Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration corpus

(XBOX)TOFmars

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I think what he meant was that against Corpus things like Gas, Toxin, Viral, and Slash procs all bypass the shields.  Shields being the larger portion of the total life bar of the Corpus with health being much smaller.  

So, even with corrosive you still have to go through the shields first.  Where as something like gas and it's AoE goes directly to the health and making the whole process more efficient for longer runs.  Please notice the longer runs part.  

While saying this, I completely understand not wanting to switch elemental combos for each faction.  I've made all of my builds the last 2+ years using just one elemental combo for everything like yourself.  So, I somewhat agree with your original post, but offering a reason why some would want to change up for certain factions.  

I'm noticing the "longer runs" part, but I still have no issues 1-shotting Corpus with corrosive damage even sitting on an Arbitration for over an hour. And I'm talking 1-shotting. Surely, even someone sitting on mods & frames with half the capabilities of mine can still 2-shot the same enemies, which is still obviously very good?

The only enemies in the game that I find survive for longer than a 1-shot are Noxes, Bursas, and Juggernauts? Probably? Of which, I know at least Noxes have inherent damage reduction even beyond their armor value. And that's fine. They're allowed that. But point being... this game's player damage scaling goes WAY beyond what the game's content contains. Maybe if I sat in a Corpus Survival for 12 hours, I'd start to say, "man I wish I took some pure toxin damage." But why on earth would I be sitting in a mission for that long?

You should be able to chill in a mission for even a couple hours with zero damage output problems with non-specified loadouts for your enemy types. I know you (mostly) agreed with what I'm saying anyway, but I'm self-obligated to emphasize that I don't see any reason to ever feel the need to specify your weapon types - except for, I suppose, Augmented Enemy Shields Sorties. That one's fair enough. But I always run pure toxin on my melee just coincidentally due to mod space, so even then I don't go out of my way.