Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

11 minutes ago, Disbelief said:

What I don't get is why they keep introducing prime weapons with high disposition that lead to broken weapon/riven combinations instantly.

Lack of foresight and neglect for ongoing riven changes. The problem right now is that they have a bad methodology for decided what to buff/nerf, but rivens should be changing by small amounts frequently. If I had to guess, it's that they released rivens with this in mind, but got so involved with other projects that the need for riven changes just kept getting put on the back burner so they never got around to it.

I don't give a fk about these riven changes but i am still waiting the new melee 3.0. Most weapons are unusable because they are too fkn short or because you can rely only on slash and toxin to make damage on high levels. the Magnetic damage and cold damages are  a joke amd most  stances are just crap. There is no point to use a short range weapon when poles and whips make the same damage with 20 X range. Some (support)frames need a redesign and they should make less damage when playing in group than solo, there is no fun to press 4 for the whole mission and kill the whole map while the other character  just sit down... The 4th ability should be a sort of smart bomb to help players during hard time not to abuse it.

There is no sense to play missions with a ML1 together with level 25 because the last one will obliterate the whole map and the ML1 will just press W to reach the extraction point(if he can reach it). he will not learn how to play that kind of mission and he will continue to rely on other people instead to learn the game mechanics...

i want a game when you need to use your skills to win not a game when you have all maxed rare mods, use a build on strength, range and duration, press 4 and if i die because i have no health armor and health someone will revive me...

Some smart guys says every weapon can be used during sorties... Yes try that on survival , extermination or defence with a braton or a baza(without a riven) on level 100 eximus, with bonus armor or enhanced shields...

Without a good riven or rare arcanes, killing an eidolon is hard, without  good weapons and a decent amp is just impossible(at least in public squads).

P.S: A lot of zaw rivens are coming out recently...

On 2018-11-12 at 9:42 PM, True_Naeblis said:

Popularity should never decide a weapon's Riven disposition. You are the design team, you should be testing your own weapons in content and seeing videos/feedback from active players as to how they perform in game and adjusting Rivens based on that so to at least some extent most weapons perform relatively on par with each other, taking into consideration their type. Poorly performing single round/slug type shotties should perform on par with or slightly better than their better counterparts when equipped with a good riven, etc. Readjusting Rivens every few days, weeks, months, or update cycles based on popularity makes absolutely zero sense.

As others have said in this thread, as myself and others have said many, many times before you literally create nothing but a yo-yo effect of increasing and decreasing popularity based on disposition when your system is arbitrated that way. Balance your weapons as best you can, then use Rivens to tweak that performance. Anything else is going to continue to be a catastrophe. How many players did you just lose because you decided to exempt Kohm yet nerfed extremely well-liked weapons like the Arca Plasmor?

Worse still is that one, some weapons you increased the dispo on were still nerfed in their stats because of inconsistencies in your system or because you intentionally tweaked them internally further, and two, that you ruined your own massive launch of Fortuna by dropping this without having a full Dev Workshop discussion beforehand. I cannot fathom that you didn't know their would be unhappy players even just discussing this, but to go live with this and pick and choose favorites smacks of poor connection to your community.

I'm not quitting; I play casually as the mood strikes, and the Login Reward revamp and Daily Standing caps on Fortuna/PoE already showed me that you only value one style of players that I don't fit into. I am, however, with this change made aware of things like the Ash and Ember nerfs, random changes, your insistence on ignoring feedback on systems like Endless Kuva and the Riven system in general, and solidified in not giving this game more than a trickle of cash for cosmetics here and there. Kinda sad cause I just picked up some new Tennogen and there's more that I'm looking forward to, but I just can't see the value in supporting the game heavily when you're so arbitrary with such sweeping changes for some elements of the game while staying hands off for others no matter how much constructive feedback is given.

Things like this really kill a lot of the good will you've built up with other decisions. Polarizing your players so heavily, to the extent that some delete all of their earned items, quit en masse, etc., should tell you that acting this way will do your game far more harm than benefit. I hope in the future you're more in touch with what your players want and how they feel before you do something so divisive again. This will definitely continue to put a pall over the Fortuna launch.

