Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna for me is a bit of a let down

Ragnarok160

I thought it was clear Railjack would be a separate release some months after Fortuna right from the Tennocon stream.   I also was under the strong impression from around that time that the earliest Melee 3.0 would be released would be with Fortuna... and am not surprised it slipped past that point.   (And the Nikana is clearly dependent on Melee 3.0...)

So what you're really "let down" by isn't Fortuna at all... it's your own unrealistic expectations that they could get the other things you MUST HAVE NAOWWWWW! out at the same time.  It's like the little kid in the car asking "Are we there yet?" over and over and over.

Honestly, it's this kind of useless "feedback" which is most depressing to any programmer/developer and is why many companies usually don't tell you *anything* about what they're actually doing until it's almost ready to ship.   DE is a rare and wonderful exception to that rule, and provides so much internal insight into their dev process, and deserves major kudos for what they are doing, instead of people dissing them because they have no patience.

18 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I'd like you to stop judging it before it launches as well, but this diesn't seem to stop you.

Oh, no. You don't sound ungrateful, you sound stupid, because you seem to have no idea how jobs performing big projects are working or how marketing and a content drought are effecting a playerbase, which are the customer, which means, they are the people who are paying for the developers families meals.

And warframe is said to have a friendly community... but these are the sort of replies you always see when anyone criticize anything about warframe. Rather toxic really.

2 minutes ago, Zgwortz said:

Honestly, it's this kind of useless "feedback" which is most depressing to any programmer/developer and is why many companies usually don't tell you *anything* about what they're actually doing until it's almost ready to ship. 

Thankfully DE learned pretty quickly not to pay attention to threads like this one. Otherwise this game would be dead by now, most likely.

Railjack will let you down more. I get the feeling that it is Archwing 2.0. Looks interesting on paper, but after doing it a couple of times, you'll realize that it is a repetitive and boring task that you'll never want to do again.

Unless they make it challenging and rewarding but then, what is actually challenging and rewarding in this game ? 

28 minutes ago, Zgwortz said:

I thought it was clear Railjack would be a separate release some months after Fortuna right from the Tennocon stream.   I also was under the strong impression from around that time that the earliest Melee 3.0 would be released would be with Fortuna... and am not surprised it slipped past that point.   (And the Nikana is clearly dependent on Melee 3.0...)

So what you're really "let down" by isn't Fortuna at all... it's your own unrealistic expectations that they could get the other things you MUST HAVE NAOWWWWW! out at the same time.  It's like the little kid in the car asking "Are we there yet?" over and over and over.

Honestly, it's this kind of useless "feedback" which is most depressing to any programmer/developer and is why many companies usually don't tell you *anything* about what they're actually doing until it's almost ready to ship.   DE is a rare and wonderful exception to that rule, and provides so much internal insight into their dev process, and deserves major kudos for what they are doing, instead of people dissing them because they have no patience.

Yup totally agree.

What irritates me is that these people (posts like the OP's) think they are giving really valuable and poignant feedback.

That they are right to feel this way (not considering the fact that this is someone's job - how would they feel if someone was moaning in their face to hurry up and give good quality). 

This is an example of the worst aspects of gamers today - they all think they have a right to moan. Feedback is always merited but this is just entitled whining, given they are even pre reviewing a bit of content that they haven't touched.

Hysterical and infuriating as usual.

23 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Railjack will let you down more. I get the feeling that it is Archwing 2.0. Looks interesting on paper, but after doing it a couple of times, you'll realize that it is a repetitive and boring task that you'll never want to do again.

Unless they make it challenging and rewarding but then, what is actually challenging and rewarding in this game ? 

Actually i thought it was strangely convenient that star child was taking a dive after the lawsuit but then magically rail jack gets announced

56 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful or judge it before launch but with the confirmed content coming I'm a bit disappointed that some of the stuff that has been in development for a while isn't being included such as

- railjack

- Melee 3.0

- two handed nikana

There's a few others but these are the main ones that i was very much looking forward to. Fortuna is looking to be super awesome but i do wish that they had finished some of the smaller projects.

Find something better to do.

There are less hypocritical ways to reduce your expectations.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

Yup totally agree.

What irritates me is that these people (posts like the OP's) think they are giving really valuable and poignant feedback.

That they are right to feel this way (not considering the fact that this is someone's job - how would they feel if someone was moaning in their face to hurry up and give good quality). 

This is an example of the worst aspects of gamers today - they all think they have a right to moan. Feedback is always merited but this is just entitled whining, given they are even pre reviewing a bit of content that they haven't touched.

Hysterical and infuriating as usual.

