Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Warframe Idea: Taonen - The Astral Monk

AStudioAudience

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Should be a quick read. Includes possible Augment ideas!

Taonen – The Astral Monk

Appearance: Lean but exaggerated muscles (Calf, bicep, thin waist, larger pectoral area and wide shoulders, and larger forearms. There are two sets of the excessive large Mala Bead necklaces you see monks in games wear, with the necklaces crossing across the chest and continuing over the shoulders. The mala beads get very large on the shoulders (with the beads on the shoulders competing in size with Taonen's head), then diminishing to smaller beads under the arms. The beads crossing at the chest may or may not share a bead between the bead strands or they may merely overlap. Whichever looks better. The default helmet would look rather wedge shape, crescent from the side, matching the natural shape cause by the space between the mala bead strands.

Passive: Twinned Energies-

Taonen is able to choose two energy colors, each color effecting what statuses enemies get from Astral Spheria explosions. This will combine statuses like weapons, so Corrosive/Blast/etc. is available. The Astral Spheria and his abilities, I imagine, could look quite interesting.

1: Astral Spheria -

Sends a wave of force forward, compacting the essences of enemies within effect area into a searingly bright, shining sphere. These spheres will then explode upon being touched by another enemy, possibly chain exploding with other spheres.

Augment: Astral Retribution – Enemies that attack Martyrs (See: Mark of Retribution) will cause an Astral Spheria to condence at their location, exploding.

2: Faith and Solace-

Kills fill a shown meter (akin to Nezha Shield meter graphic), when filled leaves pools of either health or energy (chosen by cycling with the 2 button by default).

Augment: Violent Calm – Pools left behind by Faith and Solace will damage enemies and increase the amount of health/energy as a result.

3: Mark of Retribution-

Designates the targeted enemy as a Martyr. Enemies will then attack the Martyr, with each attack will having a chance of applying any status effects currently on the Martyr onto the once-allied attackers. (Great synergy with Radiation)

Augment: Pox Upon You - Enemy will receive random Status effects

4: Exalted Weapon: Fists of Faith-

Hands become enveloped in holy fire, annointed with terrible fury and speed. Attacks allow <WF> to move through enemies as he procs fire and impacts near guaranteed, with blast procs of middling possibility. Holding the melee will cause attacks to be thrown and comboed in a way to cause <WF> to appear like a projectile. Astral Spheria left behind by enemies will instead boost the damage of Fists of Faith as you run through them instead of acting as mines. When you pick up the Spheria, they have a guaranteed impact proc.

You may read some more ideas here, with a list of even more at the bottom.

Edited by AStudioAudience

Some feedback:

I like his 3, I'd just make sure to note that friendlies shouldn't be able to kill the martyr, otherwise we'll end up with another Revenant ability that doesn't work well in pubs.

I'm a fan of the exalted fists and I dig the idea of holy fire. I'd give them hella status chance, and maybe lower crit to compensate but I don't know weapon stats well so idk.

So we'd have an astral monk, and a dark priest exists (Harrow) so who do we need now to complete the set? 😂

All in all I like the idea. If we could get a visual of this that'd be dope.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Some feedback:

I like his 3, I'd just make sure to note that friendlies shouldn't be able to kill the martyr, otherwise we'll end up with another Revenant ability that doesn't work well in pubs.

I'm a fan of the exalted fists and I dig the idea of holy fire. I'd give them hella status chance, and maybe lower crit to compensate but I don't know weapon stats well so idk.

So we'd have an astral monk, and a dark priest exists (Harrow) so who do we need now to complete the set? 😂

All in all I like the idea. If we could get a visual of this that'd be dope.

Hey thanks. Yeah, I'm also a big fan of near/invincibility maybe more like Trinity's Well than straight up immune to damage. 

I kinda envisioned, should this guy have an alternate title than "The Astral Monk", that he'd have the name "The Status Chance Frame".