Very well  put. I feel  the same way about that update 

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

i really dont understand those numbers. can someone explain them to me from numbers to pips in game? not making any sense.

It's a multiplier on a riven's stats.  Below 1.0 it's lower than the baseline, above 1.0 means it's higher than the baseline.

Being honest. i would love a system who. When u riven got nerfed. U will be able stay with the unerfed version with a condition who U will not able to trade it anymore. 
If had a buff nothing happens.

And. if u got the condition of untrading your personel riven

for example. they nerfed rubico 1.1 > 0.95, if they buff again to 1.1 u will be able to trade it again.

Its pretty UNFAIR , Nerf personel rivens , we farmed a lot of kuva we rolled tons of times to get a good riven. To get nerfed ? Think about this :

If people are unable to trade the strongests rivens. they cant manipulate market and the riven trading will be the pretty SAME.

And people will stay happy with the personel rivens.

12 minutes ago, uritinum said:

Being honest. i would love a system who. When u riven got nerfed. U will be able stay with the unerfed version with a condition who U will not able to trade it anymore. 
If had a buff nothing happens.

And. if u got the condition of untrading your personel riven

for example. they nerfed rubico 1.1 > 0.95, if they buff again to 1.1 u will be able to trade it again.

Its pretty UNFAIR , Nerf personel rivens , we farmed a lot of kuva we rolled tons of times to get a good riven. To get nerfed ? Think about this :

If people are unable to trade the strongests rivens. they cant manipulate market and the riven trading will be the pretty SAME.

And people will stay happy with the personel rivens.

just because u only want to use a small handful of the guns that they put time and effort into making, doesnt mean u should get to keep ur busted rivens, without having them balanced

the idea of rivens, was to get you to use other weapons

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

just because u only want to use a small handful of the guns that they put time and effort into making, doesnt mean u should get to keep ur busted rivens, without having them balanced

The idea of rivens is to try more weapons, to buy more slots and riven slots and even to spend thousand of plat on rivens on the market  ----->  You will have to spend more plat and money ----> DE can make more money.

51 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The idea of rivens is to try more weapons, to buy more slots and riven slots and even to spend thousand of plat on rivens on the market  ----->  You will have to spend more plat and money ----> DE can make more money.

your not incetivized to spend plat in the trade channel, all of my rivens, all 60 of them, where form ether alerts, logins or the sortie

i have bought 0 rivens

1 hour ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

your not incetivized to spend plat in the trade channel, all of my rivens, all 60 of them, where form ether alerts, logins or the sortie

i have bought 0 rivens

Yes, you are.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

whats the incentive? 

Are you intoxicated?

21 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

what the incentive, if u can get to the riven cap of 90, without buying rivens?

i have rivens for the vectis the rubico and lanka, plus one for the supra and akbolto, and i have yet to buy rivens!

Rivens are turboRNG, the incentive to buy a Riven isn’t because Rivens are difficult to acquire, so much as the incentive to buy a Riven is because Rivens with GOOD stats for the weapon YOU want ARE difficult to acquire. You’re at the Riven cap of 90 in a game with what, 300+ weapons a Riven could be for?

Of course, that approach of treating a Riven as an expensive buff for your favorite weapon defeats the purpose of the Riven, since the Riven is supposed to be a cause for the player to use the weapon that the Riven is for, rather than for the player to seek out a Riven for a specific weapon, but hey.

41 minutes ago, RhythmScript said:

Rivens are turboRNG, the incentive to buy a Riven isn’t because Rivens are difficult to acquire, so much as the incentive to buy a Riven is because Rivens with GOOD stats for the weapon YOU want ARE difficult to acquire. You’re at the Riven cap of 90 in a game with what, 300+ weapons a Riven could be for?

