T4 Prism and just the void damage type in general

(XBOX)AntiCaesar

Why does the bane of sentients not ignore armor? I mean it's pure Void? It doesn't make sense? It's absurdly strong, but can't ignore simple armor? I get it's for balancing, but past level 60, amps aren't used much. At the very least it should ignore 75% of armor (excluding Eidolons, but who uses amps to break limbs?). Something like that should happen at the very least. There should be an incentive to use amps outside of Eidolons (like, doing decent damage even at high levels). They have around 3k damage on primary fire (excluding t4), but any real weapon can still kill faster (No elementals). Also, no real void status proc? Just a magnetize? Really? It could even be a mix of status procs or something, like corrosive (but reduces less % of armor because other effects), heat, or even magnetic/radiation! It'd buff every amp just that extra bit to make it less of a gimmick for just for eidolons.

Rant aside, why is the t4 amp prism so underwhelming? Every other prism does like 3k damage, but this one is auto, I get that it can't have 3k damage a shot or it'll be way too good. Also I'd buff the status % because reasons, maybe a bit less crit chance to balance it a bit more. But maybe like high 2k damage? 1k is just way too low, the prism has a very very niche spot for eidolons, but still most people still use ANY other prism.

Edited by (XB1)AntiCaesar

36 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

I get it's for balancing

If you did, there wouldn't be that many other words. It's for balance.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

any real weapon can still kill faster

This won't ever not be the case. Operators and everything associated with them are secondary to the frames and their weapons and abilities.

They are a secondary way to deal with EIdolons and all the Sentient enemies that exist and will be added.

I have no idea why amps don't ignore armor either or why void damage has detriments or benefits against any other faction besides the sentient.

It should have been like finisher/true damage without the shield bypass.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

If you did, there wouldn't be that many other words. It's for balance.

This won't ever not be the case. Operators and everything associated with them are secondary to the frames and their weapons and abilities.

They are a secondary way to deal with EIdolons and all the Sentient enemies that exist and will be added.

So, in Halo 5, the BR and Magnum are balanced in a way that they are both viable options to kill an enemy from medium range. Operators and warframes should both be viable for killing enemies at the very least in sorties. 

Operators should be an alternative playstyle, maybe not the most optimal, but at least somewhat viable in sorties. Which they really aren't. 

That's what I attempted to convey:

Operators should at least be somewhat viable for content other than dealing with sentients.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

So, in Halo 5, the BR and Magnum are balanced in a way that they are both viable options to kill an enemy from medium range. Operators and warframes should both be viable for killing enemies at the very least in sorties. 

As in Halo 5, you can pick any Primary weapon and Secondary weapon and wipe out anything outside hour+ endless missions. Operators are not supposed to rival the weapons frames have access to or their abilities. They aren't secondary weapons, they are secondary to the weapons. Task any normal human in Halo 5 to do the same as a Spartan and see the actual comparison you should be making.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

Operators should be an alternative playstyle

This is Warframe. The game where you use a frame and 3 weapons to murder the various evils of the Solar System, and, at some point, beyond. Added on to that are the Sentinels, Kavats, Kubrows, things to add on to your damage, make it easier to kill them, easier to find loot. Now there are the Operators, things added to the existing systems but not replacements, a game feature to get around added difficulties in the future and able to somewhat help with existing content.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

As in Halo 5, you can pick any Primary weapon and Secondary weapon and wipe out anything outside hour+ endless missions. Operators are not supposed to rival the weapons frames have access to or their abilities. They aren't secondary weapons, they are secondary to the weapons. Task any normal human in Halo 5 to do the same as a Spartan and see the actual comparison you should be making.

This is Warframe. The game where you use a frame and 3 weapons to murder the various evils of the Solar System, and, at some point, beyond. Added on to that are the Sentinels, Kavats, Kubrows, things to add on to your damage, make it easier to kill them, easier to find loot. Now there are the Operators, things added to the existing systems but not replacements, a game feature to get around added difficulties in the future and able to somewhat help with existing content.

I'm not saying operators should be optimal for everything and replace Warframes. I'm just saying they should have decent dps. That was it. That was my original point, that operators should be an option for a bit of dps. How did we get to there?

The issue here is armor, after awhile the only viable damage types are corrosive, slash and viral. The best part is if their status proc worked differently hey would be just as bad as other damage types.

Armor's DR is the issue not damage types.

Edited by Ohmlink