[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

Really? Nerfing the actual Rivens in my inventory and not just the weapon disposition? That's a real scummy and lazy thing to do! How can you think this is a good idea? Not buffing the stats on Rivens for weapons that were buffed, but only nerfing the stats on nerfed weapons? Why? How can you not see how dumb this is? Theoretically you'll go around nerfing Riven mods themselves so eventually no one will have anything worth spit! And without buffing Riven mods in the inventory that means more Kuva farming! You think I want to sit and farm Kuva for a Riven that I've rolled? That is a big, giant, red, all-caps, flashing neon, 50M wide x 70M long sign that reads: F+++ NO. Kuva is Boring, with a capital 'B'. I have close to 2K hours into this game and this by far is the most asinine thing you have ever done, and this is coming from someone that farmed the Hema on his lonesome. The Hema's existence is not nearly as bad as forcing players to re-roll Rivens, use weapons they don't want to, and change their inventory without prior knowledge. I expect a company like EA or Activision to pull something like this, not you. You should be ashamed.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 5

So first you took Artax rivens out from the pool (which made them as overpriced as Primed Chamber) and now you are pulling all the other sentinel weapon rivens too?

Hey how about actually BUFFING those sentinel weapons instead? Has that thought ever crossed your minds???

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Some transparency on weapon usage would go a long way to explaining why certain values went up/down. A lot of comments are complaining about the values changes because they can't see all the data. They can only see the data they know (themselves and the players they interacted with in-game). You might think a weapon is very underused, but in reality, a decent amount of people may be using it. Providing us with a chart of weapon usage would answer a lot of our questions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 минут назад, PERSONA-NON-GRAKATA сказал:

Welp, time to get rich, I guess 😏

lmao no this is trash because there's thousands of these out there, it's no Artax riven lol

11 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

You mean like the viper? I only even started using it because i picked up a decent riven for it. Wasnt that the purpose? And now they nerfed it. How does that make sense? I dont think the argument can be made that the viper is a popular weapon....

Some of the changes make sense, and some of them are really bad...  all this does is create cycles of popular weapons until the next riven changes.

What about the panthera? Hardly a popular weapon. Why nerf that too? The point is to make unpopular weapons more popular.... and then turn around and nerf them and make them unpopular again?

I really enjoy both these weapons because they were NOT meta. They both got nerfed and neither of them can be considered anywhere near being classified as a meta-blaster..... and yet the corinth got buffed...

This. "But... muh meta" is a ridiculous argument when you look at what did and didnt get changed.

The next question is how many more "incremental changes" are we gonna see?

Most of the changes are not really signifcant. 

If one thing can be learned from this just in case it was not clear from the start - NEVER pay thousands of plats if a rly strong weapon has a rly high disposition unless you are ok with the fact that it will be a time limited thing...

Prepare Gram Prime riven owners...

• Upvote 1

Pretty messed up to alter stats on current rivens, not just stats on new rivens going forward. Pretty disappointed with this tbh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

Really? Nerfing the actual Rivens in my inventory and not just the weapon disposition? That's a real scummy and lazy thing to do! How can you think this is a good idea? Not buffing the stats on Rivens for weapons that were buffed, but only nerfing the stats on nerfed weapons? Why? How can you not see how dumb this is? Theoretically you'll go around nerfing Riven mods themselves so eventually no one will have anything worth spit! And without buffing Riven mods in the inventory that means more Kuva farming! You think I want to sit and farm Kuva for a Riven that I've rolled? That is a big, giant, red, all-caps, flashing neon, 50M wide x 70M long sign that reads: F+++ NO. Kuva is Boring, with a capital 'B'. I have close to 2K hours into this game and this by far is the most asinine thing you have ever done, and this is coming from someone that farmed the Hema on his lonesome. The Hema's existence is not nearly as bad as forcing players to re-roll Rivens, use weapons they don't want to, and change their inventory without prior knowledge. I expect a company like EA or Activision to pull something like this, not you. You should be ashamed.

Yeah...I wasn't surprised by the riven disposition changes but I didnt expect them to change the riven stats beyond the disposition.  Can't say I'm angry but I'm pretty much not in the mood to play today.  I logged in after the big patch, looked at all my weapons, logged out.  Did this about 3 times.  The one that hurts me the most is my pyrana going from above 100 crit chance to below 100 crit chance.  Ive had that riven long before the prime came out and it was my most used secondary.  I might play tonight since my gaming group will want me to come along but really I don't feel like playing warframe anymore after this.  It's cool I guess and not the end of the world, and I have plenty other games to play,  I just wish I didn't feel so bummed out now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Miter: 1.6->1.55

Are you serious? That weapon is used mainly for the utility of its augment, not its power. I have a very good Miter riven and its power still simply doesn't compare to most other weapons at higher levels.

Even with the augment, that only gives the Miter an edge against one Corpus enemy type. A kubrow fart can deal more damage to high level Grineer than even a god rivened Miter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Where is the kohm nerf? it was much more used than the Astilla!!

If you nerf the kohm disposition too much you create a useless weapon. If it can't get over 120% SC that is.

