[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

4 hours ago, (XB1)Leiviboy said:

anyone else also didnt get buffed hek riven? my stats are still the same 

I noticed the same thing. My HEK riven stats are exactly the same as they were before.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)doom-monger a dit :

i don't follow the meta. i play with weapons that i enjoy. if some of my fav weapons are meta, then ok whatever.

the issue here is that time and effort are put into obtaining the stats on our rivens. If De is just going to decide to nerf our rivens, then it makes the rivens, our time and effort meaninglesss

I understand that now so i will never buy or farm kuva for rivens ever again.

Then don't put all this "time and effort" in something that was advertised as evolving from the very begining. It's been said from day 1 that riven dispositions would be updated. Did DE do it often enough?  Not at all. Does it mean you couldn't see that coming? Again, no.

These changes made many weapons a lot more interesting like the Penta or the Latron. It's up to you to give them a try. Rivens are like trash, they can be found everywhere, all the time. I have so many I'm just selling veiled ones these days since I'm getting so many. At least 2-3 a week, that's insane. You shouldn't treat rivens as valuable items because they are not.

• Like 4
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

the soma needs a bigger disposition buff. it used to be extremely good, but that has sadly changed. i love the soma, which is why i was so excited about this. i would probably say a riven disposition of 3 or 4 stars (preferably close to 4 if its 3) would make it pretty good with a riven without making it too broken.

I normally like how DE handles the game, but not this time.

1st, im well aware rivens are not required on good weapons. But when you get good rivens for them only to see them nerfed after hours upon hours of kuva farming (no DE, kuva farming is NOT FUN) I got why people would be angry.

2nd, while we were warned that disposition changes were a thing we were not warned about our existing rivens being messed with. This in particular annoys people because rivens are an investment, time and kuva or plat. it's quite aggravating to see your work slowly wither away and die!

3ed, this system dose not make bad weapons good if their stats are carp. Even if you get 100% status on a 5% weapon its still only 10%. This system is flawed by design in that regard and dose not serve its porpous to make weaker weapons more appealing.

(If rivens modified the weapons base stats before other mods and were rebalanced for this I think it would actually work. give them their own slot like arcanes and there you go. MR lock the slot based on the weapon. maybe +4 Mr above the weapons base capping out at 20 MR. Also tie the stat ranges to a system with 3 tiers, overused no bonus, used a 1.5 bonus, and underused a 2.0 bonus. It's quick, clean, and you cause way less crazyness)

4th, you took way to long to update this. If rivens were constantly fluctuating then people wouldn't be pissed that the 50+ rolled opticor riven they worked their arse off for is weaker now... Just after getting it. This needs to be a constant thing or it needs to go completely.

Rivens were a poorly implimented concept as is. Nowhere near as bad as vivergate, that was complete BS on steroids, from what i hear. but as it is now the system needs work to even fulfill its intended porpous.

I did post prior but that was venting. This is pointing out the problems. And why their problems.

Edited by (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

As av vet plater who hast put inn countless hour and million of kuva to get the roll i wanted this feels like a slapp inn the face. Not really encouraging to put more time in this to tweak av weapon to makes it more fun. U have atleast made me reconsider all the hours ive put in to this game. Feelsbadman 

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, sixmille said:

Then don't put all this "time and effort" in something that was advertised as evolving from the very begining. It's been said from day 1 that riven dispositions would be updated. Did DE do it often enough?  Not at all. Does it mean you couldn't see that coming? Again, no.

These changes made many weapons a lot more interesting like the Penta or the Latron. It's up to you to give them a try. Rivens are like trash, they can be found everywhere, all the time. I have so many I'm just selling veiled ones these days since I'm getting so many. At least 2-3 a week, that's insane. You shouldn't treat rivens as valuable items because they are not.

i thought de was never going to touch riven dispo ever again. I assumed they were going to leave it as it is since they left riven dispo unchanged for so long, . I was foolish for thinking that.

à l’instant, (PS4)doom-monger a dit :

i thought de was never going to touch riven dispo ever again. I assumed they were going to leave it as it is since they left riven dispo unchanged for so long, . I was foolish for thinking that.

Sorry but you asked for it. Don't speculate about what people might do, listen to what they say they're going to do. General life tip that works IRL too.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

I've literally been sitting in a chair for over an hour now jumping around in my ship. Do I sell my rivens for 5p or turn them into endo...

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, sixmille said:

Sorry but you asked for it. Don't speculate about what people might do, listen to what they say they're going to do. General life tip that works IRL too.

your're right. Lesson learned but i was so new to riven collecting that i couldn't resist to indulge. Well i had my fun, rip

Edited by (PS4)doom-monger

2 minutes ago, C9Mirajane said:

I've literally been sitting in a chair for over an hour now jumping around in my ship. Do I sell my rivens for 5p or turn them into endo...

don't. we'll bounce back from this slaughter. just remember what happened today whenever you consider buying and farming kuva for rivens. 

il y a 2 minutes, C9Mirajane a dit :

No. They're still better than regular mods in most cases. The only exception is going from 2 pips to 1 then it depends. You will regret it eventually if you delete them. Anger is usually a terrible adviser.

Some of mu rivens have been hit quite hard by the changes like my arca plasmor and supra (both really have excellent rolls) and they're still worthy. The weapons are still very much playable and strong BTW. None of them needs any kind of riven upgrades to kill NPCs in the 150s with ease. And how often do you see that kind of level? How often are you sitting in a survival for 2h? And most importantly how often are you using your guns over your warframes in that scenario?

