Jump to content

Fortuna for me is a bit of a let down


Ragnarok160
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't want to sound ungrateful or judge it before launch but with the confirmed content coming I'm a bit disappointed that some of the stuff that has been in development for a while isn't being included such as

- railjack

- Melee 3.0

- two handed nikana

 

There's a few others but these are the main ones that i was very much looking forward to. Fortuna is looking to be super awesome but i do wish that they had finished some of the smaller projects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I don't want to (...) judge it before launch

I'd like you to stop judging it before it launches as well, but this diesn't seem to stop you.

19 hours ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful

Oh, no. You do sound ungrateful, because you seem to have no idea how jobs performing big projects are working or how marketing and a content drought are effecting a playerbase, which are the customer, which means, they are the people who are paying for the developers families meals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Walkampf said:

I'd like you to stop judging it before it launches as well.

Oh, no. You don't sound ungrateful, you sound stupid, because you seem to have no idea how jobs performing big projects are working or how marketing and a content drought are effecting a playerbase, which are the customer, which means, they are the people who are paying for the developers families meals.

Wow, you really dialed that from a 1 to a 10 didn't you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sormaran said:

Melee 3.0 isnt small project, why it taking them a long time. Also, you didnt even know about Railjack before tennocon, holy lotus. Nitpick at its finest.

Not really, a good amount of people had wanted to know if it was coming with fortuna and we got our answer relatively fast, i was just a bit let down when they announced it wasn't comming

Edited by Ragnarok160
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

railjack

We all know how long DE needs to develop a completely new system. The choice is between receiving Fortuna now and Railjack in six months, or receiving both in six months together.

I'll be happy that I don't have to wait for DE to release them together.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

- two handed nikana 

Well, they're not going to release this before Melee 3.0 - they're not going to give more dev time to animating the stance if they want to redo every single step soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Great.Dane said:

Months ago it was confirmed that Railjack would not be shipping with Fortuna. I don't have an exact source, but you can find one if you'd like. 

They have been saying it pretty much in every devstream that Fortuna was mentioned on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful or judge it before launch but with the confirmed content coming I'm a bit disappointed that some of the stuff that has been in development for a while isn't being included such as

- railjack

- Melee 3.0

- two handed nikana

 

There's a few others but these are the main ones that i was very much looking forward to. Fortuna is looking to be super awesome but i do wish that they had finished some of the smaller projects.

also do you have any idea how much longer we'd have to wait if Railjack and Fortuna were shipped together? it would probally be at leat another three months of ZERO content*

*heavy content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wai so you want an entirely new open world map AND then a entirely new melee system which you would have to learn along with that? A little silly to me if i'm bring honest. How can Fortuna with craft-able secondaries, new pet MOAs, an awesome Warframe like Garuda, a slew of mod sets, and weapon releases just to name a few ... and here you want railjack and dual nikana that pales in comparison to the amazing work they've dished out to us on a silver platter? 

this hurt my soul, ungrateful to say the least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Great.Dane said:

Months ago it was confirmed that Railjack would not be shipping with Fortuna. I don't have an exact source, but you can find one if you'd like. 

I am aware, was just sad that it wasent. Wish that wasn't the case and tbh theres a lot of things they announced are in the works that i thought would be added or would come before fortuna but its understandable that they put there resources into polishing before it launches just like POE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

We all know how long DE needs to develop a completely new system. The choice is between receiving Fortuna now and Railjack in six months, or receiving both in six months together.

I'll be happy that I don't have to wait for DE to release them together.

Well, they're not going to release this before Melee 3.0 - they're not going to give more dev time to animating the stance if they want to redo every single step soon.

I am very excited to see it when it comes out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I rather have content being longer in development (except Katana bc it's finished) and better than rushed just to deliver..

Exactly, but some want everything right now, without single care for if its ready or not. Thanks to DE that they do not listen to these people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

Well, they're not going to release this before Melee 3.0 - they're not going to give more dev time to animating the stance if they want to redo every single step soon.

I agree yet I find it really weird that they added new melee weapons (Pupacyst and the glaive one, forgot the name :P) and more to come with Fortuna after they said they're holding back Revenant's melee katana because of 3.0 rework.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I am aware, was just sad that it wasent. Wish that wasn't the case and tbh theres a lot of things they announced are in the works that i thought would be added or would come before fortuna but its understandable that they put there resources into polishing before it launches just like POE

SO you claim to understand from a educated and mature point of view yet you still let yourself to be disappointed intentionally ... and then posted about it? 

