Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faster And Smarter, Not Fatter Enemies For Higher Levels

SciKnight

Why not make them faster? As enemy level increases, they get faster and harder to hit. If not faster, maybe have the AI move more erratically while still advancing on whatever their target is. Or have enemies start to sidestep your shots at higher levels like the Grineer Helions do.

This would increase difficulty and make the game more interesting and challenging. If a system like this were implemented, there could be a reduction in the scaling of enemy armor and health as the agility would make up for that.

Now, some of you might say "this would only make things more annoying!" Well, it would if every enemy you shot at started dancing around to avoid your shots. I'm imagining that as enemy level increases, there's a higher chance of an "intelligent" or "agile" mob (something of that nature) spawning. The said mob would be enhanced in the aforementioned manner. This would mean that every now and then in lower levels, something interesting would happen. Then when you're pushing wave 25 on Xini, every other Ancient or Runner is sprinting towards you or at least sidestepping some of your attacks.

This method would allow for more interesting and diverse standard level play and add more difficulty and fun for those that want to go to challenge themselves and their 8 forma potato guns.

Overall this would require more skill in end game scenarios instead of better gear.

TL, DR? Read the first sentence at the top :P

Why not make them faster? As enemy level increases, they get faster and harder to hit. If not faster, maybe have the AI move more erratically while still advancing on whatever their target is. Or have enemies start to sidestep your shots at higher levels like the Grineer Helions do.

Good idea, but the current unstable netcode probably wont handle faster AI updates/spawns.

But +1, anything is better than the current enemy level system.

the main problem with this is programming and the host computer needing to handle the majority of the calculations for this and lets face it not all of use have monster machines.

would love to have it yes. but its not as friendly for lower end computers and slower internet connections. everything would become MUCH laggier if this were implemented.

would absolutely love it but unless the code is very streamlined its not happening

I sort of agree. Personally I'd prefer to see brand new enemy types using advanced AI (like, as you said, the Hellion).

I think cannon fodder still needs to play a part in this game. You need to be able to jump in and blast through a ton of enemies while watching out for the elite ones in the mix. I also don't want to see the slower, low ammo weapons thrown out because there a chance that any enemy could dodge, block or counter their shots.

The speed boost sounds like a good idea but it would have to be capped or it would just look silly at some point.

the main problem with this is programming and the host computer needing to handle the majority of the calculations for this and lets face it not all of use have monster machines.

would love to have it yes. but its not as friendly for lower end computers and slower internet connections. everything would become MUCH laggier if this were implemented.

would absolutely love it but unless the code is very streamlined its not happening

Well, I guess they should spawn less frequently. Have the majority of enemies be the same but occasionally throw in more challenging enemies as the level increases.

Let's face it. By the time you're getting to higher levels where these guys would be spawning anyways, you're already dealing with massive graphics lag from all the crap exploding and running around on screen. What's a little more? :P