Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Request] New PM Sound

InfallibleX

I'm not always away from Warframe, but when I am, I'm not.

I don't mute when in background since I still wish to respond to whispers about trades while I'm doing other stuff. But I find that the PM sound is a bit weak. I would really, really like a sound that makes me go "what the heck was that?" so I'll actually tab into the game and notice the new message.

Or maybe [DE]Rebecka could wake me with a "Tenno, someone's trying to reach you" when I get a new whisper. 😍

Peace

/ Infallible

Edited by InfallibleX

While a better sound will be nice, I am not sure I will like it if its a character speaking to you. Because 1. it can get really annoying if they do it every time someone pm you (and it is hard for the game to know whether you tabbed out or just thinking about something) and 2. "Hey kiddo" is already a good enough jump-scare if it occurs in the middle of the night when you are least expecting, we don't need another.

I totally agree with you. I would probably wish it to be an optional checkbox whether to have a sound or a voiceline. Anyway I usually stand around in my Orbiter where alarms and invasions are announced this way anyway, so it shouldn't be that big a difference if whispers are announced only on the Orbiter.