[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

Honestly after all this time, it's still the same 'ol issues.

You guys initially created the Riven system for the purposes of people using the non-meta weapons. I get that the meta is constantly changing, but you did essentially dig your own hole here. At some point you gotta question whether you should keep digging, because this Riven system isn't getting any better imho. I've seen plenty of suggestions on how to fix it throughout the forums. I don't see disposition as your saving grace in the long run.

Also, with removing sentinel rivens, all you did was increase sentinel riven prices. People are still going to want them regardless if they seem lackluster on unveiling. Surely you'll add them to another riven generation pool not related to unveiling. Perhaps a system where you spend certain resources and some credits to choose what sentinel riven you want. Or smash together random rivens at a terminal and you can choose what sentinel riven you want. A lot of different ways you can do it without removing it from the game completely.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Reavere said:

What was the point of removing sentinel weapon riven mods?

It encourages people to buy platinum to afford rivens for their new Moa pets, who can use sentinel guns.

This in turn helps Digital Extremes create an even better game as they get more funding.

Edited by SymmetricalDocking
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SymmetricalDocking said:

It encourages people to buy platinum to afford rivens for their new Moa pets.

This in turn helps Digital Extremes create an even better product as they get more funding.

No, its just $&*&*#(%&ed. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Fluxinated said:

Can someone explain what the decimals mean... Ex. Ferrox from 1.0 > 1.1? I really have no idea lol

It was buffed to make rivens effect it more positively.

moment like this is why I'm happy I dont like meta weapon. love finding new one that no one used an was happy to find some were my fravorite from the start Akjagara Panthera.an more suffered trying to show people how good thay were evin befor some buff's an still no buyer or seller for that perfect riven so I had to do it my self only good side it was cheap riven but 10 pathera riven latter so close but still so far. from the one I want. the trade chat was oway the same mete riven. people how hear it was strong but never really tested it past lv 155. my pathera build destroy a god tier acraplasmor riven. an so one. people should try more vs going on what the trade chat think is good. the Acra plasmor was trash really to true end game. it had to much weakness. slow fire rate low dps one damage type slow moveing ranged shot. it damage fool so many how do base pve game but it fall fast evin with the perfect riven. I found my self needing Zephyr to give it great range to not wast a weapon slot. no matter what build you went for it had to have at least one weakness. people over pay for it. fun weapon sure great weapon sure. but it did not have much with out diffent every build you could make with it

Edited by (XB1)xxSeemyevilxx

Isso desanima jogar gastei dias e horas para conseguir os rivens da rubico e da lanka com + ms + cc + cd-zoom, pra isso que são os nerfados brincadeira isso, o que você tem e não é um pouco, colecionei rivens e agora Eu quero que você não tenha mais sorte, eu estou arrependendo de ter comprado tanta plantina nesse jogo.

Edited by (XB1)LordBolt

Lanka: 1.1->0.95

Opticor: 1.21->1.15

Rubico: 1.1->0.95

Supra: 1.14->1.0

Tiberon: 1.5->1.3

Astilla: 1.2->1.1

Azima: 1.35->1.25

Pyrana: 1.2->1.0

Vasto: 1.53->1.4

Welp, looks like Digital "No Fun Allowed™" Extremes is at it again.

Thanks for screwing up my arsenal.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 5

Argonak: 1.0->1.1

Tiberon: 1.5->1.3

Suggestion, could you please consider buffing the Argonak to 1.5 or 1.6? Possibly even higher? The Tiberon Prime has higher stats than the Argonak yet still has higher riven disposition which is kinda silly and still can't compete with it. Tiberon would be fine at simply 1.0 not going to lie it's a great weapon without a riven similar to how Gram Prime is currently with the strong disposition still on it's side.

I really like the Argonak ability to highlight enemies... give more more of a reason to use it!

Parei com esse jogo, DE sabe do meu histórico de compra de platinas essas compras era só por causa dos rivens. É triste.

Edited by (XB1)LordBolt

7 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Many of you have mentioned the Kohm as well as Detron - These weapons were marked for a reduction, but we opted not to change them, because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

fact check false. mara detron has 32% base status. it can already reach 100% status before multishot without a riven if you use all dual stat mods.

