Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe concept] Dras - Druid of Dreams

DeadNexus_

-= General Concept =-

Dras is a warframe based of Druids. His whole skillset is based around using nature in almost every situation and taking the shape of animals as well. He takes a more supportive role with most of his kit but can also switch to a more combat orientated role if necessary. Dras has no shield but does have a large health, armor and energy pool compared to most frames. It is important to use as much of his abilities as you can and to use mods like rage to keep the energy flowing in. As said before, Dras is mainly a support frame, this means he really shines when used with other frames.

Stats [At rank 30]
Health: 500
Shield: 0
Armor: 250
Energy: 175
Sprint: 0.85

-= Skills =-

Passive skill: Natural Energy
Enemies have a 20% chance to drop a health orb

First skill: Deep-rooted
Dras fires a seed that explodes on impact, enemies that are caught in the explosive radius are then trapped by multiple roots that come from the ground. Enemies killed while being rooted will drop a health orb. Enemies can still attack while stuck in the roots.
Strength: 350 damage
Duration: 10 seconds
Range: 2M Splash
Energy Cost: 25

Second skill: Curse of the Mire
Dras creates an aura around him slowing enemies and slowly proccing them with a Viral status effect. Enemies killed in the mire have a 10% chance to drop additional loot. The mire is projected on the ground as a bit more wet area with cracked energy colors.
Strength: 20% proc chance per second
Duration: 30 seconds
Range: 20M
Energy Cost: 60

Third skill: Lifecycle Blossom
Dras creates a giant flower that releases spores in the area that heals teammates with 15 HP per second plus an additional 5 per enemy in the area of effect. The flower will slowly drain enemies of their life when they are in the area of effect by attaching a strange root, this will also slowly decrease their HP. Can place 2 Blossoms at once, can't be placed next to each other. The flower colors with your primary, secondary and energy colors.
The blossoms will disappear in time and have a radius 15M on base when rank 30.
Strength: 20 damage per second / 15HP per second HP + (5 per enemy capped HP recovery)
Duration: 45 seconds
Range: 15M
Energy Cost: 75

Fourth skill: Aspect of Beasts
Dras draws power from the 4 spirits he possesses. Soul of the Drahk Soul of the Kavat, Soul of the Condroc and Soul of the Kubrow. Each form has different uses and can be switched similar to Ivaras arrow switching. When cast a projection of that animal is cast around the frame, almost like an armor made from energy. This skill costs around 20 energy to cast and you will slowly lose energy overtime.
Soul of the Drahk: This form is used for strength and durability, Ability strength is boosted with another 30% and the armor rating of Dras goes up with 25% above the armor he already has with all the mod calculations done. One bonus is the small damage boost of 1.25.  This form makes Dras a real powerhouse that can also assist his comrades and jump in rough situations.
Strength: multiplier of 1
Duration: nvt
Range: nvt
Energy Cost: 20 cast / 3 per sec
Soul of the Kavat: This form is used for efficiency and duration, Efficiency goes up with 20% and duration goes up with 30%, next to that enemies have a higher chance to drop energy orbs when killed by Dras. With Dras skills this is a great way to keep the healing and debuffing going without a problem and it is easier to stay in this form.
Energy Cost: 20 cast / 3 per sec
Soul of the Condroc: This form is used for area of effect and ability strength, Area of effect is increased by 25% and ability strength is increased by 30%. Next to this bullet jumping and floating speed is increased with 50% making Dras that much more faster.
Soul of the Kubrow: This form is build around pure damage, increasing attack damage by 2 times and marking enemies below 50% health in your area lowering their defenses by 15% and making them glow with your energy colour, additionally your speed is increased by 50%.

