[DE]Taylor

PC - Fortuna This Week, But Not Tonight! (Nov 7)

Wait wait wait? DE, did you remove her blade sphere where she floats with blades spinning around her, making her look like a Goddess of Death and Gore itself? Did you seriusly remove it for a S#&$ty AoE or am I missing something?

10 hours ago, GreyEnneract said:

The ult looks at least a bit more interesting now, but since this doesn't show much I'll just have to wait and see.

What's insteresting about a boring ass bleed AoE like Equinox's? I prefed it much more while it made her look like a goddess of freaking blades and death and dismemberment. A floating humanoid weapon of war, arms spread as if embracing carnage, her tools of death spinning around her. She looked like a god. She is god no longer.

The Orokin were all about presentation and intimidation in their design. Their weapons, construction and everything was ornamental as to simbolize a peak that cannot be reached by others. Design is a weapon of fear, her first ult was exactly that.

Edited by Acersecomic
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Wait wait wait? DE, did you remove her blade sphere where she floats with blades spinning around her, making her look like a Goddess of Death and Gore itself? Did you seriusly remove it for a S#&$ty AoE or am I missing something?

They changed because it was basically just Revenant's 4 with a different look.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

They changed because it was basically just Revenant's 4 with a different look.

Yeah, and World on Fire is not Maim.

Ffs, people have to ruin everything.

Revenant's ability has range and adaptability to damage, it is a spinning discoball of doom.

How in the bloody fk was Garuda's 4 too similar? It was a short range meat grinder!

• Woah 1

5 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Yeah, and World on Fire is not Maim.

Ffs, people have to ruin everything.

Revenant's ability has range and adaptability to damage, it is a spinning discoball of doom.

How in the bloody fk was Garuda's 4 too similar? It was a short range meat grinder!

Can't say I'm entirely sold on her new 4 either but you're definitely in the minority if you actually preferred the old one.

Edited by Pr1A

Just now, Pr1A said:

Can't say I'm entirely sold on her new 4 either but you're definitely in the minority if you actually liked the old one.

Liked? I loved the old one. It was beautiful and terrifying.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Liked? I loved the old one. It was beautiful and terrifying.

IMO it was boring and lazy but for each their own.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

IMO it was boring and lazy but for each their own.

Floating around, mincing enemies into paste while a goddess of gore floats around with dozens of blades spinning around her = boring?

Standing in one place to charge an ability and release for some damage = fun and not lazy?

I'm sorry, what kind of logic is that exactly? A bike without wheels is more fun than a flying lawnmower?

15 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Floating around, mincing enemies into paste while a goddess of gore floats around with dozens of blades spinning around her = boring?

Standing in one place to charge an ability and release for some damage = fun and not lazy?

I'm sorry, what kind of logic is that exactly? A bike without wheels is more fun than a flying lawnmower?

As I said, I'm not really sold on the ability either but at least it's slightly more interactive than the old one.

Besides, she now uses her talons as an Exalted melee of sorts if you don't equip any melee weapon on her which seems pretty fun.

Edited by Pr1A

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

As I said, I'm not really sold on the ability either but at least it's slightly more interactive than the old one.

Besides, she now uses her claws as an Exalted melee of sorts if you don't equip any melee weapon on her which seems pretty fun. 

Not equipping a melee weapon on is crippling in the same way how modding the weapon for an exalted weapon was.
And it is now actually LESS interactive. It used to be Press 4 to float around, pulling enemies in short range and mincing them. Now it's Press/Hold to do a one-time burst of damage. It's literaly a standing, one second Maim.

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Not equipping a melee weapon on is crippling in the same way how modding the weapon for an exalted weapon was.
And it is now actually LESS interactive. It used to be Press 4 to float around, pulling enemies in short range and mincing them. Now it's Press/Hold to do a one-time burst of damage. It's literaly a standing, one second Maim.

Her 4 was and is still boring, we already have so many toggle ults that just deal damage. It was obtrusive, just like most of her kit still is. I would've expected something original, this is more of a band aid change than an actual thought out ult. (Don't get me wrong, i find revenants ult to be just as boring and dull)

It's gonna be friday, becuase, timing is well, it goes out, people will  have weekend to gather the bug reports, and DE will have some time off (naive view) but most importantly: I have a B-day in suterday =D It'd be perfect timing for my tiny universe ´=D

Edited by CzechDeath

28 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

The floating looked really, really slow. What's the point of a toggleable ability if it restricts your movement so badly you have to turn it off to get in range?

Functionally, a short charge time with a single burst of damage and slash procs is effectively the same thing.

Edited by Pr1A
  • Upvote 1

Let us know if it will be out on thursday or not. If no then people don't have to wait for it.

Garuda..all this "rework" and Fortuna postponed for this ..... no comments.

Things to expect:

1. a nightmare grind for parts

2. a Brozime and ReaperHunter video bashing it 

Well hoping Fortuna comes quickly, a Friday release would be a nightmare . "Bug Infested Weekend"

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

Let us know if it will be out on thursday or not. If no then people don't have to wait for it.

The problem is that they don't know either. They said that they had a good RC last night but they need some more testing to decide if it's acceptable for release.

Edited by Pr1A

12 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

The floating looked really, really slow. What's the point of a toggleable ability if it restricts your movement so badly you have to turn it off to get in range?

Functionally, a short charge time, a single burst of damage and slash procs is effectively the same thing. 

But the presentation also factors in. New 4 is just a cookie cutter ability with little to no visualisation. There's no cool factor. That's my biggest gripe with it 😞

Just now, Crowtor said:

More testing for what?

For bugs, obviously?

2 hours ago, Pr1A said:

You have a point, but well-being at work should be more important than deadlines.

It will give them "a sense of pride and accomplishment" when they release it after a successful crunch work period.

- No pun intended EA.

Having my hopes that it’s released today. Wouldn’t be surprised if it released friday, but i just feel like it’s coming today since it’s been hinted about (with the thursby file and such).

Not going to have my expectations too high however, but it’d be best for DE to release it today so we don’t have a bug littered fortuna during the weekends. 

1 minute ago, Rayden_Tenno said:

yess pls tell me thats an exalted weapon pls ❤️

Kinda. If you don't equip any other melee weapon on Garuda, she'll use her talons.

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

Kinda. If you don't equip any other melee weapon on Garuda, she'll use her talons.

can i mod her talons?