Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible improvements and ideas for PoE, OV and Deimos (last addition: Review of Deimos)

DreisterDino

Hello again 😄

with my last Bounty-Mission suggestion i tried to deviate from the usual "kill something" or "defend something" tasks a bit.

The following Bounty suggestion is trying to do the same (ofc there is still killing involved aswell as some defending, but with some twists).

Zitat

Hostage Taker:

• the tasks is to find 3 targets in a horde of enemies that we have to take hostage (dont kill them!)
  • this can take place in open field but also in caves or the facilities

• as soon as they appear alongside the other enemies, they get marked with a red waypoint
  • they are vulnerable, this means we have to make sure that we dont kill them (use abilities and AoE-Weapons with caution!)
  • instead, we have to shoot them with our tranq-rifle
  • once they are put to sleep, they become vulnerable to enemy damage and will draw aggro
  • we have to defend them for a short period of time (~30 seconds) until they get picked up by a dropship or something (seeing our Orbiter fly in would be cool^^)

• only one of the targets appears at a time
  • we have to take at least 1 target hostage to succeed the mission (like in a normal Spy for example)
  • the bonus bounty reward could be "take all 3 targets hostage"

I think this could be a fun variation because we cannot simply kill everything but instead have to be careful about what we do.

A funny thing is that for vets, the low-level version of this bounty might be even harder than the high-level version because we kill even faster there 😁

Besides that, the tranq-rifle needs to be handed out to all players when they first visit one of the OpenWorlds so everyone can do this mission.

12 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

remove open worlds from Warframe, focus on core gameplay again. there. PoE and Fortuna fixed.

Then expect people who liked Open Worlds (like me) to put this game in the bin and never see it again. I expect a huge exodus from Warframe, then again you are likely a troll so I won’t respond further.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

(like me)

that's ok. bye.

I like open worlds, but Warframe's are empty, meaningless, disconnected from the rest of the game and from the usual gameplay. and instead of fixing them DE keeps abandoning them for new ones that will be just as empty again

Am 16.8.2019 um 09:36 schrieb Rawbeard:

that's ok. bye.

I like open worlds, but Warframe's are empty, meaningless, disconnected from the rest of the game and from the usual gameplay. and instead of fixing them DE keeps abandoning them for new ones that will be just as empty again

Those are exactly the points i am trying to adress with this topic...

We both know deleting the OpenWorlds will never happen (i dont think i even have to explain why).

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

We both know deleting the OpenWorlds will never happen

other gamemodes have been abandoned and removed, so I will not give up hope. DE clearly has no interest finishing what they started with PoE, and Fortuna seemed to always be intended to be a barren wasteland that nags you with rando enemy spawns. these things have no future, trying to salvage them is throwing good money after bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 29.8.2019 um 14:16 schrieb Kaggelos:

I agree so much with this idea. It would be great to implement those changes into the open world environments of the game. Kudos to you good sir ^^

Thanks man, i would be happy aswell if they implement just a few of those ideas...

Imo the most important thing is adding Bounty-Variation, but making the Outposts more meaningful could really boost the OpenWorlds imo.

Anyway, i still need to post my idea for a "Endgame"-Thumper Boss, but its not ready to post yet^^

• 4 weeks later...

9bG140g.jpg

Walking Fortress Thumper

General Conditions:

• no operator mechanics (we cannot use our operator within a 100m radius of the Thumper)
  • no invulnerability phases (the thumper can be damaged at all times)
  • no AoE-abilities - strong attacks instead which might be deadly but...
  • all attacks will have audio-cues and good visibility
  • all attacks can be evaded with good Movement and Timing or Squad Coordination
  • large EHP and DamageOutput
  • huge size and slow movement
  • 3 permanent weakpoints + 3 different temporary weakpoints (those get triggered by hitting the weakpoints a lot and are connected to special attacks)

• "adaptive difficulty": "are you really good at Parcour/Aiming and have no problem with hitting the weakpoints all the time? Prepare for lots special attacks against you! Are you still learning and having problems hitting the weakpoints? It will take longer to take the Thumper down but you will face far less special attacks." Besides that, the strength and numbers of the support calls we will face during this bossfight might depend on our overall DPS.

The Thumper

It will have 4 ways of attacking us/protecting itself:

1. Mounted Turrets (can be destroyed)
  2. Rocket launchers (can not be destroyed)
  3. special attacks (triggered)
  4. calling support (triggered)

1. Mounted Turrets:

There will be 6 Turrets mounted onto arms which can move indepently a little and can be destroyed.

