine with me but the reason I don't like the ember change is because ember currently IS a tank. She doesn't have good damage or utility.

Right now ember has 2 useful skills, overheat and World on Fire. World on fire stops being useful once enemies get to level 80 or so, even against infested (and sooner for grineer). This means that for high level content, Overheat is her only useful skill and it's only useful because of it's damage reduction, the damage it does is practically non existent.

Now the damage rework might make her damage more useful but even if it does ember will still have 4 offensive abilities and will be incredibly lame to play because of that. Nova can have 3 offensive abilities because they all work in unique ways. Ember is getting 4 AOE fire damage spells and at most 2 of them will be any good. Fireball will still be worthless since it's single target and fireblast does so little damage even against level 20 light infested that fixing the scaling won't make a noticeable difference.

Ember should not be as good at tanking as Rhino but if they're going to nerf overheat then they have to give her the single best nuking abilities in the game or give her some sort of utility and from what they've said in the stream, she's not getting any noticeable buffs other than the damage rework.

Edited by merryfistmas

With ember, I use only two skills, WoF for damage and Overheat for defense, I feel it's a shame if they take overheat and make it more an offensive skill taking part of its usefulness as a damage reduction skill.

I love using ember, her skills may tickle the mobs at higher levels, but she's perfect for short runs on Xini, usually I just press 4 and only worry about ancients and use overheat when I have to revive someone. If the damage reduction of overheat is nerfed I won't be able to do that anymore or else I'm going to die for sure.

Link was stupidly unbalanced? Hey, just count my duration and I can inflict damage to myself and nothing will happen? Heck, I got an Ogris! Let's try that....it was just too good....you guys didn't even try the first two revamped skills so you can't judge Trinity's overall usefulness just yet, damn it!

Edited by rangeless

Well Ember needs a rework of all her powers beside overheat.

The reason I am mad for embers changes is that the main focus of overheat is the damage reduction, it is a defensive ability, and the only useful skill she has past level 50 enemies when her ultimate only tickles them. But they want to turn it into yet another offensive ability, and ember already has 3 of those. Ember NEEDS utility/defensive skills.

It doesnt have anything to do with the damage overhaul in update 10. Its because of the fact that even if she does end up doing a lot more damage after update 10, all her abilities will be the same except overheat will be another "do fire damage in a radius around you" skill, which doesnt even matter because on top of that she will still be squishy as hell. She will not be a glass cannon or a caster like nova. Nova's abilities have enough range for her to be safe from enemy fire (MPrime has an insane 20 meter range + stretch). Ember has to be in the middle of the group to do damage and she doesnt have the stats for that.

Basically, overheat is the ONLY reason someone might have to play ember and theyre saying they want to turn it into another offensive skill, if theyre going to do that then she needs a complete rework of her other 3 abilities or an increase in armor and shields. Because no one will play a frame that has 3 versions of the same ability and a useless and hard to aim fireball.

So no, it doesnt have anything to do with enemy armor or damage overhaul, its because they want to turn her most useful ability into a smaller version of her third and fourth.

On top of that they also want to nerf Vaubans most useful ability too, just when theyre about to release a new frame that surprisingly has an ability that does the same but looks like a better version. And they havent even touched Nova.

Ember and Trin are getting reworked, just as Rhino, Volt and Mag.

That may mean that they will play differently afterwards. Big deal.

As long as the abilities fit the theme of the warframe, are not redundant or overlapping and have a decent effectiveness, all will be well.

Ember will still be AoE-DoT queen. Trinity will still absorb and negate tons of damage.

No doubt.

Ember is squishy and she has one defensive ability.

Trinity has no offensive ability, her only quick escape ability was link.

Rhino had 3 CCs.

Needless to say the situations are tremendously different.

I dont really have a problem with Ember but Trinity, whose survivability basically resides on Link, getting that cut down is a problem. 

If Link was doing too much damage they could've capped that.