Problem with support

Rugenio

Question

I started playing warframe something like 4 or 5 years ago, with an email address I created even earlier than that, and after a few years' pause I came back this year on march. In the meantime I stopped using my old mail and got a new one and forgot the password for the old one since i was not using it.

When I started playing again I luckily remembered the password to my account so I could log in to Warframe but still couldn't access the mail. I tried contacting the support to change the address to the one I am using now but I didn't receive any answer. I tried recovering the mail but I had not put in serious answers to the recovery questions (I was like 13 when I made that mail address) and didn't add my phone number, so it was kinda helpless.

Last week I logged in into Warframe and got asked a code they sent to my mail to confirm my identity, which means I'm locked out of my account. I contacted support again for an email change, specifying more than once that I could not access my old mail and giving them the one I am using now, or asking to just contact me on the website. Now my request is marked as "awaiting your response" but I didn't receive anything, which means that, as i feared, they wrote me on my old mail as almost always happens with this semi automatic methods.

I don't know what to do since this is the point where people tell you to contact support, and the sole fact that they the "changing your email" part has a section saying that if you don't have access to your mail you should contact support, which replies to that mail address, is a contradiction. I managed to change my steam's mail reference on march since they actually didn't send me a mail to that address but asked me from the platform and I proved my identity.

So here I am now; I'm pretty confident in my ability to prove that I'm the owner of the account, my IP address matches the one I've been using to play since now, I have the number of the card I used to do plat purchase, yet I don't know how to show all of this to anyone with power to give me back my account. If I have to start anew I'd rather play a new game because I don't want to redo the hundreds (I should be at something like 1k h) of hours of gameplay (and grinding) I've done until now.

Any suggestion is warmly welcome.

3 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Rugenio said:

Any suggestion is warmly welcome.

Are you able to change the email address using the new function in Account Management? I have not tried this, so I can make no promises. But DE did implement a method for us to change our own email.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Are you able to change the email address using the new function in Account Management? I have not tried this, so I can make no promises. But DE did implement a method for us to change our own email.

That's the first thing I tried but to use it you need the password of the old email. They even say there that if you don't have it you should contact support, which is what I was making fun of here

10 minutes ago, Rugenio said:

the sole fact that they the "changing your email" part has a section saying that if you don't have access to your mail you should contact support, which replies to that mail address, is a contradiction.

The last answer I had from Support was regarding the same matter. Well, it was on October 15th. I answered everything they asked to me and they didn't answered back. I thought that my request got lost with many others so I asked if they would take longer to answer me, nothing yet...
 I hope someone from [DE] sees your topic and solves it.