-= Appearance =-

Dras has a similar vibe as Oberon and Titania, having a natural theme in mind. Dras helmet looks like a minimalistic face with markings and its texture is kinda wooden whole still being made from technocyte. He has two talismans hanging on both sides attached by a robe made from a more vine like material. On top of its head it has vines going to the back similar to hair, being held together by multiple metal rings. His Torso is fairly large and sturdy, being from the same material as its face, it has a pattern themed after trees made from energy with a central spot of energy representing its 'soul' being one with nature. Its shoulders point slightly upward and are quite rough, slowly moving to his lower arms you see it go to a more cloth like material which hangs loosely with his hands coming out of them. The inside is filled up with something similar to the underside of a mushroom. It has a sort of waist belt with cloth hanging from it similar to Oberon's Deluxe skin, being less shiny. His legs are just as sturdy as his arms, its feet looking quite similar to Nidus' but thicker.

-= Additional stuff =-

Dras comes combined with a weapon and a syandana.
Melee weapon: Durandal
A powerful blade with a hidden secret. This powerful longsword is made to slice and dice through enemies with efficiency, it however has a second form which is slowly obtained while killing enemies, it gains more and more radioactive damage while killing enemies until the bar is full and it reaches its overload state which keeps going for around 30 seconds until the charge bar is reset. The longsword gains more reach and status effect chance as well when charging. When fully charged it looks more like an energy great sword but it is still as light as a longsword.

Syandana: Faunasia
This syandana is a relic from a long lost past, now overgrown with moss and plants it once was a testament of power for an old Tenno and her warframe. She is no more, but her Warframe had waited for a new owner.

Edited by DeadNexus_
Feedback from FrostedMike

Just want to point out before giving my feedback: in a long time I havn't seen such an orginized warframe suggestion. Easy to read, color coded, titles and sub titles, even when you go into detials it's easy to read and understand... Just beautiful to look at. It will be only fair if I will respond with the same structure.

General Concept
It's nice to have more support focused frames when damage is the meta these days. I like the theme of it.
The lore is a little weird for me, might not be the right word I'm looking for. So far in the game, the only frame we know it's operator is Harrow and Rell. The catch is that it was before the Old War that this event took place. The frames that I can think of right now and were documented to be operational during the Old War are Mirage and Gara, but both were mentioned without the operators. Mirage fought an army of sentients, but nothign about the operator behind. Gara protected the Unum, but nothing about the operator once again. I don't think we even know where the operators have been during the war, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
What I'm trying to say is that the operator you suggested in that lore sounds like too much of a star for that time. The warframe was the star, not the operator. Rell was a bigger star than his frame because he was casted out, he also never went into cryosleep like the rest of the tenno.

Stats seems fair. Sounds like a tank more than anything. You didn't mention his spint speed but I guess we both agree that he's slower than avarage. The look you suggested seems fit, he both look like a tank and have the stats of a tank. I will talk more about the look later.

Abilities.
Passive:
I think this is my biggest issue with this frame.
First of all, 3 HP per second is a lot. This is nearly invinsible especially if you consider his large health pool.
Second of all, this is unroriginal as Nidus have the same passive already.
I think you can do better with this one.

First ability:

47 minutes ago, DeadNexus_ said:

Dras casts a seed on the floor which explodes, enemies hit by the explosions are then trapped by multiple roots that come from the ground. Enemies killed while being rooted will drop a health orb. Enemies can't attack while stuck in the roots.

This is an original idea compared to the passive, I like it a lot more. I think it's a little too strong for a first ability, it feels like a 3rd ability. I have a few questions:

• What explosions? At one moment you cast a seed out and then enemies get hit by explosions. I think you wanted to sey "The seed explode on impact and traps enemies cought in the explosion radius".
  • You throw the seed (like Vauban's abilities) or plant it near your feet?

Second ability:

46 minutes ago, DeadNexus_ said:

Dras creates an aura around him that casts 'the curse of the mire' on the ground around him. Slowing enemies and slowly proccing them with a Viral status effect. Enemies killed in the mire have a 10% chance to drop additional loot. The mire is projected on the ground as a bit more wet area with cracked energy colors.