They can be compared to the usual Turrets you can find on the Plains of Eidolon.

Zitat
  • 4x akkalak (Minigun)
  • 2x vruush (antiair)
  • bigger HP and Damage than the usual Turrets
  • but once they are destroyed they are gone and wont respawn
  • taking them down should be the players priority when starting the fight
  • their HP doesnt count to the Thumpers HP, so its optional to take them down

2. Rocket Launchers:

Unlike the Turrets, the Rocket launchers can not be destroyed and will constantly attack us.

There will be 3 different types of rockets - every x seconds one randomly selected type will get launched.

All rockets can be destroyed mid-air, destroying the largest rockets close to the Thumper will add Bonus Damage for ~5 seconds!

Zitat

Massive Rockets (4x launched at the same time)

• unguided
  • slow travel speed (like the pillars from the orbspider)
  • instant kill in a 30m area
  • emits loud humming in the air and a alarm-syren will announce the rocket when launched

Medium Rockets (8x launched at the same time)

• will target the players when launched, but unguided afterwards
  • medium travel speed
  • instant kill in a 15m area
  • emits smoke-trail and a moderate buzzing

Small Rockets (12 launched at the same time)

• will target the players when launched
  • will follow players but with a huge turn-radius
  • instant kill in a 5m area
  • emits bright light and loud noise

3. Special Attacks:

After a certain amount of hits to the Thumper's weakpoints, these special attacks will get triggered.

While they will be an additional threat they will be a chance to increase our damage at the same time.

Zitat

Stomp

• stomping with a leg will create a shockwave on the ground
  • 270° cone - 10m wide
  • reducing HP of a frame by 50% and stuns for 2 seconds
  • deadly if HP is below 25% when hit
  • legs will have an effect and animation before launching the attack
  • bonus damage if we hit the leg with a Melee weapon up to 3 seconds after the stomp

Release

• will open a gate with a ramp on it's bottom to release a special defense unit
  • 4 Nox + a few random Grineer will rush out and attack us
  • this ramp is open for ~5 seconds
  • the extending ramp will announce this special attack
  • it becomes a temporary weakpoint - hitting the gate while open will add Bonus Damage

Charge

• ~5 charges in a row
  • 1 charge has a range of ~50m
  • drastically increases movement speed
  • will target the player that made the last hit first
  • instant kill when player gets hit
  • drastically increased damage resistance on body
  • drastically increased bonus damage on weakpoints

FireBlast

• The Thumper will launch Fireballs directed at us
  • fast traveltime
  • radius of ~2,5m
  • reduces Health by 50% when our HP is above 50%, deadly if our HP is below 50%
  • shooting through these fireballs will add extra Damage to our projectiles

4. Support Calls

• at 25% / 50% / 75% Damage taken the Thumper calls for support
  • support will consist out of 1 / 2 / 3 Tusk Bolkors + 2 / 4 / 6 Nox + 5 / 10 / 15 Heavy Dargyns (piloted by a Heavy Gunner)
  • we can Hijack a Heavy Dargyn

Ok, thats it for the boss itself, what about the Rewards?

RewardTable:

Important Note: I created this Reward-Table before the recent announcements, so dont blame me for some overlapping 😄

Also, all %-values are more or less "random" and are only there to show a direction.

Anyway, you can check the Table in the Spoiler below.

The general goal is:

• additional possibility to gain standing
  • interesting cosmetics (Sculpture/Sigil)
  • sustainable Rewards we might always want to farm (1-day weapon enhancements)
Spoiler
  • 1,5% Ayatan Treasure you can see at Old Man Suumbaat's store
  • 2,5% Ostron-Kin Sigil (works like any other Syndicate Sigil, can be put on Warframe to collect standing)
  • 3,0% Ostron-Surah Sigil
  • 4,0% Ostron-Trusted Sigil
  • 5,0% Ostron-Visitor Sigil
  • 6,0% Ostron Offworlder Sigil

• 15% 1 day weapon utility-enhancement class I (+ 100% Firerate / + 100 Reload Speed / +100% Magazine Size / + 2m Punch Through / Base Status Chance of 50%)
  • 15% 1 day weapon utility-enhancement class II (Silencer /  Custom Scope (activated on Zoom) / Homing Shot for weapons with traveltime / 3 round burst mode for singleshot weapons / laser sight (blinds enemies within 25m when aiming)

• 20% Rare Gem that can be converted into Ostron-Standing (10k)
  • 30% Rare Ore that can be converted into Ostron Standing (5k)

A weapon can have 1 enhancement from each class equipped at the same time
Enhancements for Melee Weapons might be buyable for standing from Hok for Standing

• 1 month later...

