tmbjr2002

Have new players starting weapons be in the Conclave arsenal!

Whenever I go to a match, there'll be an off-chance that a recently new player would show up with only a Skana or an MK-1 Bo in their hands with nothing to shoot back at and it upsets me. Why aren't new player's equipment (Primary and Secondary weapons) in Conclave's arsenal? It's like completing Vor's Prize only to have your Melee weapon equipped the moment you enter another mission. 

• Upvote 3

If they come with only one weapon equipped, it's their choice. Everyone gets one Primary, one Secondary and one melee weapon after the first tutorial mission. I guess they either unequipped their weapons (which i don't see often tbh), or just used one gun for the most of the match.

35 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

but... they are.

25 minutes ago, Dante102 said:

If they come with only one weapon equipped, it's their choice. Everyone gets one Primary, one Secondary and one melee weapon after the first tutorial mission. I guess they either unequipped their weapons (which i don't see often tbh), or just used one gun for the most of the match.

The thing is that their weapons aren't equipped by default in pvp. Long ago i made an alt account to see how is the new player experience for PvP. The first thing i did was a check on my conclave loadouts only to find out that the only weapon equipped there was the melee i took from Vor's Prize. Sure, i made that check because i know how things work in warframe, however, i guess many new players assume that their weapons will be ready to use in pvp just like these are ready to use when they go to PvE missions. 

Finding new players asking "how do i get guns" in the middle of a match is more common than what anyone would expect.

Edited by Stormdragon
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

The thing is that their weapons aren't equipped by default in pvp. Long ago i made an alt account to see how is the new player experience for PvP. The first thing i did was a check on my conclave loadouts only to find out that the only weapon equipped there was the melee i took from Vor's Prize. Sure, i made that check because i know how things work in warframe, however, i guess many new players assume that their weapons will be ready to use in pvp just like these are ready to use when they go to PvE missions. 

Finding new players asking "how do i get guns" in the middle of a match is more common than what anyone would expect.

Guess that could get a QoL change then. Or UI change so your current loadout isn't hidden in the scrollup window. Like the Lunaro banner has no place taking up that much screen real estate.

Yeah, it seems like a problem. Yesterday, during a two-hour time frame, I encountered more players running 'melee only' then players with actual load-outs. And given how absolutely inept they were, I guess those all were novice players entering conclave without a hint of an idea how to actually set up the load-out.

So, automatically setting basic firearms AND having a big, shining message 'set your load-out here, tenno!' would be a terrific QoL improvement both for novice players and experienced ones (who won't feel so ashamed for killing those defenseless newbies).

omg this are words of truth

Just make mk1 guns default loadout in conclave NOT only melee... too many unfortunate novices who then hate conclave in forums