• Like 1

ok, i like that the changes arent huge or anything, but still, its like the person behind them is not really in touch with the subject...i mean you nerf astilla but buff corinth? Have you ever thought that the riven disposition makes some weapons popular and its not just  the weapons themselves? I mean if you nerf the rivens, then the weapons will become less popular, cause rivens made them popular in the first place, and then what?  buff the disposition again?since the weapons will not be so popular anymore? I mean wtf, who uses azima?or askomati or vasto p?just a handfull of people. Sicarus nerf is fine but most of them make no sense.. i mean..pox buff?they are one of the if not the best secondaries ingame?same with synoid gammacor.And aklex?really?its not bad enough as it is?Vectis has a lower dispo than lanka and rubico, and you see one person using vectis for each ten if not more persons using the other two.I mean you nefed buzlock dispo?of all weapons, buzlock???? i know its strong with the right riven, but the last time i saw one, was when i leveled it for mr points. I refuse to accept that these changes are made from player usage, i just refuse to accept it. If you are going to do something just do it, dont just scratch the surface, sicarus p, prisma gremlins are two of the strongest secondaries right now, just make their dispo 2, tiberon is strong,maybe make it a 4 or 3 dispo, snipers needed no change imo, i never use them so i am as objective as it gets, they are just used for one kind of content and you know which one, you also know why, you could have made lots of adjustments to change that you know, just nerfing all the commonly used snipers is not a cure, is just a bandage.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

When you don’t clarify the purpose of rivens for 2 years to bode players into righteously spending thousands on plat, then nerf it all with no warning.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

I feel that the hole update seems random except the nerfs that were really directed and intentional. 

The nerfs hit a lot harder than the buffs, Im not saying that some of the nerfs were not needed but we are not getting anything in return, I dont see any of the buffs been really relevant

As a heavy riven invester, I just feel like Im not going to spend my plats on rivens anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Anyone spending more than 500 on a Riven is out of their mind and is saturated by a bunch of endgame tools and MR25  knobs with nothing better to do with their freetime than throw a digital currency around.

Secondly Sweeper Prime with a high end riven is absolutely hilarious on anything lower than T3 Sortie.  I don't think Sentinel rivens as lackluster because the weapons themselves are the problem.  It would also help alleviate this issue by removing the bar from Sentinel mod sharing like you did with pets and Venari, but actually addressing that issue doesn't seem to be anyone's priority like several outdated things in WF.

Still, a bandaid is better than nothing in WF's carcinogenic trading.

• Upvote 2

I could see a lot of this coming. Some of it is kinda eh inducing, some of it is groan inducing, but one part in specific is WTF inducing.

Why are sniper rifles getting nerfed? Seriously, the only reason their usage skyrocketed was because of Eidolons. The only time you EVER see snipers used outside of plains is when peeps are leveling them on Hydron.

So a single application makes sniper rifles EVEN LESS practical in KPM based gametypes? You see, this metric right here; as well as the inane degree of RNG involved in re-rolling, are why I think Rivens were a bad idea to begin with.

Maybe DE should consider making exclusions on the premise of practical applications? Also, maybe they should consider rethinking the criteria of their metric to include ONLY players who have achieved MR 16; who have access to all the weapons and Rivens; who can set the precedents for the meta; while also using ONLY average weapon usage as of the last 6 months, as opposed to average weapon usage of all time?

Weapons like the Soma Prime were dominant many, many, many metas ago; why does the obsolete Soma Prime still have a garbage Riven disposition compared to the modern meta monster Tiberon Prime; who packs a jaw droppingly high Riven Disposition?

The Riven metric, as it is currently being implemented, is just awful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Seems these players who cringe at these changes, never played or remember when rivens were just a second, lucid dream. Good job with these changes DE. Whatever you do, is done for something. 

Edited by SHADOWSLIFER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1

I think the problem here is that you should never have made rivens for already popular weapons to begin with if the systems goal was to induce people to use underused weapons. In addition you would've need to do have more focus on what those rivens did for the weapons, fixing their flaws instead of a random system wherein anything could happen. While anyone who paid for rivens in ridiculous amounts has no one to blame but themselves, DE is responsible for waiting till now to do an update on a system that been in the game this long. If they are meant to do what you say then move the dispositions more often, at least every 4 months so that people would not see them as investments. 

One way to deal with people's anger on this might be to reset every rivens reroll cost to base when you do it.

• Upvote 5

Thank you for this. I've been waiting a long time for riven disposition to get defibrilated. Frankly you should do these montly, so that people didn't get too comfortable.
I mean, sure, this barely hit me in any negative way - almost all of these changes are a + to me. Maybe except for Sicarus, but that one was completely warranted.
So yeah. Looking up to rebuilding some of the forgotten weapons. Once i get rivens for them that is...

Edited by Artek94
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Really because my amprex riven went from 197% CC to 172% cc and CD went from 154% CD. There was no announcement of this its was a arbitrary decision from DE. people grind for kuva and spend 1k+ plat for a riven just for the stats to be lowered like this bad move. And thanks for giveing new players 700 day login rewards at 100 days... #RIP  

• Haha 5
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Soma definetly needs more buff to keep up with tenora , prisma grakata , tiberon etc

This thread has more pages than the Fortuna announcement one, it seems we like the riven changes more than the whole new Fortuna thing uh?

-ironic mode off-

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

NOW WE JUST NEED TO USE BAD WEAPONS  ALL THE TIME, AND DE WILL NERF THESE BAD WEAPON INSTEAD BUFF THEM JUST BAESD ON USING RATE. VERY CLEVER, ISN' IT?

• Haha 2
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, TheBronx said:

This thread has more pages than the Fortuna announcement one, it seems we like the riven changes more than the whole new Fortuna thing uh?

-ironic mode off-

This should tell you that this was a bad move and the timing even worse. 
-no irony here- 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3