Since Kuva-Liches are out now, i wanna throw in another quick idea.

Like in some ideas before i want to adress the fact that the caves in both OpenWorlds are looking nice,

but at the same time nothing really happens there besides mining and fishing 😉

Suggestion 1: new Mission in caves to farm murmurs

• the new Defense-type Mission we got with the Rising Tides Updates to gather the Railjack components could be added inside of caves
  • starting this mission is optional, you have to press x on something just like in the current version (so you dont run into your Lich when you only want to fish for example)
  • while in the Rising Tides version we cannot fail, in this mission there should be something we have to defend

• starting the Mission will also spawn our Lich and lots of Thralls
  • it shall be a high Risk-Reward, so high level (120 or something), high enemy density, the Lich)
  • when we fail to defend, ofc we dont get the murmurs
  • but when we succeed, we should have something like double the amount of murmurs compared to the other missions
  • Note: this mission should probably be available only once an hour or so because otherwise we could just spam it to try out Mod-combinations due to the forced Lich-Spawn

Suggestion 2: new Riddles in caves

• while the first idea is about fighting and action, this shall be about finding clues in a "calm" way
  • these clues should give direct information about which Mods we need for our Lich and about the order of the Mods
  • since the Parazon Mods have unique Lines and Names, the Riddles should make use of this
  • Note: i imagine real riddles, not something like "scan some rocks 100 times with your codex-scanner" 😛

• 1 month later...

Ok, so this thread is a bit older then a year now, PoE is ~2 years old and OV ~1 year old.

This time, instead of posting new ideas, i want to Recap everything a bit and have a look at the Pro's and Con's.

Lets start with the positive things:

• both OpenWorlds provide Bossfights now which are unique and interesting. While i enjoyed doing Eidolons, i think the Orb Fights are boring (Expploiter Orb, too scripted) or annoying (Profit-Taker-Orb, too many knockdowns) but i acknowledge the fact that others like the Orbs and dislike Eidolons, so there is something for everyone i guess.
  • PoE-Remaster looks good, meaning both OpenWorlds are pretty beautiful (said that about Fortuna 1 year ago already, now PoE catched up)
  • the grind got reduced significantly compared to the first release of PoE, it could be in a good spot if the grind would be more diverse

I cant think of any additions/changes which had a meaningful impact for me.

So lets move on to the negative things:

• OpenWorlds are still disconnect from the rest of the game both in regards to missions, ressources, gameplay. If we look at Point 1, sadly nothing of that got added. And DE wanted to connect everything with Railjack, but that didnt happen aswell and many player criticize that aswell. While SquadLink is in the makings, i have a feeling that it wont achieve what its supposed to do. In case it becomes Incursions 2.0, it will fail (bad rewards, boring missions). I'll wait and see, but it has to be better than that.
  • both OpenWorlds are still lacking variation and nothing has been done to adress that. To this day, all there is in regards to Events is Ghouls, Thermia Fractures and Plague Star, nothing has been added to spice things up a little (Point 2 suggestions: Bosses, Community Events, random environmental Conditions)
  • The OpenWorlds are still lacking OpenWorld activities and dont feel like OpenWorlds. Besides Bounties and Bosses, there isnt really much to do. There are activities like Mining, Fishing, K-Drive-Races or Conservation, which might be fun for some people sometimes, but its not what i expect from a Shooter (under Point 3 are some suggestions)
  • Bounties are still extremly monotonous and too repetitive. I still think we need a lot more variation to make the grind more interesting and fun. In my list of positive things i mentioned the grind reduction, and that "it could be in a good spot if the grind would be more diverse". Right now i dont mind the amount of grind being reduced because its still boring as hell, and the last time i wanted to do Bounties because of Nightwave i Alt-F4'd the game. If just 2 or 3 missions from my suggestions under Point 4 or anything comparable would get added, it would be a huge step already.
  • Outposts and Caves exist, but nothing meaningful happens there. I said it last year, and its still the same: They look great and offer potential for new mission types, but to this day they are not used for interesting activities. If you look at Point 3, there are some suggestions which could add something to them and make them more interesting.

