Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, bunnygeddon said:

There should be full 6 dispositions for weapons that nobody uses at all. Just an extra one. A little tick. Not too much programming for that to happen.

Ignore my incestuous rubbing on my Mire.

As a Spectra stan I support this, for no obvious reason at all.

Gotta love people who are like “no one uses my weapon, why was its disposition nerfed?!” Like you seriously believe you have more accurate usage statistics then DE? 

This was a long time coming, and while some of my rivens got hit, the stat decrease is so negligible that I don’t even mind. Good on DE for finally turning on the cold showers, about time people woke up,

1 minute ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

DE giving away for free Vectis Prime.
Still DE: "Oh, look at how many people are using Vectis Prime! Well, time to nerf riven disp."
Because logic!

Or you know, it could be that Vectis was widely used even before the giveaway thanks to Eidolons? But let’s ignore logic and jump to conclusions.

3 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

You mean Lanka and Rubico?

If you’re trying to say that Vectis isn’t a popular option for Eidolon hunts then I dunno what to say.

Before Rubico Prime was a thing Vectis Prime was certainly used as much if not more then Rubico. Vectis unrolled rivens sold for hundreds of plat.

EDIT: As far as I could tell, popularity was basically Lanka > Vectis > Rubico >>> Vulkar >>> Snipetron. This changed a tad after Rubico Prime but Lanka Vectis and Rubico rivens were still super expensive compared to the other two regardless.

well I guess we need to get weaker as the content gets stronger to add difficulty or something

I guess rubico prime got used to much 

sad to see my phantera riven getting weaker that was a fun weapon to use every now and then

ah vectis, you were once useful to me now your even weaker, if only there were a way to make other weapons than snipers effective against eidolons, I guess the only way is to make all weapons weaker against them so we cant see the difference

lanka is used mostly cus it has the best damage against edolons other snipers are discount damage and aren't accepted by the broad farming community because you use to much time to kill, for most missions you really wouldnt want to use lanka grenade weapons are more effective there

1 minute ago, WorldLiberation said:

the change is good

but it really should happen more often and give us notice before hand

this is really crashing the in game economy, I don't really care cause I usually only buy the very niche and cult rivens

Stuff like this kinda has to be done quickly.

No more Sentinel Rivens.. Because NO ONE EVER min-maxes their sentinel for status or dmg builds..

Really dumb position to take IMO..

Give the players of your game MORE options, not less. Lest we all just run around w/ Excal, a Braton, and a Skana.

Take away all color pallets while your at it.. OOPS.. you sell those for plat; my bad.

#makesentinelsgreatagain

Well, this... kinda blows hard. Rivens I paid hundreds and even thousands of plat for now worth a hell of a lot less than what I paid for them. GG, DE, for showing 0 concern for the value of my account and the things I used -my goddamn real world money- to obtain. Thanks, appreciate that like a nail in the foot!

3 minutes ago, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

Give the players of your game MORE options, not less. Lest we all just run around w/ Excal, a Braton, and a Skana.

I was actively trying to achieve this with my build + Rivens.  Even my Lato got boned lol    

I wanted to have the 3 "classic" weapons and use them more often... now Lato is already off the table again.  The change made me lose whopping amount of damage that gun couldn't afford to lose.  

2 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

Well, this... kinda blows hard. Rivens I paid hundreds and even thousands of plat for now worth a hell of a lot less than what I paid for them. GG, DE, for showing 0 concern for the value of my account and the things I used -my goddamn real world money- to obtain. Thanks, appreciate that like a nail in the foot!

Exactly, people paid for their rivens with Real world money, or they grinded to make plat, to buy a riven.

Just now, WorldLiberation said:

but it really should happen more often and give us notice before hand

But then that defeats the object, the point of doing this stealthily was to avoid giving Riven sellers inside trading knowledge and start skewing prices, it was mentioned in Conner's original post. 😉 

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

On another relevant note separate from these Disposition changes, we have removed Sentinel weapons from the Riven generation pool. Those that own Sentinel weapon Rivens will still own them in their Inventories. Unveiling a Sentinel weapon Riven was simply lackluster compared to more applicable weapons. 

THANKS. i know some people are sad artax rivens are gone but these people haven't gotten F...ing Sweeper rivens out of 2 of the 3 shotgun rivens they ever opened...

3 minutes ago, Giantconch said:

its a known fact that dispositions change. its not some super secret.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Some effort has gone into maintaining Dispositions as new weapons and Primes are introduced

Lol technically. You did one Aklex change, that's some effort. I don't think anything else was adjusted after the initial period when rivens were new and pretty much all the new weapons just came in at 3* and stayed there no matter how good or bad they are.

This either needs to happen regularly like you originally said it would, or not at all. If we got adjustments like this every month or so, dispositions would actually do their job and nobody would be surprised by the changes. If you leave stuff like 5* Sicarus alone for well over a year, of course people will start taking it for granted and be angry when you randomly decide to change it, and it won't fix anything because more weird dispos will happen soon enough.

So if you're going to do this, please don't wait so long for the next one.

28 minutes ago, KitMellow said:

Has nobody questioned how the Riven Disposition system works in the code?

How about some transparency on how the decimal numbers correlate on the 1-5 scale?

The scale is .5 minumum to 1.5 Maximum (with a few outliers at 1.55), each pip is a range of 0.2

I mostly use underused weapons anyway.   Outside of Amprex and Twin Gremlins, almost every riven I have was left alone or got a buff.   And Gremlins got a prisma version a few weeks back, of course its dispo lowered from maximum.

So overall I'm good.  Time to use the Ferrox and Tenora some more! 

I am a little dissapointed in Simulor  though it deserves a buff.  I *had* a riven for that but at .5 it was so useless even a perfect roll couldn't get it up to par with any other mod so it was useless.  At .7 it could maybe do something.  (And simulor is a case where the original overused weapon that got that rating was nerfed heavily, stopped being used, and didn't deserve that rating anymore.) Oh well!

Archived