• Upvote 1

a veteran's build is not a playground that you can mess up uninvited i had such a good Vectis riven was surprised to see it nerfred like that 

and btw "most used weapons" lanka, rubico and vectis are the Only eidolon snipers out there of course they'l be used   

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Dread_Maximus said:

fact check false. mara detron has 32% base status. it can already reach 100% status before multishot without a riven if you use all dual stat mods.

I think the intention here is to keep it so you don't have to use all 4 dual stat mods. A hit here could require you to add another element and greatly decrease the amount of a particular status effect you're looking for. 100% status with only corrosive is much better than 100% status with corrosive heat.

Ofcourse DE is not responsible for the platinum price players put on rivens, But how these rivens affect the weapons makes it so enticing for players to pay the price. DE has to realize (and I'm sure they do) that whatever they do with one aspect of the game will affect other aspects.The responsibility i believe should be shared between the players and DE. They've done as much if you remember that time someone spent 200$? to roll for something about a kubrow and DE stepped in to prevent this. Well the riven is technically another slot machine where you can buy out the jackpot for a hefty price. The player should be responsible enough not to spend too much on the game (although they are free to do so) and DE should be responsible to not let the prices go out of control.

What about people who put in the time to unveil a weapon riven they want and a roll they like for the weapon? Why does the META affect them. What if they just like the weapon that just so happens to be a META weapon. Theyre META/popular for a reason.

I think its good that DE wants players to try the other weapons but the riven system and how it's buffed and nerfed kind of forces players to switch instead of gently nudging them to try. If they really want to promote the use of other weapons (non-META weapons) then do something with the weapons themselves. Change the stats(lazy fix but still effective), add mechanics (makes it interesting) , sometimes a cool looking skin (fashion frame is real) is even enough. The RIVEN could be the end game boost for players who have put in enough time in the game to be in end game (endurance runs, sorties, arbitration, eidolons).Kind of like the final oomph to get you and your weapons to another level.

I really like the Arca Plasmor, a pump shotgun, railgun, no aim needed, aoe, punch through. So i got real happy when i got a riven for it. and even happier when i got a nice roll for it (its not godly but its nice +dmg +cc but - status duration). but now because its META, it got nerfed. its sill viable and i'll most likely move on and keep using the weapon cause there's nothing quite like it, but at the moment (at least), it feels like the time i put in was wasted.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Dread_Maximus said:

I think it was intended for the normal Detron ( a godly weapon). But hey, they buffed the Tonkor riven after the weapon was nerfed (that balance change). I think we should play more with Kraken maybe it gets a well deserved nerf. I mean the weapon is great you can kill level 8 enemies with it but i think it's overpowered. That weapon is intended to kill max level 2 mobs with it.

Have you seen Mitter in action? It really makes a difference in excavations or defences when you are swarmed by a battalion of mobs but you are still trying to charge your weapon just to hit one poor Charger. Mitter still has the same bug where you can damage the Assassination Targets with 50 dmg per charged shot.

So nerfs is the logical way to go. Excuse me i meant tweaks.

Edited by DeanYuri
  • Upvote 1

I came into the game accepting that riven disposition was based on each item's POPULARITY.

SO....if half the player base adopts the Rubico Prime, it makes sense its riven disposition will go DOWN.

I will admit I am slightly sad at my less effective Amprex, Ignis Wraith, and Euphona Prime.

But I also am glad DE is taking steps to make sure the same 10 weapons don't show up on every single mission, which WF was starting to turn into. 

Variety, people. 

Now if only the same could be done for Frames so I don't have to take heat every time I want to bring my fave Nyx into ESO or Arbitrations...

Edited by johnqwilson
correcting typo

1 hour ago, ModernGreg said:

You do know that the weapon is powerful even without  a Riven, right?

Even with a good riven it was less powerful than i want.

Omg , my Rubico riven noooo , now it’s not worth 1 plat 😂😂 . Bad work DE , bad work DE