Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve's Stream: Riven Disposition Remark!

[DE]Rebecca

To be fair some rivens are 'broken' but at the same time I won't be happy if my only good rivens (and they're not bought or meta) get nerfed...

Thinking about it there are so many ways any changes to rivens could go wrong it's kind of concerning, mind you the situation we're in now is basically down to how it was done at the beginning.

Rivens should have been based purely off of a 'relative' performance point and would have stats that would bring a lesser weapon up to 'equal' performance with the top tier ones.

Hopefully they'll set an automated system that measures total weapon usage from MR8+ players (Players who are unable to use Rivens should not affect usage statistics) and divide the results across 5 groups and apply the changes with a daily, weekly, on monthly refresh.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all,

If you're watching DE_Steve Stream:

He was reading the patch notes and mentioned 'Riven Dispositions'.

Because the market is so subject to those 'in the know', our intention is to allow everyone to read and review this information at the same time (AkA not on Steve's Stream with 'insider market info'). There will also be an in-game notification on this matter for Riven holders.

You will all be presented with a full Dev Workshop on more when the Fortuna Update releases - all platforms will be included in this Riven Disposition information!

Changes are not geared toward any dramatic upheaval - we would advise for you to 'wait and see' before acting on any Trades!

Cheers, sorry for the unintended surprise on Stream!

I wonder how many people are going to feel screwed over the riven(s) they bought considering nothing in game explains how disposition is "supposed to work" and its been over 600 days since the last significant change.

And I wonder how many "lol that's what they get" trolls will come around.

I am okay with this because to be quite frank it's only going to benefit me.  I run Glaxion and Lato with rivens as my guns, no way in heck those will ever break out of the 5 Disposition category.  And then I use Sigma and Octantis which released at a default of 3, but we all know with these changes it's gonna become a 5 just due to its sheer rarity.  That's great for me.  

All in all I anticipate 2 mods will stay relatively the same, and the other should likely see a buff.  

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Hopefully they'll set an automated system that measures total weapon usage from MR8+ players (Players who are unable to use Rivens should not affect usage statistics) and divide the results across 5 groups and apply the changes with a daily, weekly, on monthly refresh.

So much this.  I think it might already work that way though, tbh.  I mean the Lato is max disposition, it's God tier with a Riven.  But it's also a weapon virtually everybody has had or used at MR1-MR2 range.  There's no way it would hold max disposition if it was counting all the low levels who used it.  

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I wonder how many people are going to feel screwed over the riven(s) they bought considering nothing in game explains how disposition is "supposed to work" and its been over 600 days since the last significant change.

Too many to count.

And they're already been here.

hey :]

thanks for the notice !

kinda weird that every old weapon that is primed does have an awesome riven disposition and the new ones are always neutral ..

@[DE]Rebecca Please don't hate Steve for that slip. He's the most passionate and proudest guy I can think of regarding this awesome game !! He just wanted to let us know about the cool things you guys creating !!

❤️

17 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

But it is all on them since they didnt bother to research before throwing away their plat.

I've played for about a year, the moment I got my first riven I read up about them. It took me maybe 10 seconds to find info about possible future riven dispo changes. This also made me think before deciding if I should spend plat or not on something.

10 seconds of research that can be done even on a smartphone isnt too much to ask. So the people that have spent their "hard" earned plat only have themselves to blame since the info is out there and very easy to find. I even think it is mentioned in-game when you get your very first riven.

Disposition should only be changed when weapons themselves are balanced (i.e., buffed/nerfed). Dispositions should also be determined by base stats, NOT popularity.

Rivens should be fully compatible across all variants, but dispositions should be weapon-specific. This can be handled with multipliers, like fire-rate mods on bows. For example:

Tiberon: 1x stats.

Tiberon Prime: 0.5x stats (numbers as examples only).

Done correctly, this would allow all weapons to reach the same approximate level of performance, as players are able to pick their favorite weapons.

@[DE]Rebecca

With the reshuffling of Riven Dispositions, and considering the length of time that rivens have been a part of Warframe and its "collectible culture," would DE be willing to consider either an expansion or full elimination of the paltry 90 Riven Slots that players are allowed to own?

Often times, we players are put into positions where we must choose between rivens for strong weapons which we know are/can be made strong, or rivens for personally enjoyed yet less popular weapons that can be made better with a riven, but will never compare with a more "meta" choice (or even the *potential* for a more meta choice).

As a player who enjoys the collectible nature of rivens within the game, I implore DE to please consider ending or massively expanding the hard cap on rivens in the game.  It most severely hurts those of us who play by the rules in the game, as those who would abuse the riven market will find a way around this restriction no matter what.

For a game with ~300 weapons, a paltry 90 Riven Slots feels like a severe limitation to those of us who enjoy collecting them and would happily spend plat on their slots.

Wait so gram is better then the galintine and the galintine is still a 1 disposition ? Why ? Why are we not seeing a increase in rivers from 1 ... those weapons are not that popular anymore they need to go up ..

1 is just crap .. 

why dont you just buff the guns and remove all rivens ? That's what you are doing anyway you are forcing the guns to be a certain spec .. makes no sense 

Archived