Idea for a type of weapon (Please hear me out DE)

XxSpeQtrumxX

Hi DE!

First, I am posting this in 2 different areas on here, since I'm unsure which is the right location. I my self am quite the fan of "mage" style classes. Now with warframe, some of the abilities the warframes have feel almost "mage-like". Set aside from being a robotic-ish space ninja, you're also sort of a mage. So here is my idea...

Weapon Slot - Primary

Weapon model - 2 Handed "Staff"

Weapon Varity - 4 Different staves, each one corresponding to a specific modifier (Strength, Duration, Efficiency, and Range)

Damage - Zero, not usable as a "weapon". Hold to utilize the effect of the staff

Effect - While holding this staff, the corresponding modifier is increased by a pre-determined amount

Idea - So make a staff style weapon that is used specifically for enhancing our warframes abilities, but not usable as a damage weapon. My idea was 1%/2 ranks of staff. So at rank 1 it's only bestowing a 1% bonus to appropriate modifier. At rank 30, it would bestow a 15% bonus. Also, you could make the bonus go in mathematically after everything else. Meaning, if you have 200% range, the staff would make your new total 215% (at rank 30), not 230%. Also, this effect would only stay in effect as long as this is the currently held weapon. Meaning if you were to switch to your melee or secondary, the bonus would be removed until the staff is brought back out. 

Personally, I feel this would make some more interesting build idea's. Players could really focus on the skills of the warframe, while at the same time giving up a lot of potential damage by holding a non damaging weapon, it might help in keeping this balanced. Also, this could easily be lore friendly. Considering our Tenno's are virtually space wizards the staves could be powered by the void (crafting requiring parts found in the void), or mechanical in nature by interfacing with the warframe it's self to "overclock" the frame.

Regardless, thank you for taking time to read this idea, hopefully this is fairly an original idea!

EDIT - Moved to Fan Concepts page

Edited by XxSpeQtrumxX

Hi DE!

First, I am posting this in 2 different areas on here, since I'm unsure which is the right location. I my self am quite the fan of "mage" style classes. Now with warframe, some of the abilities the warframes have feel almost "mage-like". Set aside from being a robotic-ish space ninja, you're also sort of a mage. So here is my idea...

Weapon Slot - Primary

Weapon model - 2 Handed "Staff"

Weapon Varity - 4 Different staves, each one corresponding to a specific modifier (Strength, Duration, Efficiency, and Range)

Damage - Zero, not usable as a "weapon". Hold to utilize the effect of the staff

Effect - While holding this staff, the corresponding modifier is increased by a pre-determined amount

Idea - So make a staff style weapon that is used specifically for enhancing our warframes abilities, but not usable as a damage weapon. My idea was 1%/2 ranks of staff. So at rank 1 it's only bestowing a 1% bonus to appropriate modifier. At rank 30, it would bestow a 15% bonus. Also, you could make the bonus go in mathematically after everything else. Meaning, if you have 200% range, the staff would make your new total 215% (at rank 30), not 230%. Also, this effect would only stay in effect as long as this is the currently held weapon. Meaning if you were to switch to your melee or secondary, the bonus would be removed until the staff is brought back out. 

Personally, I feel this would make some more interesting build idea's. Players could really focus on the skills of the warframe, while at the same time giving up a lot of potential damage by holding a non damaging weapon, it might help in keeping this balanced. Also, this could easily be lore friendly. Considering our Tenno's are virtually space wizards the staves could be powered by the void (crafting requiring parts found in the void), or mechanical in nature by interfacing with the warframe it's self to "overclock" the frame.

Regardless, thank you for taking time to read this idea, hopefully this is fairly an original idea!

EDIT - Moved to Fan Concepts page

Edited by XxSpeQtrumxX

Hi DE!

Weapon Slot - Primary

Weapon model - 2 Handed "Staff"

Weapon Varity - 4 Different staves, each one corresponding to a specific modifier (Strength, Duration, Efficiency, and Range)

Damage - Zero, not usable as a "weapon". Hold to utilize the effect of the staff

Effect - While holding this staff, the corresponding modifier is increased by a pre-determined amount

Idea - So make a staff style weapon that is used specifically for enhancing our warframes abilities, but not usable as a damage weapon. My idea was 1%/2 ranks of staff. So at rank 1 it's only bestowing a 1% bonus to appropriate modifier. At rank 30, it would bestow a 15% bonus. Also, you could make the bonus go in mathematically after everything else. Meaning, if you have 200% range, the staff would make your new total 215% (at rank 30), not 230%. Also, this effect would only stay in effect as long as this is the currently held weapon. Meaning if you were to switch to your melee or secondary, the bonus would be removed until the staff is brought back out. 

Edit - If the staff doing zero damage makes this idea pointless, making it similar to the Javlok is also an option, because that is the definition of a staff weapon (if comparing to a "mage" style of gameplay)

Edit 2 - Another idea is make the bonus a passive just for having it equipped, but keep the damage zero. This way, players could still use their secondary or melee weapons but still benefit from the staff as to not stop ALL their damage. Keep the ability to hold the staff though for aesthetic purposes so you can prance around like the robotic space ninja wizard that your are

Edited by XxSpeQtrumxX

My idea does seem a bit situational. A practical use though for this could be when a Trinity is being used purely for the EV, that player could opt to use this staff for more bonus to make the job easier when all you can do is spam 2 over and over. Other option could be if an atlas feels like going on a one punch man spree, they could use the staff for more strength or efficiency. I know there are more, but these are the quickest 2 that came to mind

Hi DE!

I my self am quite the fan of "mage" style classes. Now with warframe, some of the abilities the warframes have feel almost "mage-like". Set aside from being a robotic-ish space ninja, you're also sort of a mage. So here is my idea...

Weapon Slot - Primary

Weapon model - 2 Handed "Staff"

Weapon Varity - 4 Different staves, each one corresponding to a specific modifier (Strength, Duration, Efficiency, and Range)

Damage - Zero, not usable as a "weapon". Hold to utilize the effect of the staff

Effect - While holding this staff, the corresponding modifier is increased by a pre-determined amount

Idea - So make a staff style weapon that is used specifically for enhancing our warframes abilities, but not usable as a damage weapon. My idea was 1%/2 ranks of staff. So at rank 1 it's only bestowing a 1% bonus to appropriate modifier. At rank 30, it would bestow a 15% bonus. Also, you could make the bonus go in mathematically after everything else. Meaning, if you have 200% range, the staff would make your new total 215% (at rank 30), not 230%. Also, this effect would only stay in effect as long as this is the currently held weapon. Meaning if you were to switch to your melee or secondary, the bonus would be removed until the staff is brought back out. 

If the staff doing zero damage makes this idea pointless, making it similar to the Javlok is also an option, because that is the definition of a staff weapon (if comparing to a "mage" style of gameplay)

Another idea is make the bonus a passive just for having it equipped, but keep the damage zero. This way, players could still use their secondary or melee weapons but still benefit from the staff as to not stop ALL their damage. Keep the ability to hold the staff though for aesthetic purposes so you can prance around like the robotic space ninja wizard that your are