Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recently Banned from Trading

(XBOX)GI M NASTY

I was recently banned from trading due to the fact that I misled someone. I feel that the punishment given to me is suitable, but in game the trade chat states that “ We do not enforce trades for promises”, which completely goes against my case. If this were true and that the DE’s “do not enforce trades for promises” then why punish those individuals. Just wondering.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GI M NASTY said:

I was recently banned from trading due to the fact that I misled someone. I feel that the punishment given to me is suitable, but in game the trade chat states that “ We do not enforce trades for promises”, which completely goes against my case. If this were true and that the DE’s “do not enforce trades for promises” then why punish those individuals. Just wondering.

That means that DE isn't going to take responsibility for every single trade that takes place, but if you screw over another Tenno deliberately then actions still have consequences. 

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Because enforce =/= punish?

This is the correct way to put it. To enforce something would mean DE would force you to fulfill your promise. They can't really do that, so instead they are limited to taking actions against you instead.

DE has shown in the past they don't like people being jerks.

So don't be a jerk.

Edited by Trase-Kor
Can't say Richard's nickname.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GI M NASTY said:

Then if they don’t enforce it then their shouldn’t be punishment

It's evident you don't understand the meaning of the words.

To enforce = "To make happen" essentially. If DE enforced trades for promises, then that would mean they'd have to make trades for promises happen. That is obviously not even remotely feasible, so DE have a warning in game to deter people.

To punish = "Penalise idiots who deserve it". This has nothing to do with enforcement, this is DE telling you that what you did was not okay. 

The terms are not related.

English with Monkey is £17 an hour by the way, I hope you have cash on hand.

Edited by DeMonkey

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It's evident you don't understand the meaning of the words.

To enforce = "To make happen" essentially. If DE enforced trades for promises, then that would mean they'd have to make trades for promises happen. That is obviously not even remotely feasible, so DE have a warning in game to deter people.

To punish = "Penalise idiots who deserve it". This has nothing to do with enforcement, this is DE telling you that what you did was not okay. 

The terms are not related.

English with Monkey is £17 an hour by the way, I hope you have cash on hand.

I got US dollars

If someone made a promise to you saying, "Trade me 50 plat and I'll promise to give you a spot on my clan", DE can't enforce them to put you on their clan. 

If you misled someone like you said you did, then yes you can be punished foe doing so cause you broke the rules. But this isn't the place to be talking about that. This is between you and the moderator.

What I am saying is that they don’t enforce trade promises which practically means if someone rips you off then their is nothing they can do about it because they don’t enforce trade promises. So if this is the case and they don’t enforce people giving you things for promise then me getting banned shouldn’t be a punishment. I’m not trying saying that enforcing is punishing I’m saying that me getting banned goes against this whole idea of we do not enforcing trade promises. 

(XB1)GI M NASTY how is it that you do not understand plain english. The disclaimer is to the victim not to the rip off artist. The rip off artist gets their account terminated. DE is not accountable to the victim for enforcing a banned trade practice. What's not to understand?