If you would ask me to rate the OpenWorlds, they would still be sitting at a 5/10.

Some things are good, but overall its not many of the issues got addressed and not much has changed over the last 2 years.

I dont know if i will continue to post ideas in 2020 since it seems like DE doesnt agree with these points or dont think its necessary to improve the OpenWorlds.

If they would adress just some of these points, i would be hyped to see a 3rd OpenWorld, but as it stands i dont really want to see another one.

What are the things you like/dislike, and how do you rate the OpenWorlds in their current state?

Speaking as a newish player who is currently rank 3 with both the Ostrons and Solaris United:

Open worlds offer a nice change from the combat and rooms/corridors of most other locations.  In particular I like interacting with vehicles and larger enemies. I'm also a sucker for non-combat activities so being able to rescue animals, go fishing etc. helps break up the constant fighting. That said...

Enjoyment of open world content seems to wear out faster than enjoyment of content elsewhere.  There are several factors which seem to contribute to this:

• Fixed natural terrain. Don't think much can reasonably be done about this directly, but perhaps some large, tactically relevant foliage like the mushrooms in Orb Vallis could still change over time. At regular real time intervals living mushrooms would grow a random amount and also have a weighted random chance to die (higher chance for larger mushrooms), and dead mushrooms have a chance to grow back.
  • Fixed enemy base layouts/locations. Instead of being fixed, bases could be procedurally rebuilt at regular real time intervals. This would help alleviate the issue of fixed natural terrain too, since rebuilt structures would offer some new topology and different base locations would improve the variety of activities that could occur in each part of the map (instead of base missions always occurring at the same spots and non-base missions always occurring elsewhere, locations could support either type of mission depending on where bases are built in the current time interval).
  • Less variety in mission conditions than standard locations, e.g. PoE do have Eidolons at night and Thumpers during the day to shake things up, but standard missions can have fissures/nightmares/invasions/the Stalker/syndicate kill squads/syndicate allies/etc.. Perhaps we could sometimes be offered special bounties which borrow one or more of the aforementioned conditions from outside the open world.
  • It feels like there is less variety in mission objectives. Granted I haven't compared the number of different objectives between open worlds and elsewhere, but somehow it feels this way. Maybe due to the aforementioned factors causing a discrepancy between the variety of obstacles/events that can occur while achieving an objective in an open world vs. elsewhere.

Flying around the landscape in an Archwing feels nice other than the abundance of Archwing-disabling attacks. I understand we shouldn't be able to fly over short-range enemies and bombard them with impunity, but I would prefer fewer enemies to have those anti-air missiles in exchange for some short-range enemies carrying rifles which can damage (but not disable) Archwings.

It would be nice for some aspects of open world gameplay to appear in other locations. Some missions can already include open spaces in their procedurally generated layouts. Such spaces could be used for fighting large mini-bosses like Thumpers or destructible enemy vehicles like Coildrives. It would be nice if these spaces allowed for limited Archwing use as well.

• 1 month later...
Am 31.12.2019 um 08:26 schrieb ImWithDerp:
  • Fixed natural terrain. Don't think much can reasonably be done about this directly, but perhaps some large, tactically relevant foliage like the mushrooms in Orb Vallis could still change over time. At regular real time intervals living mushrooms would grow a random amount and also have a weighted random chance to die (higher chance for larger mushrooms), and dead mushrooms have a chance to grow back.
  • Fixed enemy base layouts/locations. Instead of being fixed, bases could be procedurally rebuilt at regular real time intervals. This would help alleviate the issue of fixed natural terrain too, since rebuilt structures would offer some new topology and different base locations would improve the variety of activities that could occur in each part of the map (instead of base missions always occurring at the same spots and non-base missions always occurring elsewhere, locations could support either type of mission depending on where bases are built in the current time interval).

While this sounds interesting, i think this is simply not possible with the Engine.

And even if its possible, it will take years for them to implement it.

I agree with the problems you mentioned, its just that i think your solutions are not possible.

Zitat
  • Less variety in mission conditions than standard locations, e.g. PoE do have Eidolons at night and Thumpers during the day to shake things up, but standard missions can have fissures/nightmares/invasions/the Stalker/syndicate kill squads/syndicate allies/etc.. Perhaps we could sometimes be offered special bounties which borrow one or more of the aforementioned conditions from outside the open world.
  • It feels like there is less variety in mission objectives. Granted I haven't compared the number of different objectives between open worlds and elsewhere, but somehow it feels this way. Maybe due to the aforementioned factors causing a discrepancy between the variety of obstacles/events that can occur while achieving an objective in an open world vs. elsewhere.

