Some issues with the (new) gear menu.

AthosTheGiant

Even-though the new gear menu is supposed to help with the increasing gear items, it does not have a proper organizing system in my experience. I'll just get to the point -

• Issue with Quick access. I'm sure some of us use num pad keys in one way or another to quickly access some of the gears. When one of the gear runs out, it's thrown out of the gear menu and the next item takes its place which makes it hard to keep track of items for quick access.
  • No item swapping or adding item within sequence. Another issue that is tied to gear running out and organizing gear menu is that items can't swap position or add within existing sequence. Its very disturbing when a gear runs out and you need to reorganize like half the gear menu instead of just swapping or adding the item in place.

Some QoL would like these would be nice -

• Big menu difficult to search through. If the item slot numbers were near the icon of the item instead of at the center, it would be really nice. Here is an example, AAwJFT3.jpg
  • Menu state not resetting after going through some item. After going through the menu with at-least one full rotation and closing, bringing it back again keeps it at previous position. This could use more of a QoL change by giving us an option to whether it should be reset to initial position or not. Not resetting is mostly useful for very big gear menu, for small or moderate sized menu its not particularly useful.

To be clear, the QoL requests can wait, but please address the top issues and thanks for making such a great game, kept me busy for over a year now. 😅

6 minutes ago, AthosTheGiant said:

No item swapping or adding item within sequence. Another issue that is tied to gear running out and organizing gear menu is that items can't swap position or add within existing sequence. Its very disturbing when a gear runs out and you need to reorganize like half the gear menu instead of just swapping or adding the item in place.

I would love for gear to stay where I put it, i.e. if my №5 runs out I want my №6 to stay in a 6th position, not drop down to fill in a now empty slot. I have hotkeys setup as they make sense to me, I don't want to rebind and memorize them all just to avoid swapping everything around every time I use up my apothics/dragon keys etc.