Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't we have customizable crosshairs?

Hmm...interesting.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Perhaps because this isn’t every other shooter game? It’s a third person action game that just so happens to have firearms. This game has plenty of unique things that it doesn’t need to copy others.

Except custom crosshairs aren't a feature of other shooter games, its something client-side that players can edit themselves, in a way its a policy. For the developers to allow players to edit their game. Granted DE goes above and beyond with its communication among the playerbase. Wondering why something quite simple, reasonable, and likely easy to implement, hasn't been. From a company that if mentioned would likely do so for the players, is not unreasonable at all.

I don't mean to be antagonistic, but i don't see how you can argue against this kind of topic.

40 minutes ago, Hmm...interesting. said:

In almost every shooter game I've played, there are customizable crosshairs. Why this isn't in Warframe, I don't know. It would be nice to see some customization. 

Having played since 2013, i asked myself the same question years ago. For a game where you spend often hours on end grinding with the same UI, i had to ask myself, why not let us customize our crosshair?

Although in actuality i would take it a step further and ask DE for a completely customizable HUD, but that may be the MMO player in me speaking. May make my own post on this.

Edited by SHAPESDONTFLY

because they added in that fancy animated crosshair a while ago

[sarcasm] to convey otherwise hard to notice player states to the player, such as sprinting, crouching, or aiming [/sarcasm]

5 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Perhaps because this isn’t every other shooter game? It’s a third person action game that just so happens to have firearms. This game has plenty of unique things that it doesn’t need to copy others.

this is an utterly terrible argument. custom crosshairs are not unique to any one shooter. warframe is a hyper paced looter shooter, not action game. it doesnt "just happen to have fire arms" they are a core part of game play. im not sure you are on the right forums as you seem to think warframe is some completely different game.

uhh, i think you'll find that few Shooters have such HUD customization, and of those few of them have anything more than choosing between a few Presets.

but ofcourse it would be a nice thing to have. even some light Scripting possibly, so that you could make stuff look like most anything. (before anyone says it, it's only a security issue if the data your HUD Scripts have exposed to them is more than just the HUD information we have now)

Edited by taiiat

24 minutes ago, taiiat said:

uhh, i think you'll find that few Shooters have such HUD customization, and of those few of them have anything more than choosing between a few Presets.

but ofcourse it would be a nice thing to have. even some light Scripting possibly, so that you could make stuff look like most anything. (before anyone says it, it's only a security issue if the data your HUD Scripts have exposed to them is more than just the HUD information we have now)

You are right, iv'e mostly seen custom HUDs in MMOS, i cant think of a shooter that has one. But what i do know is information such as energy, health, shields, and ability cooldowns are all things that i have found poorly displayed through the current HUD, with the only solution being to enlarge the scale of the HUD so information is even more in your face, which kinda helps, but you can only enlarge it so much, and you cant for instance only enlarge the health bar.

I can understand if DE doesn't want us to mod our client, but at least let us move our health and energy bars to a more centralized location.

Also, do we really need to see what level our equipped gear is at max?

I mean.... its maxed.

Edited by SHAPESDONTFLY
Forgot important point

But what i do know is information such as energy, health, shields, and ability cooldowns are all things that i have found poorly displayed through the current HUD, with the only solution being to enlarge the scale of the HUD so information is even more in your face, which kinda helps,

Having just hopped into a solo mission and turned the UI scale to its maximum of 300, i can determine by the size of my crosshair, that this causes more problems than it solves

My Crosshair is 1/7 of my screen

Enemies Health bars cover most of my screen, in large fights this gets progressively worse.

4 hours ago, SHAPESDONTFLY said:

Also, do we really need to see what level our equipped gear is at max?

sortof - there's not much point in moving HUD Elements around (a cancerous sin of HUD's, never do that, if a thing is in place N one time, it should be there the next time too) or having the text just turn invisible or something. could it be smaller since it's not that important to Gameplay? yeah i guess.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

It would help with visability in alot of situations and its a personal prefrence thing so if you just want the orginal one you can. :clem:

22 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

What the heck games are you playing?

I probably should have worded it differently, saying, "In the shooters that I've played." I've played mainly TF2 and Overwatch, and both those games have customizable crosshairs. I just remember loving the option to customize that part of my gameplay.