Those points on the other hand are one of the most important problems for me aswell,

The missions are always the same (and most of the Bounty Missions are basically DefenseMissions), and there are no Events or Conditions to keep things fresh (dont even try to mention Ghouls or Fractures at this point 😄). If they cant come up with new Events - at least add more different Bounty Missions and add Conditions like in Sorties.

• 1 month later...

Has been a while since i posted something here,

but i feel like adressing the problems with Squadlink which are noticeable in Scarlet Spear.

Regarding the basic concept, what we have now in Scarlet Spear everything feels kinda meaningless and non-interactive to a point that you most notice it when it doesnt work.

But DE itself once had a good vision about Squadlink but so far failed completly to deliver it.

You can watch the following part from Tennocon 2019, but i will list the most important aspects below:

I think the most important aspects to make Squadlink actually a cool addition are all in there:

• "friends, clanmates, alliances are now gonna be invited" = matchmaking is really a must-have for this in my opinion
  • "connect them to other coop games happening in real time" = this makes sure we can actually plan to work together, right now the real-time aspect is kinda missing
  • "this is not a hard barrier, this is possible without Squadlink, but its more difficult" = This doesnt match with what we have in Scarlet Spear right now because progression is actually stopped for the space-team if they don't get any Killcodes! Make it like it was planned, optional but helpful and with an impact on Gameplay at the same time.

On top of that, the following additions would be really helpful:

• once Squads are linked, they need a Teamchat for all 8 Players
  • also, more information about the progress of the other Team would be really helpful (basic: Status-Bar ; advanced: actual clips of the other team's actions)
  • and again, the actions of the ground team should have real consequences on the Gameplay of the Space-Team (Buff Team, Debuff Enemies, Supplies)

Last but not least, a really advanced version of Squadlink could allow the following:

• once the Squads are linked, the ground Team gets multiple objectives they can chose from
  • each objective provides different Buffs/Debuffs/Supplies
  • The Space Team can make requests via the Teamchat on what they want the Ground Team to do first - this adds a tactical dimension to it
  • They could also set Waypoints for the Ground Team on a Tactical Map

Maybe i will add ideas for specific missions and buffs/debuffs at some point, but for now this is all i want to say.

Recently a friend of mine started playing. And regarding the plains, there's a few things that have rubbed me the wrong way for a long time now.

So I suggest a different instance of PoE, where it is more like old plains. For beginners.

The plains as they are right now are like Vietnam to a private sent there. That hasn't always been the case and I'm glad I managed to "finish" most of the content before those changes.
New players (and possible paying customers) don't have that chance.

Every three minutes, there's the thumpers, you get rid of dropped Grineer (that impact down from their turret-flaring ships like bombs) only to have the same situation back in a few steps, the rocket launchers from the camps have and insane range, too, and the Dargyn are doing the rest.
All of this combined with the fast rotation, makes it nigh impossible for a newbie to just stand still and enjoy the scenery for a minute, fish, do conservation, mine etc.
I'm under the impression, that by reducing the day/night cycle, DE compressed the amount of enemies worth three hours into one!
You don't get a breather, there's just constantly hell unleashed around you, which is just sad. I try to make it bearable by accompanying my friend and taking care of threats as fast as I can. Still, it is stressing. Even for me! Even with my rank, weapons, mods... It is not the difficulty ruining the experience, it is the enemy density and the frequency of events.

Even I find myself going to the plains much less often, though they are my favourite place to be. At least they used to. I love the water, the forests and wildlife and how the fog comes rolling in. I'm really hoping something can be done about my suggestion. If this is not the right place to post, let me know.

Am 2.4.2020 um 02:45 schrieb Silescere:

Recently a friend of mine started playing. And regarding the plains, there's a few things that have rubbed me the wrong way for a long time now.

So I suggest a different instance of PoE, where it is more like old plains. For beginners.

The plains as they are right now are like Vietnam to a private sent there. That hasn't always been the case and I'm glad I managed to "finish" most of the content before those changes.
New players (and possible paying customers) don't have that chance.