That line I removed from your quote is useless and just repeat the first part of that sentence. The rest of this ability sounds fine. At first it seems like Nekros's 3rd, but it got it's unique touch that make it feel different. It's not as effective for looting as Desecrate, but not just a low cost Desecrate as it also slows enemies and apply status effects.
Just one question, is this a toggle or duration based ability?

Third ability:

58 minutes ago, DeadNexus_ said:

Dras creates a giant flower that releases spores in the area that heals teammates with 30 HP per second plus an additional 10 per enemy in the area of effect. The flower will slowly drain enemies of their life when they are in the area of effect by attaching a strange root. Can place 2 Blossoms at once. The flower colors with your primary, secondary and energy colors.

So a stronger version of Garuda's 2nd ability. What I will do instead to not step in other frame's shoes is giving a buff and lower the healing rate to 2 HP per second. Maybe extra ability duration or extra ability range for whoever is in range of the flower. But a buff by itself doesnt' feel good enough so I will add in protaction from status effects.
Some things you forgot to mention about this ability:

• I guess it's duration based, but I don't know for sure.
  • How far the effect reach?
  • The enemies in range only lose health or something else? They might not need to take any damage at all.

Fourth ability:

1 hour ago, DeadNexus_ said:

Dras draws power from the 4 spirits he possesses. Soul of the Bear, Soul of the Elk, Soul of the Owl and Soul of the Wolf. Each form has different uses and can be switched similar to Ivaras arrow switching. When cast a projection of that animal is cast around the frame, almost like an armor made from energy. This skill costs around 30 energy to cast and you will slowly lose energy overtime.

I like this ability a lot actually the more I read it. I like that it's just a projection of the spirits instead of transforming into them, it's not an exalted beast that you summon, this one feel unique.After reading it all of the spirits seems balanced so I have a reason to use all of them.
The only thing I would change is using animals fit for Warframe, like a kubrow instead of a wolf, I think a kavat will make a better elk, you get the idea.

Something about all of the abilities, I would like to know a little about the stats. What is the range, strength and duration of each ability. How much energy each ability costs.

Look:
Again, I like the fact that the overwhole body structure compliment the stats. He both look bulky and have stats that fit for it. I like that you ried to balance the tree but keep it "tenno". I don't like the underside of a mushroom, it removes from the tree theme.

I didn't bother reading about the weapons. I came to this thread for the frame, not for it's weapons. I htink it's out of place.

Hope you exel.

44 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

I read all your feedback points and changed things were it was needed. Will keep the 3 as mostly a healing ability but nerfed the amount healed a bit. Dras really needs that extra bit of healing because of how the whole kit works. I tried to adjust the passive as well to something simple but helpful, not sure if this is the right direction but it sure is more balanced and doesn't outshine other passive abilities. 

Also adjusted all the names for his 4th ability to fit the warframe world, Bear was a tough one so for now I went with Drahk.

Also the mushroom bit is quite treelike imo, bit of shroom growth is rather common. Might make an illustration someday to get the design out there so more.

Edited by DeadNexus_

19 minutes ago, DeadNexus_ said:

I read all your feedback points and changed things were it was needed. Will keep the 3 as mostly a healing ability but nerfed the amount healed a bit. Dras really needs that extra bit of healing because of how the whole kit works. I tried to adjust the passive as well to something simple but helpful, not sure if this is the right direction but it sure is more balanced and doesn't outshine other passive abilities. 

Also adjusted all the names for his 4th ability to fit the warframe world, Bear was a tough one so for now I went with Drahk.

Now it feels better for me. Maybe some minor twicks here and there, but this is not the time to adjast these kind of things. It's a concept, not the finished feature.

The new passive combined with his 1st is already a decent healing ability for the whole squad, Nezha and Nekros can survive great with half of the health orbs your frame makes and they are not as tanky considering their base stats only. Again, the healing from his 3rd ability feels like an overkill in that case. It might be just me.

I also read your weapon idea, I like it a lot actually. It sounds unique and it have an interesting mechanic.

You get my vote.

EDIT:
I also had struggles with a replacment for the bear, I would give my idea if I had one.

Edited by FrostedMike