[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

I’m at a loss as to why they didn’t just buff older dispositions, nothing even with a godly riven is game breaking or overused and it allowed veterans something to actually strive for.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Well well, all of my most used weapon getting 'nerfed'. 

What can I say, hard to collect, nerfed in the end. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

So I've seen it a few times but I want to echo it a bit more... Hek disposition in game does not reflect the notes DE posted here. My Hek Riven remains unchanged. 

Fortunately all of my other Rivens were nerfed, thankfully that made it through!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Asdryu said:

Most of these changes don't make no sense.
Rubico: nothing relevant and everyone uses it like no tomorrow.
Tonkor, Spira, Dread, Hek- WHO USES THEM?
Vectis got nerfed too: ok whatever. I got it. This is random <.<

Rubico, Vectis, and Lanka; all are used while Eidolon hunting. so the disposition changes are not random at all.

Vectis is more of a "overall content" gun instead of being better for eidolon hunts; but it is still effective with a good riven; able to 2-6 shot limbs

Rubico is the mid point between the Vectis and the Lanka; able to also 2-5 shot limbs with a decent riven.

Lanka is the #1 Eidolon hunting weapon able to 1-2 shot limbs with only a "Decent" riven. it also has innate Radiation damage making it ideal for the job.

Hope this information helps.

From what I see... you guys just lowered the disposition of pretty much everything. Seems very lazy. 

Edited by Aeron216
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I own a kohm and detron riven.

Arbitrarily ignoring the player usage numbers for a specific weapon and not making adjustments intentionally on them, completely undermines everything about what we've been told disposition is.

What even is disposition if it's not about how much certain weapons are used or how unpopular they are?

You could automate what rivens get changed and by how much just by looking at your usage statistics.

Edited by Ghogiel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Lanka is such a fringe use case that nerfing its dispo. Makes no sense. Most enemies will get 1shot by it with no riven anyway. A strong lanka riven is really only used for eidolon. It can't rip through crowds of enemies and actually requires aiming. The only reason i can really see for this is because 'god' lanka rivens are so expensive and i assume there's some kind if issue with large plat transactions.

Then again most of the changes on this list make no sense because dispo. Systen is still a mess.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

I still believe Riven dispositions should be based on how strong the weapon is over how often it's used, but hopefully a few more disposition changes will get things properly in line, though I will admit that I'm also surprised to see a few of these weapons go down a bit, like the Miter.

Gotta say though, unlike many players in this thread, I'm not salty in the least. Yeah, my Miter's a littler weaker now, but it did just fine without a Riven before anyway. Maybe I'm just taking it better since I'm apparently one of the few who knew Riven dispositions were never meant to be static and didn't only use them to scam people out of plat.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

lmao no this is trash because there's thousands of these out there, it's no Artax riven lol

you'd be suprised how many people sell them as trash (and they were melted down) as a result of their inherent price and dispositions.. Give it some time and they will be rising just like the Artax riven; albeit probably at a slower pace.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wileycat said:

time to uninstall what the fck one good update and ruin it completly by nerfing pve weapons im never paying a dime for this game again

yup pretty stupid of them then again at this point not surprised.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

Really? Nerfing the actual Rivens in my inventory and not just the weapon disposition? That's a real scummy and lazy thing to do! How can you think this is a good idea? Not buffing the stats on Rivens for weapons that were buffed, but only nerfing the stats on nerfed weapons? Why? How can you not see how dumb this is? Theoretically you'll go around nerfing Riven mods themselves so eventually no one will have anything worth spit! And without buffing Riven mods in the inventory that means more Kuva farming! You think I want to sit and farm Kuva for a Riven that I've rolled? That is a big, giant, red, all-caps, flashing neon, 50M wide x 70M long sign that reads: F+++ NO. Kuva is Boring, with a capital 'B'. I have close to 2K hours into this game and this by far is the most asinine thing you have ever done, and this is coming from someone that farmed the Hema on his lonesome. The Hema's existence is not nearly as bad as forcing players to re-roll Rivens, use weapons they don't want to, and change their inventory without prior knowledge. I expect a company like EA or Activision to pull something like this, not you. You should be ashamed.

1 hour ago, Dougram said:

Yeah...I wasn't surprised by the riven disposition changes but I didnt expect them to change the riven stats beyond the disposition.  Can't say I'm angry but I'm pretty much not in the mood to play today.  I logged in after the big patch, looked at all my weapons, logged out.  Did this about 3 times.  The one that hurts me the most is my pyrana going from above 100 crit chance to below 100 crit chance.  Ive had that riven long before the prime came out and it was my most used secondary.  I might play tonight since my gaming group will want me to come along but really I don't feel like playing warframe anymore after this.  It's cool I guess and not the end of the world, and I have plenty other games to play,  I just wish I didn't feel so bummed out now.

yup uninstalling after this was excited to try fortuna oh well maybe de will learn not to #*!% with player time and investment till then im done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Good to see the changes.