Of course, that approach of treating a Riven as an expensive buff for your favorite weapon defeats the purpose of the Riven, since the Riven is supposed to be a cause for the player to use the weapon that the Riven is for, rather than for the player to seek out a Riven for a specific weapon, but hey.

sometimes it is, but u should not be going for full on god rolls ether, il stick with my flight speed multi-shot damage strun riven insted of trying to go and reroll it till it has negative zoom for boosted stats....

ur supost to grind, infact us ps4 players could have gotten a resource booster form the void trader on his last visit... and it ur far enough in the game like i am, u can get 24 hour boosters as login 

to farm Kuva i buy booster for 1 month for 200 pl to roll riven u need so much kuva an time losed in this to make a good stat sometimes after 100 roll and now  the Dev nerf my rivens why for any raison ? back memy plats my times losed in this game its not fan what u do every times w need to up all staf " warframe / compagnion kavat or kubrox sentinel /new stat weapon release etc .. or back all plats or money for players and Dev stay in this game alone 

On 2018-11-18 at 8:33 AM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Really you realize there are many 5 year veterans that still play this game and have used every weapon in the game and have seen Nerf after Nerf so your thought process is blind and naive.

People play Warframe to enjoy what they like. Not to play the game with the developers telling them what they have to play with just saying.

So lets Nerf Trinity 10 more times lol

On 2018-11-18 at 12:33 PM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

because is tons of hours in to a trash. tons of platinum with booster in to a trash. u shot in the dark trying ur luck. to finally get something nice. and them its nerfed?. 

No. This is totally. unfair . with new players. with endgame players too. i really think nerfing POPULAR weapons. IT ITS a bad move. 

Isnt just me who want to use Boosted rivens for fun. Its a farming game isnt ? More powerfull More efficient. 

Buff the weak weapons. to have more visibility in the game. They are UNTOUCHED, doenst have damage. status chance. crit chance/damage.

How players will use weapons who doenst kill a lv 30-40 mob ?Compare the new weapons with the old ones. them u'll get ur answer. 

2 hours ago, uritinum said:

because is tons of hours in to a trash. tons of platinum with booster in to a trash. u shot in the dark trying ur luck. to finally get something nice. and them its nerfed?. 

No. This is totally. unfair . with new players. with endgame players too. i really think nerfing POPULAR weapons. IT ITS a bad move. 

Isnt just me who want to use Boosted rivens for fun. Its a farming game isnt ? More powerfull More efficient

Buff the weak weapons. to have more visibility in the game. They are UNTOUCHED, doenst have damage. status chance. crit chance/damage.

How players will use weapons who doenst kill a lv 30-40 mob ?Compare the new weapons with the old ones. them u'll get ur answer. 

Seriously there are more weapons here than in the whole human history... The problem is 90% of them are just crap without a riven and they continue to publish new weapons that are the exact clones of the previous ones, (yes you have few crits  or stats more or less). Is it so hard to design new weapon mechanics?

DE here is a idea for Rivens make the power level of Rivens by mastery rank then people actually have to play with every gun to get a higher stat on the riven its a win win if you ask me at the point now there isn't even a good benefit to going over MR16 if people want good riven rolls they have to get higher mastery rank.

You make the veterans happy and players cant cry about there Rivens being Nerfed if they haven't mastered everything.

And i still think Nerfing is stupid in a PVE game to begin with.

1 star disposition 8-10MR

2 star disposition 11-12MR

3 star disposition 13 -14MR

4 star disposition 15 -23MR

5 star disposition 24 - and up

This is just a idea if you want power you gotta play to get it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

DE here is a idea for Rivens make the power level of Rivens by mastery rank then people actually have to play with every gun to get a higher stat on the riven its a win win if you ask me at the point now there isn't even a good benefit to going over MR16 if people want good riven rolls they have to get higher mastery rank.

You make the veterans happy and players cant cry about there Rivens being Nerfed if they haven't mastered everything.

And i still think Nerfing is stupid in a PVE game to begin with.

1 star disposition 8-10MR

2 star disposition 11-12MR

3 star disposition 13 -14MR

4 star disposition 15 -23MR

5 star disposition 24 - and up

This is just a idea if you want power you gotta play to get it.

Following you thoughts the only problem is to reach an higher ML so you can use devastating weapons obliterating everything in the room?!?!?! Are you serious or what? This would become a game for (totally) idiots. I am a MR 21 but i don't understand yet what's the point to have devastating weapons when there are no decent missions and enemies to use them.

Veteran players can complete bounties 40-60 with (almost)unmodded weapons and frames and the only point to get a god riven for now is:

"Yes i am cool because i can do 90% of damage at the end of the mission"...

Archived