Every three minutes, there's the thumpers, you get rid of dropped Grineer (that impact down from their turret-flaring ships like bombs) only to have the same situation back in a few steps, the rocket launchers from the camps have and insane range, too, and the Dargyn are doing the rest.
All of this combined with the fast rotation, makes it nigh impossible for a newbie to just stand still and enjoy the scenery for a minute, fish, do conservation, mine etc. [...]

Well, if i remember correctly, players already complained about this when the Plains got released, but with the addition of Thumpers/Dargyns etc the issue might just have become bigger. What i mean is that there have always been enemies annoying you when you just wanted to fish or mine or something like that.

I dont know if we really need a new instance, afterall Free roam exists.

I think they could simply make free roam a little more relaxed again with the following changes:

• remove Thumpers from Free roam (make them a Bounty you can either start in Cetus or directly in the Plains)
  • make it so that Grineer are only sitting in their Bases and will only attack you if you attack them or come too close (i wouldnt remove all enemies in free roam, that would be too boring even for a new player i guess - i think its fine that you have to kill a few enemies to get to good mining spots for example)
  • that way, if you didnt draw aggro you will be left alone when you are fishing on the oceanside for example (i think currently enemies are coming for you with transport ships when you are fishing even though you didnt attack or came close to anyone before)

As someone who played this game for quiet some time having all the good gear dealing with those enemies isnt too much of a problem,

but i can totally see new players struggling with all of this (and while vets have no problem dealing with it, it can still be annoying).

Eventhough you seem quite passionate about this topic I don´t think we can expect this much.

Pretty much anything from enemy spawning behaviour and missions acquisition to persistence boils down to network structure. Apparently there server system simply does´t support this magnitude of interaction. In the end "open worlds" are pretty much just standard missions. Sure they are bigger but work the same way and have the same limitations. Even the most basic things like interacting with objects or operator mode breaks very easily when there is too much going on.

I´d love to see some kind of shared world behaviour and persistence but at the same time I´m pretty sure the bulk of bugs and other issues like host migrations is a the result of the instable nature of this host client system. You can´t just slap more and more stuff into it and hope it doesn´t break.

Am 6.4.2020 um 08:44 schrieb Arcira:

Eventhough you seem quite passionate about this topic I don´t think we can expect this much.

Pretty much anything from enemy spawning behaviour and missions acquisition to persistence boils down to network structure. Apparently there server system simply does´t support this magnitude of interaction. In the end "open worlds" are pretty much just standard missions. Sure they are bigger but work the same way and have the same limitations. Even the most basic things like interacting with objects or operator mode breaks very easily when there is too much going on.

I´d love to see some kind of shared world behaviour and persistence but at the same time I´m pretty sure the bulk of bugs and other issues like host migrations is a the result of the instable nature of this host client system. You can´t just slap more and more stuff into it and hope it doesn´t break.

Well, ofc you are right that they cant just add just anything to the OpenWorlds, i am aware that Warframe has different limitations as some big triple A games which focuse exclusively on Open Worlds. Besides that, i would never expect them to add everything i posted in this topic, afterall i am posting here for well over a year now. This should be just seen as a collection of ideas and it would be nice already if just one of these points gets adressed in some way or another at some point.

While some of them might be really complicated to add (like persistent Outposts or certain Missions/Bosses) a lot of other ideas should be doable. New Bountymission types or a Sortie level Bounty for example are just variations of existing mechanics which shouldnt be too hard to implement (i am not saying it doesnt need time to balance and finetune those things, but at least technical limitations shouldn't be a factor)

Am 5.4.2020 um 11:15 schrieb DreisterDino:

I dont know if we really need a new instance, afterall Free roam exists.

While going in without a bounty won't solve sh't, your suggestions would make it easier for starters. And much more relaxing for me as "bodyguard" and "newbie guide".^^
Yes, you think correctly, they come for you even at the furthermost coastline.
That aside... I never stated, that old plains were free of disturbance (I've been there, ty very much), but they weren't as...full.
Back when all the PoE changes started, I also was against the removal of reusable bps. That was my main gripe and I still find it unfair for starters. Too bad some changes weren't taken care of and reverted.

• 4 weeks later...

This time, i want to suggest another endless mission for Open Worlds.

Its a bit like Excavation, and the inspiration comes from a @Rahetalius Video.

I dont agree with every point he makes, but in general i think he has some good points.

