Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you reliably find pub matches?

Lewtenant

I've run NA at a 300 ping limit and find matches maybe after 6 attempts of starting up an annihilation match. If I can't find a match I load into the host menu where I'm finding other players. Waiting there indefinitely doesn't seem to find matches, even though there are matches going on that aren't at max capacity. 

Example: I finally get into a public match and was steamrolled by some guy with great mechanics. I was in a group of 3, and then left to change loadout between matches. I jump back into matchmaking and am put back into host mode. I got reinvited by one of the players and was able to rejoin that active match. The matchmaking settings weren't restricted to invite only, why didn't the game pipe me into this match automatically?

I read that swapping rejoin can increase likelihood of finding games but I don't want to deal with atrocious ping in a PVP mode. Please let me know your experience and your tips for this system. Also is there a beginner guide write up for conclave?

Edited by Lewtenant
tag

2 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

Also is there a beginner guide write up for conclave?

If you are asking this question: I have to ask, are you playing with Training mode on or off?

• You lose access if you level up a couple of times in Conclave.

As this could be the entire issue here, it is important. A match can be started with it off, and if you have it on you cannot join without an invite.

4 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

300 ping limit

The ping limit is almost entirely irrelevant to anything. It wont stop you getting high ping matches. I am set to 300, and I still get 1.2k ping games. Because the limit looks "at time of attempted connection". This could also be an issue.

2 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

conclave might take way more than that

Conclave can have people join in mid match which is different than these competitive games like Rainbow 6 and competitive OW. If there are matches not at capacity (which I knew there were), what is wrong with matchmaking that I can't join a match in progress? I don't care if it's for the last 2 seconds of the match, as long as I can stick with that group for the next one.

1 minute ago, Lewtenant said:

I just reached hurricane rank. I'm just garbage.

That means conditioning is off. If people are playing in groups where the leader had conditioning on, you cannot join. The thing I saw on this was "people are too good out of conditioning, so why bother ranking up?"

• Conditioning is removed when you hit "Tempest" rank. You can check and see if the host is below this or not. It would at least tell you if that was the problem.

4 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

The host was at least hurricane. He had the ice bullet jump effect.

That could easily have been obtained through trading. But you are most likely correct. It may just be an issue with the matchmaking system, its P2P so a little ‘strange’. 

The other option is a clan only match. I believe you can be invited, but not join public for those. If you got rewards this would not be the case.

There is no easy way to find a match, it’s more queue and hope. Of course, if you and some friends queue seperately it’s possible someone might find a proper match quicker.

Due to the lack of a match/server browser, the best thing to do is to send friend requests to nearly anyone you find playing (add a note "conclave" in it so you can be identified more easily), this way you can start joining them from your friends list and figure out the active times of the day depending on your timezone. EU is another zone that gets conclave activity so it's worth giving it a shot, similar thing with Asia. There's also the "/join playername" command which can be used to join back into matches after leaving if matchmaking doesn't send you in there when you leave and try to go back there.

Also, i think it's worth noting that warframe matchmaking can be really weird, sometimes I see friends online and in incomplete lobbies (4/8 players in squad) but trying to join them from there will send the "session full" message regardless even tough normally you can join conclave matches at 7/8 players in the lobby.

3 hours ago, Lewtenant said:

Also is there a beginner guide write up for conclave?

I'm not sure of where's your skill level, but I'd advice watching NNKanell's video about parkour which covers things such as the use of zoom mods, some animation cancels, and a few more advanced tech that can be learnt later down the road. Here's the link to it. There is also this chart summing up warframe's maneuvers and different ways to cancel their animations.

Here's a doc with all you should know when jumping into conclave, this doc covers the basics of warframe PvP.

A brief guide to conclave mods, mainly to help differentiate which ones are useful and which ones are nice to have on each rank.

Last but not less, a write up explaining all warframe abilities in conclave.

Other than that I'd suggest playing around with your sensitivity, warframe's one is really high, so it provides nearly no control of your shots which can be really detrimental for your performance in pvp. 

You are also invited to join the conclave discord for easier access to conclave related data, help from other players, discuss about different things (not only conclave related), and perhaps to get to know more about pvp players if you're interested in it. Welcome beforehand!

Edited by Stormdragon
Typos