😕 simply wanting long awaited content to be release along side a large update whoms resources have lead to a year long heavy content drought that was poorly supplemented but endless missions isn't a lot to ask for.

This year has really only introduced mastery fodder to keep us buying forma, I've seen a lot teased in dev streams but not much to show for it other then a sound rework

And ig umbra that took arguably far to long in the first place

Edited by Ragnarok160

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

😕 simply wanting long awaited content to be release along side a large update whoms resources have lead to a year long heavy content drought that was poorly supplemented but endless missions isn't a lot to ask for.

This year has really only introduced mastery fodder to keep us buying forma, I've seen a lot teased in dev streams but not much to show for it other then a sound rework

And ig umbra that took arguably far to long in the first place

Simple question - why have you titled your thread this way?

How do you know it's a let down? Did DE ask you in to come play it?

1 hour ago, Ragnarok160 said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful or judge it before launch but with the confirmed content coming I'm a bit disappointed that some of the stuff that has been in development for a while isn't being included such as

- railjack

Railjack was never ever going to be part of fortuna, The fact that they got the railjack demo ready for Tennocon was a miracle of hard work and smoke an mirrors.

Railjack is the _next_ big thing, sometime after Fortuna, the only connection with Fortuna was That they were shown after each other at Tennocon.

Just now, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

Simple question - why have you titled your thread this way?

How do you know it's a let down? Did DE ask you in to come play it?

Because i my expectations were that fortuna would be yet a momentous turning point in how we play warframe.

In the second part of the post i said that its looking to be awesome. I'm in no way saying that i won't enjoy it, i loved POE and I'm very sure ill enjoy fortuna as well but simply saying that i had wish that long teased content had made it in for some reason has people flaming me

Just now, SilentMobius said:

Railjack was never ever going to be part of fortuna, The fact that they got the railjack demo ready for Tennocon was a miracle of hard work and smoke an mirrors.

Railjack is the _next_ big thing, sometime after Fortuna, the only connection with Fortuna was That they were shown after each other at Tennocon.

Very ture but it was still an asked question when it was announced, indeed they did douse that before it release but i still would have liked to see it make it in and now that fortuna is so close i do wish it had made it in

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Because i my expectations were that fortuna would be yet a momentous turning point in how we play warframe.

In the second part of the post i said that its looking to be awesome. I'm in no way saying that i won't enjoy it, i loved POE and I'm very sure ill enjoy fortuna as well but simply saying that i had wish that long teased content had made it in for some reason has people flaming me

I apologise if I came across as 'flaming you'.

I'm sure you'll love it when it comes out man.

Just now, ChaosSabre said:

Only thing bout fortuna update that made me go eh were the new mods that are gonna be introduced with it. They are kinda really bad.

I haven't looked at the specifics of what each one does but the set bonuses don't seem appealing and unless they ar3 better then the base mods i probably won't use them

8 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Only thing bout fortuna update that made me go eh were the new mods that are gonna be introduced with it. They are kinda really bad.

What do the new mods even do / where were they mentioned? I've only seen their names in passing.

edit: Oh snap I forgot about the hype page.

Edited by BansheePrime

I am also getting a bit antsy for Railjack and Melee 3.0 to launch - but it's because it looks like it will be some really great new content.😉

Fortuna also looks like some new great content - so we will just have to play Fortuna in the meantime until these next great content updates arrives.😉

- railjack

- Melee 3.0

- two handed nikana

There's a few others but these are the main ones that i was very much looking forward to. Fortuna is looking to be super awesome but i do wish that they had finished some of the smaller projects.

Railjack was never said to be part of Fortuna though, so that is all on you. It was simply showed in connection to Fortuna when they gave us the sneak peak. They barely managed to have the sneak peak demo ready at the time either and were about to scrap it, but manage to get it in shape just the night before the demo show.

Melee 3.0 was also never said to come with Fortuna and the nikana was said to come with 3.0. That is also on you really if you expected things that were never said to be tied with this update.

No reason to hold back Fortuna just to have it release with 3.0 and it isnt like Fortuna has delayed 3.0 either. Different teams work on different things.

And again, we have it here -- Fortuna isn't actually the "let down".   It's not the problem.   It's your expectations which are the problem.   Saying Fortuna is a let down in the title is basically flaming click-bait which doesn't actually say what you mean and is saying something negative about a product which isn't even released yet.

Had you posted a more constructive version - titled "Things I wish we were getting with Fortuna", you probably wouldn't have been given so much grief about being entitled and whiny, but instead you posted this.   You shouldn't be surprised when people point it out.