Open World excavation

The Basics:

• you start the Mission at Konzu like you start Bounties or the Eidolon hunts
  • its an endless mission where enemies get stronger over time and rewards get better over time
  • its the players choice where to place the excavators, there are no waypoints that tell you where to go
  • no powercell-mechanic in this excavation, but lots of enemies (as much as in ESO or even more) with special units after you are in for some time (Raknoids, Bolkors, Ghouls, etc)
  • Rewards are handed out every x minutes

The Gameplay:

• The Players enter the OpenWorld and then look for a place they want to place the Excavator
  • this adds a tactical dimension since you can think about finding the best places to defend it
  • once you place it, the enemies start spawning and trying to destroy it
  • your job is to keep it alive and running as long as you want
  • you can end the mission at the end of each rotation

Bonus Thoughts about Excavator-Placement:

• the rewards could be different depending on where you place it (on land, close to ponds, near the coast, on mountains, in caves)
  • when you want to leave the mission, you might need to bring the ressources home to the Gate/Elevator
  • this could be similiar to the "escort the drone" Bounty-Mission
  • if thats the case, the amount of rewards and the difficulty could vary depending on how far away from the gate you are
  • if the drone gets destroyed, this doesnt mean you lose all rewards! the destroyed drone drops loot like enemies, but a certain amount will be lost

The Rewards:

• you should get Standing (Ostron/Solaris United) - this is independent from the rewards you "dig out" and matches the amount you would get in Bounties in that time
  • Cryotic
  • Relics
  • ressources which can be found on either Earth or Venus or PoE/Fortuna - but this drop would be rare
  • the rarest drop could be a zaw or kitgun part (maybe even from plaguestar)  - it would make sense that you "dig out" something like that
  • we could even be able to find Railjack-Components as a legendary drop

• about the scaling part, relics could come upgraded after some time (first upgrade after 20 minutes, second after 40 minutes, third after 60 minutes)
  • the chance of getting a zaw or kitgun part or Railjack component could slightly increase over time
  • amount of ressources slightly increases (like in Fissure Missions for example)

• 1 month later...

9dtshah.jpg

Hey,

this is an idea for an Event which takes place in either Cetus or Fortuna itself.
It has been on my mind for some time now that i would love to play in these areas and i think they could be great Tilesets both in their own unique way.

Maybe you remember the "The Pyrus Project" Event in which we had to rebuild the Strata Relay in 2018.
I really enjoyed fighting on the Relay itself - it was interesting and memorable getting inside to do a mission
in a place you have visited many times before for different reasons like visiting NPC's, trading etc.

Extra Thoughts on this aspect:

Spoiler

If you ask me, there are not many places in the game that would be better suited for an Event like this than Cetus/Fortuna.
Fortuna should really put a focus on the existing verticality with putting objectives in many different heights while Cetus could be a mix of close quarters (in the settlement) and ranged gameplay (in front of the tower, on the hills next to Cetus).
It has the potential to offer gameplay which is slightly different from everything in the game so far.

To emphasize this even more, it could be possible to include mechanics that restrict the use of our abilities like in ESO.
Meaning the gameplay is shifting a bit more into the "Shooter"-categeory, which at least in an Event like this could be really enjoyable.

Anyway, i made a rough concept about how this Event could look like.
This is just an idea, and in the end i am pretty sure i would be happy about any kind of mission just for the experience.

Background Story:

The Grineer/Corpus want to capture/exterminate the NPC's from Cetus/Fortuna since they have been harming them for quiet some time with our help.
Npc's will escape to the Orokin Tower in Cetus or some hidden ventroom in Fortuna. From there, we can start the mission.

1. when entering Cetus/Fortuna we have to make sure communication to the HQ is working
2. defend the stores from getting looted by the enemies
3. hold those points to reduce enemy spawns and push them back
4. exile all enemies back to the Plains/Orb Vallis

Mission Structure:

1. Defense at the start (defend target: communication satellite) 2 minutes 30
2. Mob Def switching between the stores of the NPC's (3 times)
3. Interception on 4 randomly selected points from a huge pre-selection
4. Pushback (new gamemode)

- enemies only spawn at the Gate/Elevator (in big masses)
- the is a frontline which has to be pushed towards the Gate/Elevator in 5 Minutes
- if we kill enough enemies, it gets closer to the gate, if we dont kill enough it goes backwards

Thats it already, i think it really doesnt need to be too complicated, just some basic mission in a cool environment will be fun enough. Like mentioned in the Spoiler, i think restricing the use of our Warframe Abilities like in ESO for example could benefit the gameplay on these Tiles in a positive way.