Edited by Errodin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sormaran said:

Exactly, but some want everything right now, without single care for if its ready or not. Thanks to DE that they do not listen to these people.

And then those same people complain that the content they wanted so soon is full of bugs and broken in other ways

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ragnarok160 said:

I am very excited to see it when it comes out

It will come out when DE is ready, no matter how much we moan.

I'm personally sad that the kingpin mode is being delayed (apparently without any schedule and very little developement to show), but a dude moaning on the forums isn't going to change the reality of software coding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Errodin said:

Wai so you want an entirely new open world map AND then a entirely new melee system which you would have to learn along with that? A little silly to me if i'm bring honest. How can Fortuna with craft-able secondaries, new pet MOAs, an awesome Warframe like Garuda, a slew of mod sets, and weapon releases just to name a few ... and here you want railjack and dual nikana that pales in comparison to the amazing work they've dished out to us on a silver platter? 

this hurt my soul, ungrateful to say the least.

Ok so what system in warframe has nit taking at the most and hour to comprehend? Mods are acceptable and im glad they are coming out. 2 skins and 3 new weapons are not a slew  however the craftable secondaries will be nice. M9a is also nicr

Garuda looks really cool but can't say she's awesome till we get our hands on her and she could end up like revenant and be mid tier master fodder. But yea i do wish things like railjack were able to be accomplished. I'm just stating that I'm disappointed that it didnt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

Exactly, but some want everything right now, without single care for if its ready or not. Thanks to DE that they do not listen to these people.

Im sorry, when did i say DE needs to whore it out? I'm saying I'm sad that it wasn't completed.

 

But ill wait for your response

Edited by Ragnarok160
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Vanille said:

I agree yet I find it really weird that they added new melee weapons (Pupacyst and the glaive one, forgot the name :P) and more to come with Fortuna after they said they're holding back Revenant's melee katana because of 3.0 rework. 

Ehr no, why is it weird?

They didn't have to animate any new moveset, they didn't have to produce new stances. They just attached these weapons to stances that already existed.

The problem is animating the stance - Melee 3.0 is going to be a review of the stances. Hence... releasing new weapons for old stances? Doesn't change a thing. Creating a new stance for Melee 2.0 and then redoing it for 3.0? No, that would be stupid.

The stance of the katana is going to be a Melee 3.0 stance, and can't be launched before Melee 3.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Ehr no, why is it weird?

They didn't have to animate any new moveset, they didn't have to produce new stances. They just attached these weapons to stances that already existed.

The problem is animating the stance - Melee 3.0 is going to be a review of the stances. Hence... releasing new weapons for old stances? Doesn't change a thing. Creating a new stance for Melee 2.0 and then redoing it for 3.0? No, that would be stupid.

The stance of the katana is going to be a Melee 3.0 stance, and can't be launched before Melee 3.0.

True, and even on that front ive been following it for a while now and i thought it was coming with the last couple frame releases, the katana not 3.0 . I understand why they held it back but DE has a habit of working on 20 different projects at a time, trashing half of them then teasing them far before they are ready. Might be my personal over hype tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I disagree with everything but the Katana..(which, come on, it's Revenant's signature weapon.. -_- y so late de)

I rather have content being longer in development (except Katana bc it's finished) and better than rushed just to deliver..

True but then you fall into a paradigm of content drought

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful or judge it before launch but with the confirmed content coming I'm a bit disappointed that some of the stuff that has been in development for a while isn't being included such as 

- railjack

- Melee 3.0

- two handed nikana

 

There's a few others but these are the main ones that i was very much looking forward to. Fortuna is looking to be super awesome but i do wish that they had finished some of the smaller projects.

I just love the judging before release people do.... also everything you're complaining about is basically down to you ignoring the topics during devstreams...

Railjack was NEVER supposed to come out with Fortuna, they even said so when it was announced, iirc they said early 2019...

Melee 3.0, it's not an easy task and DE seems to be tweaking some of the original plans to make things faster and smoother, it will be here fairly soon imo though as it seems some of the code is already in game.  However I can understand why it's not coming at the same time as fortuna, could you imagine the issues finding bugs with 2 major new additions/reworks to the game, so it makes sense to NOT give it with Fortuna.

Two handed nikana has been 'delayed' due to melee 3.0, seeing as it's a new stance etc it makes sense to do this as it means they don't need to do things twice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...