All this to say that these riven disposition changes are mostly cosmetic. You will still one shot all of the star chart and sortie NPCs, but the numbers won't go so much over their health pool. In practice it makes little to no difference.

The weapons that needed the most help like the Penta or the least used rifles did get a bump though. In some cases it's quite significant.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Unveiling a Sentinel weapon Riven was simply lackluster compared to more applicable weapons.

Why not just make Sentinel weapons more worth using? Having some growing doubts here about DE's objectivity....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Zilotz said:

Why nerf it?

We need a weapon for eidolon hunts, right?

And if i knew it will be nerfed i would not get rubico prime at all.

You do know that the weapon is powerful even without  a Riven, right?

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

While I kind of agree about some of the riven re-balancing, because some of the weapons were basically greatly superior to others (take tiberon prime with a good riven for example, it is MUCH better than any other rifle in the game), but some of the changes were quite harsh. I have pretty good tiberon riven myself, but I don't use the weapon too much because I prefer shotguns, even so seeing losing over 15% of the overall dps output of my tiberon build makes me sad.

I currently hold 74 rivens. Majority of these rivens have actually been bought with plat. My style is to get a riven, check the weapon the riven is for and then roll it some times to get something. If I like the weapon I most likely sell my own riven (because I don't want to roll 40+ times to get a really good one) and buy better rolled riven for the same weapon. I never get any "profit" from this, the riven I sell is always much cheaper than the one I replace it with, and this is actually the reason why it pisses me off when a riven gets changed to something that can be over 15% worse than it was before.

If riven rolling was a lot cheaper to do than it is today (3,5k per roll for 10+ rolls) this would be a non-issue, or if one could lock riven stats and then roll the remaining stats with increased amount of kuva (ie. lock one stat, pay twice as much for the next roll, lock two stats and pay 3x as much for the next roll).

All in all, I recommed DE staff to check how "awesome" riven rolling is from Dimitri V2's 100 riven reroll videos. Most of the rolls dimitri gets in those videos are absolute garbage and it takes 336k kuva or so to do those 100 rolls...

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, sixmille said:

Perhaps, but DE said they would adjust dispositions, and adjustments never came. Actions speak louder than words. I do agree with you that players shouldn’t have looked at rivens as long term investments, but I don’t believe this was the best way to go about changing things. A bit more warning and signaling would’ve been appreciated. With a month or so of lead time, I don’t think anyone would be able say they were at an information deficit compared to those wily forum goers.

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice, getting a bad weapon is one thing but getting a sentinel riven was a kick in the teeth. Most of what i have seems to have gone up a bit and i really doubt that what has gone down will be to much different and in any case i wont be bothered since i didn't pay a silly price for what rivens i have.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

man, people are really crying about something they knew would come. the plat spent is your fault ( kuva is another story, but this is easier, le just ask for a reduction on cost or something)

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)nekokujo a dit :

Perhaps, but DE said they would adjust dispositions, and adjustments never came. Actions speak louder than words. I do agree with you that players shouldn’t have looked at rivens as long term investments, but I don’t believe this was the best way to go about changing things. A bit more warning and signaling would’ve been appreciated. With a month or so of lead time, I don’t think anyone would be able say they were at an information deficit compared to those wily forum goers.

Give me a month of warning and I will loot and plunder the plat balance of others like there's no tomorrow. It would have been glorious but it's better that way as I would have otherwise scammed unaware players without much remorse.

so why wont you let me give you money for more than 90 rivens...(i would have kept 1 of each sentinel mod none of which are under 500plat atm and rising...)

Thank you sooo much for saving the LOT of work i did on my 100% status guns OMG thnx!!!

• Upvote 3

JC, the amount of people that actually thought they would keep their riven stats intact is way too high. If you spent plat/real money on rivens, that's on you. The system was subject to change from the beginning. There were countless threads stating this in the forums, and even the riven page in the wiki says so. Maybe this will teach a part of the community that paying 5k+ plat in a single mod isn't worth it.

There are a few weird buffs/nerfs here and there, but for the most part, the changes are minor. Your rivens still have the perfect stats, just not the same numbers. This isn't breaking most builds out there. It's not the end of the world.

There so much salt here that I'm not gonna be surprised if DE does something about all these rants.

EDIT: Oh, yes. Melee riven changes coming at a later date, so get ready for some more.

Edited by Guest

The nerf to the Aklex Riven is so unnecessary. Barely anyone uses the Aklex or Aklex Prime, c’mon DE. What are you guys doing? I have an Aklex Prime with +247% Damage and +135 Multishot with -52% Status Duration, now it’s dropped down to +227% Damage, +124% Multishot, and -48% Status Duration.

I don’t see why there is a need for you guys to nerf the disposition for Aklex because it’s not even a game breaking weapon, even with a riven. Like, this is my reliable weapon, that I have noticed nobody uses. Rarely do I ever see any player using this weapon in pubs. For the duration that the Aklex Prime has been out, excluding its first release, I’m always the only one using the Aklex Prime in any squad, so I don’t see why you’d even nerf it.

Barely anyone sells Aklex rivens as well, and I don’t see anyone exploiting the riven in the market either. 

I hope you guys really fix this back.

• Upvote 2

nooooo my tiberon riven 😭 no more perfect recoil

Edit: oh wait.. I tested it out and the - recoil is still pretty much the same as it was before

Edited by Shane1412
retested -recoil tiberon prime riven
  • Haha 1