Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Wraith And Vandal Recolour/colour Customisation Options

TheSeannachaidh

Greetings fellow forum-dwellers,

I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed by the colouration on the new Strun Wraith. I love the weapon itself: I have always liked the design of the Strun over the other shotguns in the game, and the boosted chamber capacity, reload speed, damage, etc. of the new Wraith are all fantastic features. While the Strun proper has fallen further and further out of viability with each new addition to the Shotgun arsenal, this Wraith doppelganger has breathed new life into a weapon we all thought had been permanently moth-balled by DE. Alas, while the the dark, metallic indigo is alright, the cherry-red trim that DE decided to colour-combo it with doesn't exactly scream, "I'm a deadly shotgun, let me at 'em!"

Yes, I could always change my Warframe to match if it is such a big deal to me, but I like the way that I have coloured my Warframes, and cherry-red is, I'm afraid, not one of my more used paints or energy colours; some people may not mind, but I can't imagine that I am alone in preferring to colour my Warframes and weapons in, if not a way that completely matches, then at least in a way that is generally complementary. I know it is a small thing, but in a 3rd person shooter aesthetic is important.

Essentially, I would like to see the option to customise the colour scheme of these trophy weapons implemented into the game. It would be ideal to be able to fully personalise the colour options, however it is arguable that, as event/exclusive items, these weapons should be distinguishable in game and by disallowing the repainting feature on these weapons the remain the trophies that they were meant to be. I don't disagree, and if full customisability isn't an option, then I see a couple of solutions that DE could explore as a compromise:

1. There is the option to create a new platinum-purchasable (don't whinge, putting money into the game is the only way to make it grow) colour palette in the market that is exclusively usable with current, and future trophy weapons.
2. Another path would be to release a variety of premade colour schemes in the form of skins that gives a variety of colour options while still maintaining the uniqueness of the weapon.

Anyway, I wanted to get some input from you all regarding whether or not the Warframe community is interested in pushing for the ability to personalise the colouration of weapons like the Braton and Snipetron Vandal, and the new Strun Wraith. 

Sure, I'd love to have my own color scheme for them....But that would ruin the image of that weapon. When you see someone walking around with a Snipetron Vandal, You know where they got it and what they had to do for it. Its a matter of pride and, as much as it hurts me to use the word, "Swag". Whats the only difference between a Frost Prime and a Polarized Frost? Style, Style that you can't overwrite.

Since Vandals and Wraiths only have a noticeable difference in colour scheme, being able to change them would effectively make it nearly impossible to see a person has an exclusive weapon without checking their loadout.

Exclusives are a source of pride, regardless of how they look. Their appearance is a major distinguishing factor for them (excluding stats) and thus is important for them to retain their status.

Sure, I'd love to have my own color scheme for them....But that would ruin the image of that weapon. When you see someone walking around with a Snipetron Vandal, You know where they got it and what they had to do for it. Its a matter of pride and, as much as it hurts me to use the word, "Swag". Whats the only difference between a Frost Prime and a Polarized Frost? Style, Style that you can't overwrite.

Well the Frost Prime does get energy back when he approaches the orbs in the void... so there's that...

Are you thinking of something like what frost prime can do as swap his helm appearance? I wouldn't be against more weapon skin option as long as it wasn't mandatory that I use them. I like wraith's color along with my Vandal Snipetron.

I could see how wraiths colors could clash with a lot of different color sets because red isn't universal.

Edited by LazyKnight

Are you thinking of something like what frost prime can do as swap his helm appearance? I wouldn't be against more weapon skin option as long as it wasn't mandatory that I use them. I like wraith's color along with my Vandal Snipetron.

I could see how wraiths colors could clash with a lot of different color sets because red isn't universal.

My intent was never to make a mandatory change. I just really dislike the red colour on the Wraith, and while I acknowledge that is what makes it a Wraith, it looks awful with all of my Warframe colour schemes. It would be nice to have an alternative skin (even maybe a Strun Vandal skin or something) or the OPTION to alter the colours to fit with the aesthetic of my own Warframes.. 

I don't get why this is even a argument, this is just a win/win here. Adding a color option means you can make the weapon keep the design pattern but just changing the color of it to any color you wish. If you wish to keep the default color, to protect the "image" of the weapon then just don't change the color. It really just comes down to DE actually wanting  to do it or not.

I can't say adding color options or anything like that to these event guns will add a HUGE gameplay aspect but I can understand wanting everything you own to be in your own taste. I just don't see why anyone would be against this really.

Edited by TheDoctah

Then stop using colors that I cant match on my warframe. QQ

Warframes still differ in colours .. for example a dark blue on first slot looks different on rhino than on ember (maybe it's the material used on the Warframe) so if you want to go and start QQ'ing you should start there and not with the Vandal/Wraith weapons.

I don't understand why everyone's all aggro about this, it's not like you HAVE to change it, but the option's there if you want to. They're not saying you HAVE to change your weapon colour, they're saying that they'll like the OPTION to change it, they might not care about the image as much as others or just want to change certain things about it that they don't like.

main points:

you don't HAVE to change colour

some people don't care about the image of the weapon

it's an OPTION

the main points are what people aren't getting

EDIT: People change the colour of Prime Frames all the time yet no one cares, but when it comes to Prime weapons everyone's like "NO!!1!!111! DOES NOT WANT!! PRIME/VANDAL WEAPON MUST STAY SAME!!11!11!!!!1." It sounds to me that people think they HAVE to change the colour of their Prime/Vandal weapons when they don't.

Edited by Ninjaboy00