Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna bosses discussion

Grayfox1990

Question

Hi,

So we are all hyped about fortuna. What I wondered was, IF Fortuna had a boss like the eidolons, what weapons would be good for it? Its a corpus map so electricity? That would mean lanka, right?

EDIT: The bosses are spiders. They obviously will be storyrelated, so stay tuned. For more info, read comments down bellow.

Edited by Grayfox1990

24 answers to this question

Well. Puncture evuentally, but mostly Radiation, Ice, and Toxin i'd say.

Good old Vaykor Hek is still in good shape, i didnt build Phantasma or Plasmor correctly yet but i guess i ll see plenty of those, maybe Opticor too, so far i'm feeling tooootally confident with the Quartakk. Oh boy this one is my new BFF.

34 minutes ago, Grayfox1990 said:

So we are all hyped ........

No, I'm never really hyped.  Awaiting optimistically, but if you're hyped in the medium that is gaming you haven't been around long enough to know it's a bad mindset to get into.  Also it's not wise to make a blanket statement, it really annoys those with a mind of their own.

Edited by Starfreak911

16 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Well. Puncture evuentally, but mostly Radiation, Ice, and Toxin i'd say.

Good old Vaykor Hek is still in good shape, i didnt build Phantasma or Plasmor correctly yet but i guess i ll see plenty of those, maybe Opticor too, so far i'm feeling tooootally confident with the Quartakk. Oh boy this one is my new BFF.

Oh so arca plasmor would be good?  What if we need to distance ourselves because of lasers?

And against corpus, I saw posts here talking more about electricity and viral builds...

In that case, opticor lanka?

Edited by Grayfox1990

à l’instant, Grayfox1990 a dit :

Oh so arca plasmor would be good?  What if we need to distance ourselves because of lasers?

I guess back into the opticor and lanka game then?

I have absolutely no idea dude. Since Opticor is a hit-scan-long-range-death-star-cannon, i guess you can't go wrong if you bring one to fight a gigantic spider robot you can't even miss in a stadium. 

But, who knows. I d like to be surpised, and i'm not a very big fan of BFG and sniper in Warframe so...a rifle or shotgun will do great for me.

Well, we are getting weapons with clear sentient design developed by corpus meaning they have, to a certain extent, started to "understand" how sentients works. I would not be surprised if the spider robot had some trick up the sleeves (and it's a spider so it's a lot of sleeves.....I know, don't hate me). Personally I would be very happy if the boss fight doesn't include switching to operator mode to deplete shields. Enough of that, thank you

5 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

I have absolutely no idea dude. Since Opticor is a hit-scan-long-range-death-star-cannon, i guess you can't go wrong if you bring one to fight a gigantic spider robot you can't even miss in a stadium. 

Highly likely we have to destroy its legs first, that would make sense.

Any with great accuracy, I'd say. Hitscan preferably, but after that, we need to know what are its specificity. If it has a nullifier bubble, your Opticor will fall flat, and maybe more conventional weapons will have their chance

Let's esclude all builds with hunter munitions cause it will most likely be immune to status (would be awsome if it wasn't thou)

I guess the usual tank chroma with vex armor is still the best option, taking in consideration that we will have to deal massive damage and survive.

Trinity might be replaceable, as well as Harrow and Volt, if it doesn't involve shield depletion with operator

Anyway somone is going to find a new meta in just a few days

The simple answer is: We don't know ! All you guys are doing are assumptions of how a brand new boss with possibly brand new mechanics will work based on the previous Corpus bosses -- but remember that the ne boss will have mechanics we have never seen before, behavior we have never seen before, and will possibly require the new operator weapons (which we have no idea what they will be). Your Lankas and Chromas would be ridiculous if the new boss have to be fought by melee, or with the new operator weapons, or even other stuff I haven't thought about or that don't exist yet

Well the eidolons are immune to status effects and to few other things like unairu dash effects so it's a good bet the spider boss has those characteristics as well. As for the health, shield and armor type boss has is up to speculation, but it should be either ferrite or alloy armor if it's armored, and it is very likely armored. So corrosive or radiation, both should fit the same polarities so no problem there. You'll find out after scanning the bugger enough times.

It's also pretty safe to assume Sarpa + Shattering Impact works on the boss since it works for everything else afaik, so for aura you should go for whatever you deal main damage with, like Dead Eye or Rifle Amp. Unless there's some special gimmick which requires everyone to melee it simultaneously and if melee is also the main source of damage. Maybe then and only then, you would have everyone in squad use Paracesis with sacrificial mods since to my knowledge the spider is a sentient. If it's not sentient however, plague zaw or whatever strong melee weapon would be a good choise.

There are general ways to deal with bosses in this game, like Sarpa and scanning it for resistances. It could have a sentient damage migitation mechanic that'd make it more and more resistant to the damage types used against it until you amped it out enough with the operator or used Paracesis. The latter might become a weapon of choise if that mechanic is there, to avoid the need to switch to operator all the time. For all we know it could even block us from using operator so Paracesis might actually become a requirement.

That said, WTS Paracesis riven with heat and benign negative for 8k plat.

I actually wanted to know this for a riven but, I stopped looking cause something else came up so.

Anyway thank you all for answering, maybe it's a good idea to keep this topic updated for all incomming boss posts...

Edited by Grayfox1990

A note on this, the giant spiders are Alloy over Robotic, just like the Eidolons. Just need to figure out how to take out their invulns (which aren't sentient shields).

The Lanka is likely to continue to wear the crown unless something about the fight mechanics makes her a bad choice.

Edited by Eirshy

45 minutes ago, Eirshy said:

A note on this, the giant spiders are Alloy over Robotic, just like the Eidolons. Just need to figure out how to take out their invulns (which aren't sentient shields).

The Lanka is likely to continue to wear the crown unless something about the fight mechanics makes her a bad choice.

I noticed. I could damage the so called "profit-taker-orb". Thanks for the heads up.

6 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

The sleeper will wake up at the full alert level and make a lazy attempt at going at you

I see. Still... There will be a story about them. All you can do now is stay put. You actually can dmg the sleeper but with minimum dmg. Tip here is eidolon. But I don't think this is suppose to happen yet anyway. I also think it has something to do with "warm", "cold" and "freezing", the temps of orb vallis.

Edited by Grayfox1990