Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I WANT TO PET OTHER PEOPLES CATS!

(XBOX)Vamma Takayn

like seriously! incase you dont get it. if someone brings a cat to the dojo, poe, vallis orbis, my orbiter i want to be able to pet thier cat, kurburrow, senteniel what ever. like i can pet my own cat in my orbiter, espeacially if they can come to my orbiter let the people be able to use the b button to pet the dang cat! comment with your thoughts plz.

Your request might be fairly hard to introduce. The last time I used my kavat "Totally worth it" he would fall through the floor whenever he opened a locker on Jupiter. This isn't that much of a problem right now because.. Well your pets aren't you. When your pet falls through the floor they just auto teleport right back to you.

Even if they fall through the floor and remain stuck you can often get them back just by moving away and reaching a certain distance.

With you however its not so simple (from my personal experience anyway.) You often have to use the unstuck feature by using the "/unstuck command." Even then it doesn't always reset me properly and I have still ended up in a wall or the floor.

Now granted all of this wouldn't be that bad if it was just for your orbiter or dojo. You can't gain any rewards there so nothing is lost. But having to disconnect becuase you tried to pet someones cat,and it sent you through the floor could be infuriating when it comes to the Plains of Eidolon. I would hate to loose all the fish I caught to a simple pat on the head of someone else's pet.

Also DE would have to somehow find a way to put the patting scripts and that line of code in the dojo and the entire Plains of Eidolon map. TLDR I don't think it could be done easily and it would be really complicated.

Edited by Agentcheese

7 minutes ago, Agentcheese said:

Also DE would have to somehow find a way to put the patting scripts and that line of code in the dojo and the entire Plains of Eidolon map. TLDR I don't think it could be done easily and it would be really complicated.

If(!inMission && inSafeZone && (GetTarget.class == Companion)){

if(getAction.Interact){ Pet(TargetPet) }

}

Simply have this on the player script and have Dojo, Fortuna, Cetus, etc (a place where you don't fight but can interact with other players) and are near someone's pet; press 'x' (by default) to pet them; DONE. you can also edit this to make it you have to look at the pet as well as be near it so you don't keep petting kavats instead of interacting with something else.

Not that hard.

8 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

If(!inMission && inSafeZone && (GetTarget.class == Companion)){

if(getAction.Interact){ Pet(TargetPet) }

}

Simply have this on the player script and have Dojo, Fortuna, Cetus, etc (a place where you don't fight but can interact with other players) and are near someone's pet; press 'x' (by default) to pet them; DONE. you can also edit this to make it you have to look at the pet as well as be near it so you don't keep petting kavats instead of interacting with something else.

Not that hard.

Ok. So you just convinced me that its waaaay easier than I though to make the pets patable (Or would that be petable?) But I'm still hesitant with this whole idea being introduced because of the mass amount of bugs it could spawn. Players becoming stuck in place after patting someones pet, falling through the floor for some reason and maybe even host migrations due to crashes.

If this turned out not to be the case though, then sign me up! I would love to have another reason to take my pets in missions other than their combat skills and locker opening skills. Although I don't know how many people would want to pat my Helminth charger Ashes. She's kinda slimy :3

8 minutes ago, Agentcheese said:

But I'm still hesitant with this whole idea being introduced because of the mass amount of bugs it could spawn.

We can limit the amount of bugs by simply making the petting action be an animation that doesn't change the positions/states/whatever of the player an pet and it just prevents the player from pressing/interacting with the game until the animation is finished. This way the risk of the player suddenly falling through the floor or being stuck in place after petting is minuscule and the most likely causes of these bugs would be in the animation or in the line of code re-enabling the player to interact with the game after the petting.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Vamma Takayn said:

like seriously! incase you dont get it. if someone brings a cat to the dojo, poe, vallis orbis, my orbiter i want to be able to pet thier cat, kurburrow, senteniel what ever. like i can pet my own cat in my orbiter, espeacially if they can come to my orbiter let the people be able to use the b button to pet the dang cat! comment with your thoughts plz.

I didn't know I needed this. 

I just wanted to say thank you, for this thread. I’d been browsing a different forum, full of complaints, whining, and horrendous grammar. Popped over here to the WF forum, to feed off some hype for Fortuna, and the first thread title I saw, was this one. I full on, out loud, had a good laugh.

I’ve wanted to pet the companions of friends and teammates, ever since they became a thing. For some reason, your thread title, and the timing of my seeing it, just made my evening. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I didn't know I was so personally attached to my ugly mutated ball of non-fur that I'd feel so deeply attacked by the ability of another player to pet it.

Guess you learn something new everyday.

I feel the same way about my Helminth Charger. :laugh:

55 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no reason why we shouldn't be able to touch other people's pu- cats, I mean cats.

What...even if they're infect...I mean Infested? :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...