If you look at this image, just imagine the vertical gameplay which could be possible:

Div6oxJ.jpg

Or defending a target placed directly in front of the tower while starting to recapture Cetus:

nN9OSt6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a little thing for the Steel Path Bounties on all 3 Open Worlds:

I think the rarest Reward should be Steel Essence.

Maybe there could be slight variations for the other Rewards aswell, but this would be a welcome change already.

Other "Essence-Farms" would still be a lot more effective, but at least you have a slightly bigger chance on it in Bounties aswell.

• 3 months later...

The year 2020 comes to an end, and i feel like making a quick Review about the small changes/additions that came with the heart of Deimos.

Pros:

• Visually, that Open World once again looks good, nothing to complain about it here although i personally wasnt sure about it at first
  • Token system for standing in general is an improvement since you cannot "waste" standing anymore
  • alternative ways to gather ressources like fish/gems via those "Void-Towers" is great since many people dont like those sideactivities
  • regarding Hunting, i also like that you can find animals just by travelling the Open World, i always hated the Hunting-Minigame, even though you seem to have improved the visibility of the path now. I would like if you continue this route and make more of the animals roam the Open Worlds - this would make the Open Worlds feel more natural and actually encourages really travelling around and looking for stuff instead of just rushing from 1 waypoint to another.
  • I never played the ISO-Vault Bounties until the recent Event, but they are a nice addition and fun from time to time
  • the grind in general feels fair, i didnt play too much in Deimos, but still i managed to get everything i actually care for at the moment

Cons:

• i have to mention the Token system here aswell... why? While this system has its positive aspects, the micro-management of ressources, traveling from one NPC to another, all the clicking you have to do to convert your ressources into standing and or tokens can get a little annoying. Combined with all those time-restriced offers, players might feel like they constantly have to visit all the NPC's to keep trading and keep track of what is available. This might not sound too bad for one Open World, but we have 2 other Open Worlds and a 4th coming, and when all of these get this system there is way too much micro-management the player has to do. And it doesnt end there, there are even more time-restricted offers from vendors and time restricted gamemodes so this could easily get out of hand and waste a lot of the players time while triggering FOMO.
  • i might sound like a broken record at this point, and i see that you at least tried to come up with some new Bountys, but once again it lacks variation and gets boring quickly. Once again, it feels like Mobile Defense after Mobile Defense after Mobile Defense (there are exceptions, but in general this is still true). I still believe there are more divers options for Bountys, like my examples in the OP suggest.
  • i also have some minor complaints about the Bounty-Droptables...i mean who in the world thought adding Ayatan Stars was a good idea??? First, its simply a bad reward in relation to your time and second, you dont really need it for anything Open-World related so it doesnt really fit the theme. And then we have stuff like the Qassus-Blueprint as a rare reward with a 43% drop chance on the final stage for an item you only need once! Like i said, i didnt play too much, but i already got 20+ of those Blueprints lying around. This really shouldnt be the case, the rare reward on the final Stage of a Tier5 Bounty simply shouldnt be completly unusable after the first time you get it. Every reward would be better, for example a decent amount of the really rare fish ressources or rare gems/ores, rare weakend Wildlife you can then make a companion with or stuff like that.

Wishes:

• keep the Token system and expand it to the other Open Worlds, but work on it and make sure it doesnt become a micro-management nightmare.
  • add stuff like the ISO-Vaults to the other Open Worlds, like i suggested a long time ago: finally use the well designed caves in PoE and OV.
  • rework the Bounty-Droptables and add keep adding more diverse Bounty Objectives
  • keep adding alternative ways of gathering fish/gems/Wildlife to all Open Worlds
  • finally, a cool Boss fight with Fass and Vome would be interesting, maybe including the Mechs this time instead of Operators.

• 8 months later...

Lately we got standard missions like Survival in Railjack, and with that some changes to reactant pickup, which is shared among players in Void Storms.

So, is there a possibility that we get standard fissure missions in Open Worlds?

Reactant pickups have been the only point which came up as a reason for why this wouldn't work, but this would be fixed with this.

I cant be the only one who would love to play endless Survival, Excavation, Interception or Defense (with objectives moving around the map) in the Open Worlds 😏 And like i said in the OP, this would make Open Worlds more relevant and would give Players who enjoy the Open Worlds a reason to come back again and again even after they are done farming whatever the Open Worlds have to offer.

Archived