And good to see people mad about it, it means you spend too much time/money on it.

Think twice before investing same degree of resource on next meta weapon.

Just use the riven naturally, don't feel forced to maximize cause it is a mod that will change through times.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

I really question the timing of this. Fortuna just came out and there will be mountains and mountains of feedback for it.

DE has shown in the past to respond favorably to negative/constructive community feedback (IPS changes, frame balancing). I would consider this feedback to be of critical importance to some of the games most loyal players. Pushing this with Fortuna just means this feedback will take a backseat to content that is certainly more important, but why not push this through weeks ago when player feedback for this could have been responded to with more focus?

The nerf to my Arca Riven doesn't make me want to use it less and then start using the Javlok more. It just means that a gun I had a ton of fun with will still be my best and personal favorite option.... but 19% weaker. I don't understand the point of that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, (PS4)llPROGODll said:

yup uninstalling after this was excited to try fortuna oh well maybe de will learn not to #*!% with player time and investment till then im done.

DE had said from the beginning Riven dispositions would change. If players were too ignorant to understand that and, for some reason, believed what we had would stay, well that's on you. This falls completely on you, not DE.

But since you're uninstalling over your own misunderstanding, bye!

Edited by Fukushu
removed an unnecessary comma
  • Like 4
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, (PS4)isk1lzpwn said:

Really because my amprex riven went from 197% CC to 172% cc and CD went from 154% CD. There was no announcement of this its was a arbitrary decision from DE. people grind for kuva and spend 1k+ plat for a riven just for the stats to be lowered like this bad move. And thanks for giveing new players 700 day login rewards at 100 days... #RIP  

paying 1k plat for a riven dispo 2 weapon is the real crime here

anything below riven dispo 3 is not worth it, the stats are simply too low

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 минут назад, (PS4)isk1lzpwn сказал:

Really because my amprex riven went from 197% CC to 172% cc and CD went from 154% CD. There was no announcement of this its was a arbitrary decision from DE. people grind for kuva and spend 1k+ plat for a riven just for the stats to be lowered like this bad move.

You knew what you were signing up for though. Isn't it a general knowledge that its not set in stone and DE always said that they will adjust it when needed?

I understand that losing stats on good rivens kinda suck - i had my share of hits as well, but rivens were never meant to create power creep monsters. This wasn't a perfect adjustment, but i'd say its a move in right direction. Half of my riven arsenal was improved with this.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

DE had said from the beginning Riven dispositions would change. If players were too ignorant to understand that and, for some reason, believed what we had would stay, well that's on you. This falls completely on you, not DE.

But since, you're uninstalling over your own misunderstanding, bye!

They did say they would change but that change took far too long in coming, leading to players treating them as investments. People are going to be understandably upset as they feel their time was wasted. The timeframe to change rivens enmasse was in 3-4 month increments not half a year to near an entire year. This would've prevented people from using them as investments.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Anti_The_Psycho said:

was going to come back for fortuna, but i think im going to hold off for a bit. clearly de hasnt learned from any of its many past mistakes.

you sir deserve a beer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I can understand not wanting to announce it prior due to market manipulation, however, you all have to understand how much plat was invested into these rivens. People grind for these, and it more of an endgame thing. 

The changes don't really affect bad weapons. So they got a little buff? This won't necessarily cause people to use them. This did 'ruin' a lot of weapons for a lot of people. If anything make new rivens take on these properties, but don't make it a retroactive change. I feel so bad for the people who dropped 1k plat on a riven, only to have it nerfed.

I haven't read every post on this thread, but the majority I've seen all view this change as negative.

• Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Sishan said:

They did say they would change but that change took far too long in coming, leading to players treating them as investments. People are going to be understandably upset as they feel their time was wasted. The timeframe to change rivens enmasse was in 3-4 month increments not half a year to near an entire year. This would've prevented people from using them as investments.

Oh, I understand it took a very long time for these changes to come, but it still falls on the player to understand dispositions change. Again, we've been told from the beginning that these dispositions would fluctuate, and while I'm still against the way DE manages these mods (they really should only be based on the strength of the weapon instead of popularity), I, and what looks like only a few others, was in full understanding that even with how much time and effort it takes to get these mods and however long we get to use them, we shouldn't grow to attached to them since there's always the chance they could go up or down in disposition.

Again, if people grew too comfy with their Rivens, that's on them. If people spent thousands of plat on Rivens that are now weaker, that's on them. None of this is DE's fault; it's all on the player for either growing ignorant to the potential of their Rivens changing or being completely ignorant to the fact they can change at all. Will I be a little upset if my Grinlok Riven ever goes down? A little, but you won't see me ranting about DE screwing everyone over and saying I'm going to uninstall the game over it.

Just now, -NightmareMoon- said:

NO melee why!?

The venka have 1 riven disposition, HOW?  no one use the damn thing, no body! COME ON!

Read the post again:

Melee Rivens have NOT been changed yet; those tweaks will come along with weapon rebalancing in Melee 3.0.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2