Host migration and disconnection specially on tridolon hunts

MiyukiHaruka

something really needs to be done with this issue. not a lot have superb net connection and these "host migration" then disconnects from multiplay server is getting out of control. so many wasted time and no loot from tridolon hunts meanwhile the host gets away with all the loots cause he doesnt have to "host migrate" Please fix this. dont allow hosting players to leave squad or something

3 minutes ago, MiyukiHaruka said:

dont allow hosting players to leave squad or something

Hahahahahah no.

Don't be so slow at travel that the host would rather leave than wait. Its rude to keep people waiting. It's something everyone does, it just so happens that when the host does it, a migration is triggered.

Edited by Erytroxylin

15 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Hahahahahah no.

Don't be so slow at travel that the host would rather leave than wait. Its rude to keep people waiting. It's something everyone does, it just so happens that when the host does it, a migration is triggered.

not slow travel.. we have archwing infinity now so that's less of a reason to leave squad just cause you cant wait for all to get their loots and fly fast to the gate. guy literally left as soon as the 3rd eidolon went down.  well that's what usually happens when host leaves on poe missions. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Sounds good, doesn't work. I had hosts that stood RIGHT BEFORE the gate, while the other 3 were RIGHT INSIDE the gate and they just quit. 

well maybe not disable leaving squad but after all those countless times other players also lost rewards just cause the host left right immediately after getting his loots

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Sounds good, doesn't work. I had hosts that stood RIGHT BEFORE the gate, while the other 3 were RIGHT INSIDE the gate and they just quit. 

U-huh, what stopped you from quitting to save time if you aint the host? You cant even ruin anyone's rewards by doing that if you aint the host.

12 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

How about just dont afk\mine\fish after hunt is done and actually go to the gate to evac?

if i have to do that, i'd make sure i wasnt host 1st then leave squad myself to do fishing and mining stuff. i know well enough not to be a #$&(% and make other players wait at evac just to do those things than can be done solo mode

I have found a solution that seems to work for this.

My default server is set to Eastern Europe & Russia. When I jump to areas solo I load in faster with empty servers and when host migrations occur I have not been hit by a migrate issue since changing it.

A better solution for this would be for eidolon drops (high tier shards) and arcanes/articulas to be a reward similar to a rotation completion or a relic reward in fissures. I have been migrated during many fissures and then fail to connect. When I load to my ship I don't get the resources but I always receive my relic rewards. If that mechanic was applied to the important drops from hunting the problem would not be such a big concern.

You can probably put these into three categories:

- Hosts who leave the squad because of impatience for some reason -- IMHO, a player attitude problem, but there's maybe a 50/50 chance the migration might work

- Hosts who leave the squad for similar reasons but don't realize it could mean a migration which has a good chance of failing -- educating people, especially on PoE, that you shouldn't leave the squad if you are the host will help.

- Hosts whose machines crash or who have a temporary loss of internet connection.   This one is more common than most people realize, and will always result in a failed migration -- I think probably half of the failed migrations are due to this.   I had a period of bad connectivity recently where the internet would drop for five minutes every few hours on average - and always felt bad if I was the host when this happened.   Never in a Tridolon hunt, though, and if I was the host I tried not to let endless missions go on for too long.  (If I needed to do a really long mission and ended up as the host, I'd have exited right away -- not fair to other players...)   Note that the host in this case isn't getting the items either...

There's little which can be done about most of these cases.   Short term, the only real solution would be to have more things sent to the servers so you don't risk losing stuff due to a failed migration.    Long term, it should be possible for enough extra data to be sent to each of the other squad members that a "failed" migration could at least be reconstructed into all the other squad members hosting their own solo session with minimal data loss.   

1 hour ago, Zgwortz said:

Hosts whose machines crash or who have a temporary loss of internet connection.   This one is more common than most people realize, and will always result in a failed migration

That's actually true. The prevalence of wifi is rising and wifi is notorious for temporary hiccups. People just dont understand the dangers of wifi gaming and the general rule - don't do it, because wireless routers come with pretty much every internet package. People have just started to think wifi IS internet.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Erytroxylin:

Hahahahahah no.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Sormaran:

How about just dont afk\mine\fish after hunt is done and actually go to the gate to evac?

If you all care that much about some seconds how about staying at the gate and keep it open for the others. Almost noone does it.