Feature request: support TOTP (e.g. Google Authenticator) for 2FA

imax9000

How often is the 2FA triggered that you are bothered by a delayed email?

It should only happen if you are constantly playing from different locations. If it asked for it every time you logged in, sure, have an authenticator app handle it, but not if it happens only a few times ever.

21 hours ago, peterc3 said:

How often is the 2FA triggered that you are bothered by a delayed email?

It should only happen if you are constantly playing from different locations. If it asked for it every time you logged in, sure, have an authenticator app handle it, but not if it happens only a few times ever.

I've only enabled it yesterday and had to wait twice: once for the game on my PC, second time for Android app. To be fair, most of the delay is due to the way how my email is set up. But still, sending codes over email is inferior to TOTP in almost every way (especially security-wise).

3 hours ago, thatimax said:

I've only enabled it yesterday and had to wait twice: once for the game on my PC, second time for Android app.

Those two times are potentially the only two times you will ever have the need to get a code. If the game was constantly asking for them, sure, it would be wise to have the players get their own codes and it would probably already be the case.